[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

jmc, absolutly was that..
    sorry and thank you :)

Yes, the playfield yaml was messed up with that code strings.
    But figured, the mapdesign i'd chosen back in the days wasnt really builder or starting planet friendly, so i'm starting all new, with your tool! :)

2. Luis 2

Luis 2 Ensign

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I've completed my Chinese language conversion for myself, but there are still a lot of ways I can not find where to change my language, just like the last picture tag, what do I need to do?

jmcburn likes this.
  3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Wow, great job so far! Thx for translating. :)

Well, i have to give it a look myself. I'm guessing, i simply forgot to add some items them to the corresponding translation file, as the program grew and grew.

The last four images aren't showing correctly.

I'll update the missing items in the localization file. But it maybe last until next week, as i'm not going to be home very much the next few days. :)

/jmc

Luis 2 likes this.
  4. Luis 2

Luis 2 Ensign

Thank you I will continue to focus on you and I can share your scene software in China

5. Luis 2

Luis 2 Ensign

There is the file that why I can not open the NPC yet
    Can he change the name of the planet directly?
    Can it set the star directly?
    It's like your upstairs hair

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Another year comes to an end. Empyrion continues boldly to new places of development. All of us the gamers enjoy seeing it change over time. With the introduction of the hand made planets, I think it is worth it to travel those planets by foot, explore them and enjoy the view of various locations. Thank you all for being this game community and encourage Eleon to further develop Empyrion and thank you to Eleon Game Studios for another year of delivering bug fixes updates and shaping Empyrion to what is today. I can not wait to see what 2018 will bring to us all.

I wish you all Happy New Year...

Universal Voodoo 3 26 Dec_2017-12-30_13-13-33.png Universal Voodoo 3 26 Dec_2017-12-30_13-10-47.png Universal Voodoo 3 26 Dec_2017-12-30_13-00-34.png Universal Voodoo 3 26 Dec_2017-12-30_12-59-03.png

Witt, Sephrajin, Kyodai and 2 others like this.
  7. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I can't wait to give this a shot! Very excited to see what can be done with this tool. Thanks for making it available for people to use.

Kyodai and Taelyn like this.
  8. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

@Jenniphurr, its awesome!
    Alot faster than doing it manualy!

@jmcburn, i'm having issues adding a custom derelict cv to my planet.
    To be sure, i've closed EPD, added the file 'CV Derelict Magellan.epd', started EPD and 'reloaded the prefabs'.
    Then opened the planet, entered POI's, and searched for no good. :(

The derelct epd has an admin core, as derelicts should have.

Fun fact, just yesterday evening it worked just fine like that with a custom SV i placed for the start in space.

Seph is confused now.

jmcburn and Jenniphurr like this.
  9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Maybe you already reached the limit of entities (POIs, resources, creatures) in playfield. It's something about 60, if i remember correctly.

To test it, try to move the cv that is not spawning more up the list of POIs in EPD. The POIs are added to the playfield from top to bottom in the list.

You can check the console for any infos, why it couldn't be spawned and also try the 'ents' command to get a count and list of all the entities in playfield.

Maybe this helps.

/jmc

Kyodai likes this.
  10. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Dont think so, its the 2nd entry in the list ;)

But it is not that what i'm talking about.

The 'derelict cv' doesnt show up in the list.
    So i cannot select it.

Thank you

EDIT:
    Saying, for SV, I added a new entry, upper list: 'SV_Player', lower specific list: 'Maglean Scout', which is my custom SV.epd i placed in the prefab folder of the scenario.
    Now, I tried to make the same for a derelict cv.

Bet i forgot something :|

11. Kyodai

Kyodai Lieutenant

Did you add the derelict to a spawn group?

jmcburn likes this.
  12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

@Kyodai is right about that. have you set a group name for the the CV?

POIs only show up in EPD's random POI list if the group name is set.

/jmc

13. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Oh right, sounds right'ish that I forgotten to set this one after re-saving...
    Added many to groups but didnt use them yet... one forgets what one doesnt use...

Thx @Kyodai

Kyodai likes this.
  14. TallgeeseIV

TallgeeseIV Lieutenant

I love the software, it's insane how much time this saves compared to editing the yaml directly! I'd like to report a few technical issues I noticed while using the software:

1.) 4 music tracks missing from the list. These 4 work if you enter them in the yaml directly and continue to work as long as you don't change them in the software:
    Transit
    EnergyMatrix
    Helios
    Sanctuary

2.) 2 bedrock lava textures, one is broken, This may have been for compatibility with older maps, but just in case it isn't, there's 2 textures. one is "BedRockLava" and the other is "BedrockLava". The one with a capital R is broken and causes an error in-game.

3.) Resource terrain types missing from the list. I know these may be removed from the game at some point but they do work for now if manually entered.

4.) Flowers01, Flowers02, Flowers03, and Flowers04 are in the Deco menu, but they are grass types. If added as deco objects they cause an error, but they do work if you add them as grass in the yaml directly.

Hope this helps with the development. Thank you, and keep up the great work!

jmcburn likes this.
  15. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

from what I understand, development of this tool has slowed greatly. With the upcoming changes in Empryion v8, there are likely to be a lot of incompatibilities and/or issues moving forward.

jmcburn likes this.
  16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Well, with v8 there is going to be an internal tool to create planets, right?

jmcburn likes this.
  17. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I thought the terrain mapper was already in the game? o_O

18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

To clear things up a bit...

With upcoming Alpha 8.0 EPD most likely is going to become obsolete, as it looks like there will be an in-game editor to manage all the playfield and sector creation. Which is really great btw. :)
    EPD was (or maybe still is) an intermediate tool to provide help to those who aren't familiar with yaml and to make playfield creation a bit faster.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-7-6-balancing-bug-fixes-and-alpha-8-info.36122/

For now, development of EPD has mostly stopped, as i too don't have any information about 8.0s editor features yet and thus haven't familiarized myself with 8.0s new yaml features.

Maybe there are some tools or additions i could contribute to 8.0's in-game editor, but we'll see. :)

For now, i want to thank you all for your great support. It was a fantastic time.

/jmc

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    TK85, Hicks42, Kyodai and 6 others like this.
  19. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Thank you for your work! Do Not think it, or you, are unappreciated.

xXDeathXx and jmcburn like this.
  20. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

dont stop your work, im really comfortable with your software lol keep making it.... did you happen to make that sector editor ?

chrawler and jmcburn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.