Feedback Required Three things you absolutely LIKE about Empyrion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Plain and simple. What do you LIKE about Empyrion - can be three things and more.

NO discussions!
    (For discussions we have more than enough threads on ALL topics ;)

For things you DISlike, engage here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/three-things-you-absolutely-dislike-about-empyrion.94618/

Disclaimer: This is not a representative survey. Never the less we are curious which features and elements of the game YOU consider the most liked/disliked, or are the most liked/disliked with regards to your PERSONAL playstyle ! :)

2. Grand Pa

Grand Pa Lieutenant

What I love most about Empyrion is the possibility of free building in creative mode. Here you can give free rein to your "play instinct" and try out all kinds of possibilities (and impossibilities ;-).

Then of course the accessible universe and the planned possibilities how you want to develop there. Whether as an explorer, merchant, pirate or mercenary / bounty hunter is up to you.

The game "inherits" its original predecessor Elite and its successor Elite Dangerous, which I played for quite a while. But then it simply became too complex for me and there is no free build mode. So I have found "My" game and I hope that there will be a bug-free final version soon.

mr_road, zaphodikus, dbeachy1 and 2 others like this.
  3. The Salty Snake Chef

The Salty Snake Chef Captain

Three things that got me hooked to this game:
    1. the galaxy map and the randomly generated galaxy (+ Project Eden).
    2. The grind from HV to SV and finally CV. With the BA somewhere in the middle.
    3. The sense of dread I get from the exploration which makes going to planets fun.

mr_road, BDAKiwi, zaphodikus and 3 others like this.
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

1) Building. Creative mode.

2) Project Eden/Reforged Galaxy. It's interesting to see what can be done with the game. The possibilities. It fires the imagination.

That's all I've got.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Custom ships, mining for resources, variety of playfields.

Brimstone likes this.
  6. Love Is Flash

Love Is Flash Captain

1) I like the external component of a beautiful game
    2) I like almost complete freedom of action
    3) I like the constant filling of the galaxy for explorer
    4) I like Creativemode

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Brimstone likes this.
  7. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

1. The variety. Single player, multiplayer, the workshop, the different senarios. Etc

2. Alpha. Sounds strange, but I enjoy the constant evolving game systems. The discussions and thoughts on how these effect the game. This has kept the game and community fresh. Even post alpha/beta content updates DLC, community interaction will be important for longevity.

3. Flexibility. The core USP of Empyrion in my mind. Providing an ever increasing tool set and options to permit content creators produce "their unique vision".

Many times I've read posts about individuals being excited by the "potential" of this game. My 3 above points are my attempt to express what I personally mean by "potential "

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

1: Survival. Gotta say, I love the true survival aspects of the game that Space Engineers lacked. Food, O2, Stamina, Diseases, FPS combat and a proper environment to survive in. There are some balancing issues, but nothing that cannot be solved by some good modding... in most cases.

2: Moddability. With the opening of the configs in A12, there's a LOT that can be done if you know where to look and what to put where, as long as you pay attention to all the little details. But everything is interconnected, you just cannot change one value in one place without following the branch both up and down the tree of configs to ensure there isn't unwanted side-effects of that little change.

3: Building. This was the reason I left Space Engineers years ago. The game was a lifeless husk, dependent entirely on mods for 99% of its content and 100% deniability by the devs for using them. The ability to texture and color (multiple sides) and a wide choice of block shapes puts the base game of empyrion head and shoulders above SE's complete absence of design.
    There are still a lot of improvements to be made (e.g. longer slope armor blocks, wider circles, better thin shapes) but there's plenty of stuff to do with what we've got.

mr_road, Brimstone and SacredGlade like this.
  9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

The Galaxy: This is the single biggest advancement in the game. Not only does it look and work awesome for a first pass, the only major issue with it is a lack of variety in those thousands of destinations that hopefully will be addressed over time. Well, that and being forced by block restrictions to have a base if you're not modding- which leads to:

Modding: Allowing access to the config files may be risky in Alpha, as some may bug report their own errors, but if the devs are actually paying attention to what gets modded and the popularity of those changes with the goal of implementing them vanilla, it's a good thing that may save them time to work on other things. It's just a shame that the more egregious issues with the game are hardcoded.

Along with this, of course, is the potential for scenarios to extend the playability of the base game

Sandbox: Yes, more blocks need to be added, some limitations removed, and some of the models need to be replaced or improved, but the fact that I can pretty much build what I want where I want and how I want- and share it with friends

mr_road and Love Is Flash like this.
  10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

1. Visuals.
    2. Freedom to build custom assets.
    3. Engagement with the community by the developers.

cmguardia and Love Is Flash like this.
  11. jones99306

jones99306 Lieutenant

1) Freedom to create buildings and vessels to my heart's desire.

2) Sandbox playstyle where I decide when to enter the story and how much I want.

3) Developers clearly listening to the community, despite our rants.

4) Visuals continue being improved. Seeing the new gas worlds and the impressive galaxy map are awe inspiring (as shown by the new popular screenshots thread).

5) Lots of material looks ripe for the mod community (even more than the Eden Project).

6) Active updates and improvements ongoing and no signs of slowing down.

zaphodikus likes this.
  12. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

1. Progression
    • The new galaxy is amazing
    • Ladders!
    • Even if I don't like all the changes that are made, all the time, I do feel like there is a plan behind the scenes somewhere and it will all come together, eventually.
    2. Steadfastness

Y'all haven't quit in disgust after several months of us angry players coming at you with the torches and pitchforks over stuff. Thanks for that, because...

3. This is one of two games that I'll probably play until I finally keel over dead from mega-carpal-tunnel. I can start a playthrough and create my own story, using vessels that I've built, suffer for my design failures and excel for my design victories, it's a good thing y'all are creating. It let's us create stuff too.

13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

1- Freedom, open-world/ sandbox style. That is what attracted me at first, it's still true provided we can customize the game to our likings, which brings me to...

2- The game being highly customizable, even at this early stage, and I can already see how I would eventually setup the game when it is realeased as "final" version, which brings me to...

3- The developers not being shy to give players a very large array of modding capabilities, and I can only wish it to go even further at release. while some game companies absolutely refuse to release even the most innocent cheat or developer code, Eleon went the absolute opposite way. Too bad for those who don't realize the scope of just that, really...

KRanKO5 and Love Is Flash like this.
  14. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

1. The creativity. If you can imagine it, you can build it.

2. The new, much larger universe.

3. The survival aspects - though more would be greatly welcomed.

Edit:

There is one more thing I absolutely love - the hard work and dedication the team behind this has poured into Emyprion over the years. It really shows, and it really makes the game as good as it is.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    KRanKO5, cmguardia and EternalHeathen like this.
  15. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Empyrion
    Galactic
    Survival

KRanKO5, cmguardia, Cluascorp and 2 others like this.
  16. RhodeKill

RhodeKill Commander

Building and creative freedom: I like that Empyrion has more of an ‘arcade’ feel rather than ‘realistic’. Since I don’t need tubes and wires connecting everything I build, it gives me much more freedom to make whatever I want or to accurately replicate my favorite sci-fi ships. This is my favorite aspect of the game.

Combat: Actually having enemies and factions to fight is the main reason I prefer Empyrion to other games like Space Engineers. Too many other games let you build, but then there's nothing to do with your new creation. Or there's a lot to shoot, but the building is very limited. I love being able to blast away baddies with a custom-built battleship instead of just building it for fun or looks.

Galaxy: This still needs more work in regards to variety and end game, but I love how much there is to explore and see. Especially with player made content like Eden and Reforged, the game always offers something new. I think this area of the game has the most potential in the future.

KRanKO5 and Germanicus like this.
  17. Dreuseff

Dreuseff Lieutenant

Survival Elements including food, oxygen, and radiation
    RPG Elements such as a tech tree
    PVE Combat
    NPC Factions
    Sci-fi theme
    Volume and Logistics feature set
    Good resolution of voxel textures

KRanKO5 likes this.
  18. Mars Volta

Mars Volta Lieutenant

1. I like the ability to build things, and then use them against other people's creations. I probably spend more than half of my time in creative.

2. I like the Multiplayer aspect of the game.

3. I like the ability to craft teleporters.

KRanKO5 likes this.
  19. Foofaspoon

Foofaspoon Commander

1. I love the creative & building side - but even more so that you can then use them to do something! It brings back that childlike love of making spaceships and imagining flying around in them (quite a few of my ships even look like like the ones I used to make; a box with a cardboard roll glued to it!)

2. The adventure parts of it - though there is a lot of filling in of the world, battling Zirax, Legacy etc is really fun!

3. A12 - seriously, a stunning update adding more RPG elements and the galaxy is of the charts fantastic, offering such potential!

4. Co-op: Most games I play as single player, but Empyrion really shines playing with friends - the adventure together, building, and exploring each other's creations in amazing.

BDAKiwi, KRanKO5, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

1) Build my own ships!
    Its minecraft in cool AF, simple fact.

2) Exploring, the new sector approach is very cool and long overdue!
    I was expecting 'this' since I was talking with L back in A7, well done!

3) Its challenging at start (though I tend to choose difficulties like 'extreme' or 'ultra' for scenarios or server starts), but relaxing in the end game to focus on the creative part.