[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hm Kinda afraid people will write custom stuff down > figger out it doesnt work because its not a game standard > bug report

So please no

ravien_ff and jmcburn like this.
  2. Monroe

Monroe Commander

I would prefer that anything allowable just populate properly in the drop-down selections. Adding in several places to introduce human-error is not a good idea.

(As an aside, are custom water colors even possible????)

jmcburn likes this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

No

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's also what I was concerned with. I'd rather work towards more stable, more checks and less free inputs, as those lead to more problems than they solve. :)

That was just a test with those properties. ;)

But as I said, it would be rather difficult to add the 'custom input textbox' to only some of the dropdowns. So, IF I implemented it, it would be everywhere, where there is a dropdown now.

So, for now, I removed it again.

/jmc

5. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

It was a thought to explore. I can see how new users would make a mistake and end up bug reporting it.

For the more seasoned, there’s notepad++ for experimentation/unique case entries.

After reading the above posts, I side that adding custom text entires should be left out.

jmcburn likes this.
  6. Joex20

Joex20 Ensign

Hey, could it be that the function "Import Players Position" doesn't work with EXP 10 yet? Best regards

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Well, it might be possible, that the old ModApi, that EPD was using, was disabled completely in A10.

Haven't checked it yet, but if so, I can't guarantee that it will work ever again.

I'm not even sure the new MODApi works in SP. That one specific mod function, EPD was using until now, was added by the devs especially for EPD. And this was the ONLY ModApi function that worked in SP.

So not sure, that this can be done in the future any longer. But I'd have to check out the new ModApi first and play around with it to be sure.

/jmc

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Old ModAPI isnt disabled, it did change abit.

In SP the ModAPI ONLY works with the new API so u have to compleet rewrite it. Also ONLY works with EAC off

We dont advice yet to use it. It might still change in upcomeing EXP Releases

jmcburn likes this.
  9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thank you for the info. I peeked a little into it already today. Technically it should be possible, but it will be a massive rewrite the way it is integrated in EPD currently. Not sure if or when this will be possible again.

But I'll wait with implementing anyway until this at least went public and maybe gets a little more documented. :)

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  10. keithstone001

keithstone001 Ensign

So I'm trying to add a custom starter base to my lava planet yet I can't find it in the list of structures to spawn in no matter what folder I put it in. Am I missing a step somewhere? I created a custom BA in Creative mode that has a "Player spawn thin plate" then Saved the Blueprint. I then tried to make a custom Start location with the EPD: Mode Survival / Start Structure/ then the list under has all the default POIs but none of mine. I've tried using other custom POIs as well but nothing I make shows up in the list. Please Help :confused:

11. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

1) Your blueprint needs a groupname. You can define that in the game with a doubleclick on the blueprint name in the blueprints list.
    2) You need to place your blueprint either in the main game path into /content/prefabs folder or in your scenario folder in the /prefabs folder.
    3) then you should reload your blueprints in EPD's menu File->(Re)Import all prefabs.

Then it should show up.

Hope that helps.

/jmc

ravien_ff and keithstone001 like this.
  12. keithstone001

keithstone001 Ensign

Yes I wasn't reloading the prefabs it was the missing step thank you so much. :D:D

Bollen, jmcburn and ravien_ff like this.
  13. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Scratch all I said earlier.... EPD Doesn't properly build a spawnzone entry. What's happening is if i make a new entry into SpawnZones, it doesn't properly set necessary values for the playfield. Stuff that I found missing was biomes (really should default to any if I don't select one) and biomesExcluded (maybe find some way to put a null value here?). In addition, it didn't populate a color property either, but I don't think that matters unless I'm loading in SSG.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear. But not really sure, what's the bug here. :)

EPD doesn't set ANY values to defaults anymore. I just initialize them in code to empty/"". And those values don't get emitted to yaml by YAML standard. It was requested long ago to leave everything empty, unless set by user. So not really a bug.

The new approach to get working playfields was 'preflight', but I didn't simply write any yet for spawnzones.

Some legacy properties in general characteristics still get set to some default values though, just because I didn't remove them.

/jmc

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Fenra369 and ravien_ff like this.
  15. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Ok, fair enough. It really needs to have preflight for the following at least (that I've been able to find):
    -missing biomes on the creature type for the spawn zone
    -biomes excluded for the actual zone
    -color for the spawn zone

In addition, the creatures delay timer does not allow you to enter -1, which is a proper value for making npcs spawn initially, but not respawn (this is the only working value I seem to be able to set for creatures in spawnzone). In addition, a default value is being set for RateMultiplyerEdge to some really weird float value (0.59999999999) everytime I *open* a yaml.

jmcburn likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The color isn't needed. I'm not even sure if the biome or biomeexcluded is needed either.

17. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I'm certain one of the two is needed, as the spawnZone didn't work correctly until I added both things.

18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I see what I can do about the preflight. Preflights aren't that easy because I haven't written an API for it yet. So they have to be done manually and seprarately for each and every property and this can lead to some nasty bugs, epspecially if a property gets introduced or removed by the devs. :D But I'll try to include one in one of the next releases.

@delaytimer:
    Thx for the info, will set Min to -1 in Validator.

@rounding:
    That does not make any difference, just looks weird. I would need to round every value before emitting it to yaml, but didn't really seem to be worth the effort if the outcome is the same. :D

/jmc

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

As far as I know and my tests go, Biomes and BiomesExcluded are not needed. Those can refine the SpawnZone even more, but the SpawnAt is the only location selector that''s necessary.

EDIT: Quite possible that Biome set to 'Any' could be needed, last time I tested this was in A8. Will re-check.

/jmc

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Fenra369 and ravien_ff like this.
  20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.62.2 b1935) compatible with Alpha Experimental 10.4.0 (b2498)

CHANGED:

• Added 'BaseAttackCount' to general characteristics for planets and planet static yaml.
    • Added some missing deco and grass preview images. Thx a lot to @Monroe for the preview images.
    • Allow -1 for DelayMinMax in SpawnZones' Entity setup.
    • Auto add an entry in the Biomes section with 'Any' for newly created Entities in SpawnZones to avoid crashes until I have a proper preflight for SpawnZones.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt9cbozfuhcg0ty/EPD_v1622b1935_public.zip?dl=0

/jmc