The new derelict ship POI...

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Pach, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

So, I ran the new version of the derelict ship (Ancient Revelations?) questline, and I have some feedback, both for the creator, and regarding the POI itself in the questline:

I see that this new version is courtesy of Vermillion.

@Vermillion you have sunk to new depths of evil. You are a right bastard, you know that? (Please note, I say this with admiration). How long did it take you to place that one turret across 2 rooms with decorative bits in the middle just SO, so it can hit you as you come out the door, while it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see? Or was that just coincidence? You sneaky, devilish, 3D-expert SCUMBAG! :)

This is by far the most convoluted and challenging of the "Legacy" ("abandoned") POIs I've seen.

I "hated" it, even as I admired the evil genius creating it.

I love a good challenge, and it certainly exceeds all expectations for that.
    (I trust Verm understands I'm complimenting him with all these insults...)

All that being said...

@Hummel-o-War

... I think it's probably too much/too difficult for this spot in the questline (note: I'm usually playing on hard settings, and I'm usually someone saying "make it harder, please!"). I didn't think the POI itself was impossibly hard overall... (challenging, but doable, even with medium armor and T2 guns and no rad boost...), just rather hard for *this* spot in the questline.

It's a very LONG POI (but so was the original), and I felt the loot was "meh" for the effort (while freely admitting I may have missed crates along the way, or I may have just had bad luck in what dropped from the better crates at the end).

This is what I'd expect as final/end-game level of difficulty. While it's the end of the chapter, it's not the end of the questline (rather early, I'd say?). I didn't have heavy armor or epic weapons to do it (and no rad boost, either, which made the end parts longer as I had to keep returning to my medbay for anti-radiation treatments).

Might be nice to have some kind of indicator what difficulty expectation for certain quests are. For example, a hint that on this one, you will want heavy armor and weapons, and good medicals and environmental protections, since you don't know exactly what you are going to find in there (or something like that, without saying specifically that you need rad booster, parasite removers, etc.).

Same thought for the other questline I posted a comment on (one of the new ones)...
    That one would be "find exceptionally rare quality weapons and armor" or somesuch...

-cRSt-, ravien_ff and stanley bourdon like this.