Feedback Required The Eleon Official Servers Reflection (EU/US)

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

In ther real world yes... but having it in game requires a bit of math, in terms of calculating angle of sun position and panel angle... it adds to the work the client/servers are doing. Thats the main reason that there is a limit on solar panels, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, and other reasons are afoot.....

In regards to lag and rubber-banding(stuttering), players with high ping can mess up the server for everyone, as the server is trying to keep everyone on the same ticks. Players who use wifi, and not a direct ethernet connection are the biggest culprits. I had to put a ping limit on my server to restrict players who are on the other side of the planet from joining and causing issue for other players. Generally, I set it to 120 ping, and anyone higher than that can't join, which sucks for them, but reduces lag for everyone else. However, again, players with wifi connections can have a low ping overall, but due to interference (wifi noise) from neighbours wifi's set to the same channels can wreak havoc with communications, thus stuttering, and in turn degrade server performance. This has just been my experience with running a server. Obviously, if the server is overwhelmed with too much, like large/complex ships/poi's, or sheer volume of objects, and not enough processing power/ram, that could cause issue too.... but I am sure the official servers are well maintained and set to their appropriate limits.

It may be an auto-alliance issue? I know when we bring a new player into our faction, it can screw up our faction standings...
    If the planet you start on belongs to a particular origin, it way be that the other players of that origin/faction have been terrorizing the talon, or poking the Zirax with a big annoying stick.... just a thought.

2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

On both occasions, I joined no factions.

I generally try to remain neutral to Player Factions, and spend my time as a nomadic trader of odds and ends, and purveyor of Hamburgers and Pizzas.

Ephoie likes this.
  3. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

@IndigoWyrd
    Then clearly someone doesn't like you! jks :p

But seriously, if the server you are on has auto faction set, or an origin, like trader/mercenary, set to a certain standing, it will cause issues right off the bat with other NPC factions. It can be configured in defreputation.ecf.

Code:
    { Reputation Name: "Human:1"
      Zirax: 8500
      Talon: 12500
      Polaris: 16500
    }

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  4. boo

boo Commander

just a lil review about the EU server with A12,

- there is still no wildlife on Atlon planet, not any animals, not any enemis squad (except in their outpost and building only)
    - all suns of all systems are tagged PVP area in the planet infos sections, but in pve systems they are not pvp area.
    - i see some players space stations in the sun playfields, didn't these area was forbiden to build ?
    - we need a option to hide waypoints wich are not in the planet and orbit we are .
    - detector range are far than it says, i can sense 29km range instead of 24km with a cv and 19km with sv instead of 13km ...
    - if a11 have too much ore ressource, a12 have too less ressource, i hope there is a ore reset area on planet, because there is only one pentaxyd in the system where i am, and it's in the moon and guess everyone will go to mine it .... previous alpha , there was no reset for that ...

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Should be fixed in the NEXT update
    In the default Game yes. In the Scenario there parameters arnt set to deny it
    Use the Registery to hide and unhide the unwanted ones

As of the rest. General Feedback posts / Bug Reports

Only Starter Planets reset. I can add the moons of the starting systems
    Other planets wont reset. The Asteroids will reset

Germanicus likes this.
  6. boo

boo Commander

if you add the moon to starting systems, the auto miners and buildings here will reset/wipe too ?

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Deposit Reset ONLY resets the Deposits and removes the Auto Miners on those Deposits.
    Same as it is on the Starting Planets

I wont add it to all moons. ONLY to Starting Planet Moons (2/3 moons i believe)

8. X-Kent

X-Kent Ensign

Hello.
    Me & my wife spent 90% of our last couple of weekends playing the game. We did start over 20-30 times and it was fun. Most we got to was CV and started jumping around in Reforged Eden mod. We played local coop. We had some bugs (the latest version screwed up akua orbit for us).

We would now like to find a way to play the game in a "supposed" way. Like, an official server where we can build stuff and everyone can login when he has time to etc (we are not always playing together).

I see game go "release" on 5th August (or at least it drops the early access thing). I usually stay away from EA games as I don't want to be someone else's "free qa" and only buy finished products. Empyrion is like 5 y/o so I gave it a try and the game is crazy good (not sure smooth enough to leave EA but that's another topic)

Where should we start playing ? We don't have any specific requirements, we would like to have like regular survival exploration etc experience, may be some PVP later on if it works.
    Are the official servers are good place for us ?
    Are they large enough that we don't get "slot locked" out on holidays etc ?
    Does "release" on 5aug means that the server will be maintained like a part of the product and would not have "sorry, bug, we had to erase everything" wipes out of a sudden ?
    Is the official server galaxy "big enough" for exploration ? (the maps only show handful of systems when I possibly see hundreds of them on my regular games)
    Is there any updated "read this" about official servers, all the topics I see are from 2017 and say stuff like "we are alpha 5" so I get lost and not sure what information is outdated and what is not.

I hope anyone could at least answer parts of my questions. The game is great, now the last part I miss is how do I play it so I don't restart every 3 days.

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hello,

The Official Server are maintained now aswell. But i manage them alone. Iam not online there till someone points a bug out on them and i need to assist. They will stay mainted aswell after the 5th. Were not full releasing the game. Its just called v1.0 on the 5th. We will still maintain this game as we did the past 5 years in the same frequenty.

If you want a large Galaxy then you have to join the Vanilla Public Official Server. Its running Default Multiplayer with 15000 stars to visit

10. X-Kent

X-Kent Ensign

Thank you for a quick reply.

Can I ask how many systems there are in the EU/US scenario servers ?
    Is there any link you can point me to for information regarding wipes on EU/US/Vanilla servers ? (I did read the regular pinned ones I just see they are from 2017 so I fear the info there is outdated).

Are there any "slot limit" problems on that server public server ? I see there is only 1.

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

12. X-Kent

X-Kent Ensign

I started at the vanilla server but the info is still lacking/outdated.
    The "official vanilla server" thread says wipe information is in "EU/US" server thread.
    "EU/US" server thread says you should get off starter planets in 7 days.
    In practice: cb:wipe on temperate overcrowded starter planet shows 29days.

Go figure.

Still can't figure out what zones are PVP and what zones are PVE. Like, I get that starter zone is PVE but not sure if I can build there or what (see above).
    I can see PVP/PVE status of the other playfields in the solar system but have no idea how I check the same for other systems (building first CV and getting PWNed 2 minutes after first jump is no fun).

I really think the "official" part of the documentation can have an overhaul. Games should not require people to go to the forums to figure out the rules in the first place but at least if they do it should be presented in easy to understand manner.

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Already answered you in the other post

14. X-Kent

X-Kent Ensign

Some planets on official EU have a bit of misleading description.
    The planet type is "temperate starter" but it seems I can warp to it and the description says "It's a good place to put a base for further exploration..." so I am confused is it starter or not.

I think the planet name was "Sact" or "Sect" (can't login and check). There were 2 of those in the same system.

There is a reply that says there are 6 systems. I only see 5 on the map (1 in the middle and 4 around it)... Is there some kind of a hidden system ?

I am kinda wondering how I am supposed to keep my CVs safe during logout. Due to many people being in the same playfield it doesn't "freeze" so if I leave it on with shield on it drains too much fuel. If I turn it off I fear some small drone or something can aggro it and slowly destroy it while it's defenseless.
    Building a hangar for CV doesn't seem to be viable either, it doesn't fit the gates.

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

There are plenty of PvE Zones where you can leave it, or you make use of the Offline Protection Devices

16. GREENBLADE

GREENBLADE Ensign

Hello,

Why it is not possible to restart (really) the story on the same server...I have start like a mercenary and shoot in a zirax base ..........if I choose restart I am in the orbital installations but always -6000 in reputation ...so it is not a restart and the choice to restart on an other planet will be great (a real restart...)

Thank you

17. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

To have a full restart you tybe CB:Reset in the chat

18. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I haven't been playing the IvD scenario so much this time around, instead I've been putting my time into the Vanilla Default MP. From that scenario:

1. Yes, the PDA should have missions, bare minimum, should include the Robinson Protocol, or a variation thereof, since sending the players to a crashed ship will simply lead to many of them missing out on things like the ready-to-repair Hover Bike and Blue Dart, as the first player there will likely repair these and they will be somewhat permanently gone. The Robinson Protocol is great to get truly new players to grasp many of the complex tasks involved in Empyrion, but it's also quite handy for experienced players as well, to get a little XP boost at the start, as the push to unlock the tech tree is the primary motivator in the beginning.

2. The temperate starter world is perpetually over-crowded and frequently exceeds the supported number of buildings by some 200%. Some more options for starter worlds might be in order. In terms of difficulty, I would say the environments themselves are suitable, but the population makes them a good bit more challenging.

3. Enough variation? Never. In terms of resource distribution, I find some of the less-common resources to be a bit too common, such as gold, while other more common resources, like Iron, can be a bit light. This has long been Empryion's single greatest limitation - be it repetitive structures/POI's, repetitive creatures or NPC's, or "seen one lava planet, seen them all", we could use somewhere between 10 and 20 times as many models, characters and variations of each of these.

4. The universe itself is fine. It is large, but then space IS big.

5. PvP... as far as the OVS is concerned, is not a concern of those playing there. For the most part, PvP areas are avoided, as players prefer the PvE experience. My own experience with PvP in Empyrion leads me to following conclusions:

a. Combat is a fairly weak element in Empyrion, twice as weak on the PvP side. The average PvP battle consists of two ships dancing in circles while turrets fire on their designated targets and manually fired missiles are hurled in an attempt to strike at key targets. It's insanely boring and requires almost no actual skill due to weak control support and extremely limited and limiting systems. Changing a turret's target from Turrets to Generators, for example, requires navigating the Control Panel menus, which means leaving your ship uncontrolled for the duration of making this change. Combine this with the already limited controls (mouse/keyboard),

b. Again, in the OVS, there are plenty of ways to get from A to B.

c. Overall performance still seems to be something of a bottleneck. Add to that the amount of time spent building vessels, versus the amount of time it takes to either repair, or replace vessels, and you've got a huge time sink.

d. Wait, there are rules for PvP?

e. I'm more than sure there are limits, but once a limit is applied it is decried as "limiting my creativity", especially where aspects of PvP are concerned. Not being able to mount 26 of each type of turret, along with 100 RCS's and 100 generators (as decoys) crippled too many players "creativity" already.

f. For those who enjoy it, I'm sure they'll say "no". I generally avoid PvP, as I find it incredibly boring.

g. While not asked, there is very little point to PvP. Yes, you can potentially loot someone's ship, it's contents, or simply strip it down into raw materials, but it's mostly too much effort for too little reward. I've trashed tons of cargo simply to prevent someone else from taking it, including 1000's of Zascosium, Erestrum, Gold, LOB's and LOM's, which has left some pretty disappointed opponents, but I'd rather no one have it than someone take it. Perhaps if there were actually some meaningful gameplay, a point to PvP, it would have more appeal. Right now, it's just a way to waste resources.