[TOOL] EAH | Empyrion Admin Helper v1.61.x

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Glad to hear :)

There are at least 3 known: https://empyriononline.com/threads/announcements.13834/#post-207560
    But I heard even of 2 more, but I'm not sure yet.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

You can do a lot of things with "marked" players. I just cannot seem to be able to mark them. Tried to highlight them in the usual click on the first, and shift click to the last, tried ticking in the "Mark" box, but couldn't do it either way.
    Would you kindly correct my obivious error here?

3. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

can you show where you try to mark them? In the main list it should be possible as you said and as normal in windows.
    See gif

Attached Files:

4. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Is it possible to set a chat in the timetable that only sends the message to certain playfields? I'm guessing no, since there isn't a "Playfield" chat channel. I was thinking maybe an alternative would be to PM people in specific playfields.

Also trying to work out if I can create a command to spawn a specific prefab on demand, but looks like I'll just need to make an admin command shortcut for it.

5. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

yes both is not possible at the moment.

6. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Ok, not really surprised there. Thanks for the response. :)

7. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Hey guys,

this update is mainly to give you a secure workaround for the current game bug that prevents a server from starting from time to time (missing dll exceptions). EAH will check if your server started properly (PlayfieldServer process is also startet) and if not kill the dedi and try again. This way you should be able to sleep again, not worrying about a failed restart.

Enjoy

Patch notes - 1.49.5.0 (Alpha 12.2)
    Remember to stop the server, start the tool and then start the server to apply the Update.
    If you start a new game also make sure to restart the tool after you started the game the first time.
    Please turn off Autban before you update the tool or start the server. Then check for a few hours if the Cheater Check marks people yellow (Extreme = They would get banned) without reason. If so, please let us know and do not turn on AutoBan. If everything is ok, you can turn on AutoBan.
    In case you are using a slave tool: Be aware that using this version only works if you update master and slave!
    This Version will be available over steam and via manual download.

Please switch the Version in the Config to Alpha 12. Please deactivate "Detailed logs" and "Connection logs" in the Config\Debug section. These are only needed in case you have problems and need to send logs to us. Otherwise they will slow down EAH!

• Added: New Ingame Factions
    • Added: Server start issue workaround
    • Added: Faster Playfield loading
    • Fixed: Exception when loading planet list

8. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Thank you very much for the workaround on the server start issue. It's been driving me nuts having to manually perform the regularly scheduled restarts.

I have hopes that the playfield loading will help to negate the issue I have where you cannot warp to systems sometimes, and get an error that it couldn't be loaded.

Germanicus likes this.
  9. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

The Emp Admin Helper does not work with the new Reforged Eden steam, but it works with regular dedicated server (started from client coop). Tried out a lot of things for 8 hours to no success.
    The newest EAH works with the manually combined Reforged Galaxies + Project Eden.
    EAH current steam version in the Dedicated Tool isn't the current.

The playfield server can't start, so the dedicated goes into an infinite loop, unable to even stop.
    Examples from the logs, whatever I did, they stayed:

I will write this to the other place.
    Too sleepy now.

10. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Tried:
    local coop server from client works
    local EAH dedicated server dont
    local EAH with old combined mods work
    renamed several times
    changed the configuration in myriad ways
    integrity checked Dedicated Tool from steam
    reinstalled dedicated tool
    checked networking rights of all components everywhere
    did a lot more, but now too sleepy :)

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This might be the cause. You MUST rename the scenario folder to something else and point your dedicated.yaml file to the renamed folder.

*edit* that's also the Workshop ID of Project Eden, not Reforged Eden.

This shouldn't have anything to do with EAH but placing a possible fix here for those using the Reforged Eden scenario:
    Temporary workaround for dedicated servers:
    Delete the Localization.csv file located under the extras folder in the scenario.

We will figure out why it's not working on servers in the meantime.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  12. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Grabbed hastily an earlier log - was using the right ID for Reforged Galaxies with no success later.

I also used your dedicated_EAH.yaml file not the dedicated.yaml.

Am I wrong that starting a COOP game from a client starts the vanilla dedicated server?
    It was working with that - but I prefer more yours with the extra features and less lag. <3

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This is actually a problem with the scenario, not EAH.

Delete the Localization.csv file located under the extras folder in the scenario and it should then start.

14. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Sadly that is a game bug... EAH can't change that much.

What I mentioned with
    is just a small internal load in EAH, that reads the sector files to fill the PLayfield list in EAH.
    But you should report it to Eleon.

15. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Ok thanks. still trying to collect solid data on when they aren't loading, and what error occurs when they don't. Sometimes it isn't giving me an error, and it's not specific playfields either, just occurs randomly. Thanks for the info though.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Possible fix:
    In your dedicated.yaml file for your server, set the TimeoutBootingPfServer to 2000.
    Make sure to edit, save, and then close this file while the server is offline.
    If using a rented server, the location of the setting might be different.

SylenThunder likes this.
  17. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Thanks, I'll give this a whirl. One of the patch notes made me think it might have been due to HD speeds, so I re-configured my RAID array. Now the server has blazing fast hard drive access rates, but it was still an issue.

18. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Good day!

The thing I'm trying right now, to make 2 separate EAH server instances in my dedicated folder of
    d:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server

• The solution seems to be to copy the dedicated_EAH.yaml in the root to a different name, and the other EAH instance should be set to use that - am I right? :p

I would like to have two completely different settings, databases, saves - directory structure isn't so important altough neat if could be handled separately - one for our main playthru, the other for me experimenting with future solutions.

Setting to different ports and stuff isn't really important, as it's only 3 of us, and the server runs only when I'm playing and running it, so I could stop one and start the other.

In the probable case of me not being successfull, I would happily drink your wise words, advices, maybe even links to information in TXT format (not video), as seeking my own way was mainly unsuccessfull, and EAH main page didn't contained pointers on how to do this.

Thank you in advance, and have a nice day!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  19. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

yes copy paste EAH into another directory, and make a copy of your dedicated.yaml (keep it in same folder though as the other one) with the settings for your experimental server.
    In EAH then set the new tool to that dedicated.yaml, restart EAH (but delete all *.dat files in the config folder of your new EAH before you start EAH now again, otherwise you have old player/structure data etc) and it should be done. If you use backusp also change those path settings in EAH of course.
    If you use a dedicated.cmd you might want to also make a copy of that one with the dedicated.yaml you use (or just dont use it and let eah do it (uncheck the use dedicated cmd in the config).

20. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Yes, this appears to have resolved the issue. Thank you.