THE WAR ROOM (PvP/PvE Battle Video Stockpile: send in your own!)

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Slam Jones, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

In these darkest of days, there is but one constant: that of war.

Intro aside, I wanted to create a thread where anyone and everyone can post their PvP or PvE encounters! (Player vs Alien now totally counts! If it explodes, we want to see it! :D )

Not only that, but I figured it might be a decent idea to compile all Battle footage the community has, in order to help identify issues and ways to improve the experience.

So, if you play in a dedicated server, and/or engage in any sort of PvP/PvE activity, we'd love to see it! Here's a list of recording programs that I personally know of:

--------------------------------

RECORDING SOFTWARE OPTIONS!

(Do you know of any I didn't add to the list? Send me a message or comment, and I'll be sure to add it!)

Windows 10 Built-In Game Recorder

- It's free, it doesn't leave any stupid watermarks, it causes very minimal lag (especially compared to other Free options), and records to any length I need. Plus I didn't need to download anything extra.

Highly recommended if you have/use Windows 10.

Bandicam
    - I no longer use this one, but it is a free option if you do not have Win 10.

Open Broadcast Software
    - I've tried this one and it caused some pretty major lag in my game, though it's likely I set it up incorrectly. OBS appears to have a lot of nice options and features, and seems to be designed more for Streaming/Youtuber-style videos. If that's your cup of tea, give it a shot!

NVidia Shadowplay
    - One of the best in the industry. Available ONLY to those with Nvidia Graphics cards (GTX series, etc). Causes (from what I've heard) VERY minimal frame rate loss, and records in incredible quality. If you have an Nvidia GPU capable of running it, you basically have to give it a shot :D

FRAPS
    - Used to use this one back in the day when I worked at Blizzard. I believe, like Bandicam, the trial version only does 10 minute videos at a time. Haven't tested on my PC recently, so I cannot comment on frame rates.

--------------------------------

Now, for the good stuff: the videos! Here's a few I've captured, from the Red vs Blue dedicated server. My point of view in the is from the Red team, as I am the Red Team leader. Anyway... enjoy! :)

-------------------------

RED VS BLUE: The First Battle of Akua
    Red and Blue forces meet up for an SV dogfight over the planet of Akua

RED VS BLUE: Attack on Terraformer
    Blue forces have established a base: Red team has to bring it down.

RED VS BLUE: Battle over Aestus
    Red and Blue forces meet up over Aestus to vie for control of the area.

Do you have any PvP videos? Post them here! :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Does PvB (B=bug) count? Lol

3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Lol, only if people are shooting at each other at the time :p

4. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

5. arg821

arg821 Commander

Spaceships need missiles .......

Slam Jones likes this.
  6. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Hello,

I suggest MSI afterburner, you have option for record video, for ALL brand (Nvidia or AMD video card).
    The option is in setting and in last tab.
    I record with it.

Slam Jones likes this.
  7. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Enjoyed these pvp vids :) , looks alot more fun to be had.
    And it seems to me that the experience can be enhanced with faction colored nametags wich proceduraly become smaller as the distance decreases. Just like more triple A type of shooter games do. These vids make me wanna join pvp parties.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Welp, I totally forgot I made this thread several months back, and I think it's about time to update it! No longer does it have to be PvP... PvE is quite fine as well! Anything with explosions! :)

** As a note, except for I think the first video of the Ogre Fire Test, all recordings were taken with the Windows 10 built-in Game Recorder. It's free if you have Win10, and works better than any other free recorder I've tried yet.

---------------------------------------------

First up, here are some videos of the SlamTek Ogre-Class Cruiser prototype conducting a few Fire Tests:

Next up, here are some videos of the new SlamTek Mammoth HV conducting some Fire Tests on Zeyhines:

Got any cool videos of PvP or PvE battles? Feel free to post em here!

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

After 4.0 gets done baking & releases, I can only wonder if I could ever make a Mega HV even half as cool as the Mammoth...? :)

Slam Jones likes this.
  10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I'm sure you can easily make one twice as cool as the Mammoth :)

Just takes patience and practice! The Mammoth isn't overly artistic anyway, so that's not a difficult goal by any standard :p

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Truthfully I only care about Brawn, Power, & Practicality. Any looks that is managed in the Creation is a bonus. :)

With that said I still think i'll wait for 4.0.0 Stable first so I can know how the new Hover Mechanics will get set in Concrete first before trying to design around them. Until then i'll build Test War Tanks only that are meant for the function of helping with the Hover Mechanics Testing. :)

Slam Jones likes this.