This is skating game! (- -#)

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by 戴假发的光头凤敏, Jul 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 戴假发的光头凤敏

戴假发的光头凤敏 Ensign

Please increase the braking force when walking and aiming! I haven't seen an FPS game play like skating, and that hasn't changed at all over the years

monktk likes this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, this has been a problem with EGS for years. I have not noticed it when aiming, but the drifting after movement is a pain.

monktk likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Walking? Really? What are you getting for framerates? 12? 15?
    I average around 115 FPS, and can walk, aim, shoot, jetpack, headshot, barrel roll and repeat without a hitch.

4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It is not a framerate problem - it is seen best when you try to jump onto a small space or specific location. There is a kind of momentum to your movement that can make finesse difficult.

monktk likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I think he's referring (I may be wrong) to the motion of the player character being too fast for the motion of the ground, and "decelerating" instead of stopping. This may be due to the way forces are applied to the player, instead of using a "set speed" function.

Physics in Unity are rather basic. For the objects to be subjected to forces, some things (like set speed) can't be done, if I'm not completely off road on this...

I also calculated some time ago that the player's motion, at walking speed, should be a light jog, walking should be slower, and sprint could be just ok at the speed it is now.

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  6. 戴假发的光头凤敏

戴假发的光头凤敏 Ensign

Normal walking does take time to slow down, but doing so in a game can be very unpleasant. The current game setting makes me feel like I'm working on a rolling ball