To Dev's, my feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kemble, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Kemble

Kemble Ensign

New to game, bought it 7 days ago and have 118 hours already. Self employed, don't hate!

Wife plays the game with me and she LOVES to build. I've spend most my time exploring & clearing out our whole starter planet, mining resources & salvaging POI's for her to keep busy. Built myself an SV to explore the moon, harvested all of the moon & also traveled to the trading station in our orbit. Now my next step is to warp to new system to find more advanced ores & a advance the quest line to find a snow planet. I have built 3 different T3 prefab SV's now and none of them have warp drives. I'm absolutely pissed now !!! If my wife didn't enjoy the building portion of this game I would have uninstalled this game and left a negative feedback. How many years has this game been out and you STILL have not added the ability to show what is included in blueprints is absolutely pathetic !!! If you can provide a materials list, why can't you provide a detailed list of the contents of the ship? You post the attack & defense, why cant you post the storage capacity, or the oxygen capacity, or the ABILITY TO WARP ????

I know I'm new to the game, but a little bit of advice. If you want to retain your players, you can't have them building ships blindly. I'm being dead serious. I was so disappointed spawning my 1st T3 SV ship only to find out that it didn't have a warp drive included. Sure I can add one, TO THE F*****G ROOF, but it's not the same. I spent hours gathering materials because I kind of expected a T3 SV to have at least a warp drive in it, apparently I was wrong.

Either spend a few hours renaming your prefab vehicles with the words "Warp ready" or do something in the factory menu to list the components of the ships. I don't care about the steam workshop, yes I hear those are WAY better ships that what is offered in the base game. My point is, there is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING that indicates to us new/inexperienced players if a prefab ship is capable of warping short distances. We spend hours gathering materials and then 45m-1.25 hours waiting for blueprints to complete only to find out the ship isn't even capable of warping is a serious bad reflection on the game. Flame me all you want, iccl, just my honest feedback to the devs.

SnowdogJJJ and zaphodikus like this.
  2. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

The problem with your "feedback" is that you take too aggressive a tone for it. This changes it from feedback to wanting your way, rather than trying to change tactics in-game.

If you find any of the prefab SVs do not have a warp core, then modify the design and add one! This is a sandbox game, so nothing is preventing you from making any alterations to any design. Or, for those players who like to design, make some basic warp ships in creative mode and use those for your initial warping needs.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Simple answer to your..hm..'feedback':
    PREFABS or not built by the Devs but by Players!
    I suggest you open the Techtree, look at what level a Warpdrive MAY BE available for an SV and choose your Prefab accordingly.
    As @Tarc Novar pointed it out: Blueprints does not always contain all Devices. Some are built for a Starter Game, some for advanced Play Styles and some for Endgame.

So, by using CAPS to underline your points your 'feedback' sounds like a rant.

Don2k7 and Tarc Novar like this.
  4. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Hey @Kemble .. my wife and I like playing coop too. Very fun. Given that things are the way they are (as opposed to the multitude of ways all of us as individuals wish they were) a good work around is to use a creative game on the side to act as a car lot- bring in the designs that interest you in space and don't forget to wander around the space station that doubles as a great tutorial on advanced building.

I've frequently flown the truck camper version of my starter SV to gather the resources to make the V2 and know what you're talking about. From a physics standpoint the game lets you get away with lots of stuff that has the potential to break immersion but you have a couple switches you can flip (weight/balance & cpu) to make builds more difficult if not a lot more realistic. In the end it's a lot like making a model railroad as far as the effort you put into the visual. I find using the truss blocks helps me feel better about getting away with ramshackle cheesy stuff.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Perfectly legit feedback, a lot of game content has not been updated since the days of the alphas, tiny little things, but they do confuse new players. I think that a tactical choice by the devs has turned out long term against them. I imagine that Eleon will move the team onto a brand new game and make different choices. Happens when your success becomes your undoing by simple sheer weight.

6. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

Since your wife likes building, get her to build you an SV with a warp drive.

bluemax151 and Germanicus like this.