Titanium Woes on starters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Booyaah, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Depending on the server, there is either a decent amount of ways to get titanium (i.e. breaking down blocks from alien/zirax installations or multi tooling CV thrusters off wrecks). Anyways the issue is when you break these things down you get Titanium Plates instead of Rods.

But the Oscillator and Flux Coil (which are required components to build a lot of things, even a T2 multi tool) require rods and I don't think you can deconstruct the plates down. So my suggestion is to replace giving 5 Titanium plates out from a block with an equivalent amount of 20 Titanium Rods. This will make the beginning experience much more fluid.

2. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Or a setting to the deconstructor that allows items to be further reduced to ingots- when there are sufficient quantity, no partials

3. scapino

scapino Ensign

Just get some money, and buy Titanium Rods at the Polaris Trading Station in orbit. That's how I get my first Titanium rods.

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Titanium ore deposits on the moon. That's why they're there.
    Flux Coils and Oscillators are also dropped by all drones.

Khazul likes this.
  5. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Even if not local, I have not had a start yet (least not after titanium was added properly) where I haven't been able to find a titanium asteroid in SV warp range.

If you are trying to build a CV based on your experience with 11.x, then I think enough has changed to make going direct to even a small starter CV impractical without having a warp capable SV first to gather needed resources, though for gold you can sometimes be unlucky and have to search another solar system (though some POI may have enough for small needs).