Fixed Thruster heat & Rad zones not rotating correctly [7059]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by krazzykid2006, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mode: All
    Mode: All

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always

Type: Temperature,Radiation

Summary: Thruster heat & Rad zones not rotating correctly

Description: At least for CV's, heat and radiation zones aren't rotating correctly with CV's in space. Depending on the rotation in reference to "UP" in space, thruster heat and radiation zones can extend further than 1 block.
    As the CV is rotated in various orientations in space the thruster heat zones aren't staying within the 1 block space next to the thrusters like intended.
    This is causing issues where heat zones are being put in "safe" areas as you rotate the ship in space and can lead to instantly killing plants in certain designs. I've had to leave 2 and 3 blocks of free space around thrusters because of this bug.

Steps to Reproduce: Load up provided save and stand on the Steel block painted in blue. Notice your heat and radiation. Thruster is painted red. This should be a safe spot, but because of the rotation of the CV in space it's extremely hot and radiated. If you then get in the cockpit and level the CV off then the heat zone goes back where it should.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  2. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

Some devices' area of effect changes based on the orientation of the ship. For example, Pentaxid tank area of effect exceed one cube limit if you tilt the ship. It might be happening because of area of effect doesn't change with the orientation of the ship. Didnt experience it with other devices yet.

3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Nerd01 likes this.
  4. Nerd01

Nerd01 Commander

5. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

None of those were mine, and at least you reported it :)

6. Yohann DuYuAn

Yohann DuYuAn Ensign

version : 12.2.1 2885
    Single, survival.

in my CV my room is up to my big generator.
    Normaly all is fine, but if I rotate my CV by 90 degrees it's become hell.

Is it normal? i am in space normaly heat and radiation is harmoniously distributed in all directions.

Do you need the save file?

7. Kumbaya

Kumbaya Lieutenant

network game
    server - official experimental branch

I built a new ship at the factory, after which I discovered a temperature and radiation anomaly in rooms in some places. In these places there are no suspicious sources at a distance of 2 blocks, so this is a guarantee that this is a bug. In a restarted solo game, this effect is not in these places.

I must say that this effect was also encountered in the third phase of testing. In this case, the effect of spontaneous temperature and radiation could disappear after jumping into another system or after restarting the server.

Attached Files:

8. If your ship isn't perfectly level with the O key then the heat and radiation zones don't stay where they are supposed to.
    It's a known bug but hasn't been fixed and it's been bugged for a long time now.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ot-rotating-correctly-7059.91908/#post-382575

If I were you I wouldn't plant anything in those plots or they will just die the next time your ship isn't perfectly level (assuming this is the same bug).

Germanicus, Pach and Kumbaya like this.
  9. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be coming in one of the next releases for A12.

Germanicus and Kumbaya like this.