[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. ulthrin

ulthrin Ensign

Its weird. When i use the link i get the zipfile but when i install it(even deleted the old folder) i still run version 1570. Am i missing something here ?

2. ulthrin

ulthrin Ensign

I get the same error

3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ok, seems something went wrong with creating the build. It was still the old version. Sorry.

I replaced the file in the link now. If you redownload it, it now really should be 1571. Hopefully. :D

/jmc

Javarox87 likes this.
  4. ulthrin

ulthrin Ensign

Downloading...

And it worked. Both the new version and the PreFlight.

Thanks a ton. Now i can hopefully get a new server up and running :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    jmcburn likes this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Not sure if it's user error on my part or a bug. When I load a custom trader config file in EPD that I had manually edited previously to change the prices of the default traders, EPD still displays the old default prices on the default traders and will resave the file with those default prices. It overrides the changes I had made to default traders.

I have not tested if it would override it if I used EPD to change the default traders.

Custom traders work fine and it's easy to work around it by just copying the custom traders from the config saved with EPD into the custom config I use in the game.

Thanks again for this awesome tool!

jmcburn likes this.
  6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Huh, not sure, if i understand. :)

Correct me if i'm wrong. I just tried to redo your steps:
    - I copied NPCTraderConfig.ecf to a file named CustomTraderNPCConfig.ecf.
    - I changed a sell price of Bertrams manually in Notepad++ and saved.
    - I opened the CustomTraderConfig.ecf in EPD, and opened Bertrams. The change was there.
    - changed the price again, this time in EPD. Saved. Change was written into CustomTraderNPCConfig.ecf.

Looks all fine to me, or am i wrong there?

You could send me your trader file, if you think tehre's something wrong with it.

/jmc

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yup that's exactly what I did. Must be an issue on my end then.

8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

If you have a reproducable usecase, I'll gladly check it out. It's of course possible that in some cases EPD could cuase an error. :)

/jmc

9. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Re-downloaded EPD 12 hours ago, I’m able to save now... and half my day disapeared lol. Ty lots, I’ve been able to rebuild about 6 of my old planets so far. Keep on with the great work!

jmcburn likes this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I tried a clean install of the latest version of EPD and I still have the same issue but I figured out more what my problem is. It's displaying the "sell" price and quantity as the same as the "buy" price and quantity. It works as expected while you are actively creating new traders but opening an existing trader config will cause the error.

Steps to reproduce:

Optional:
    Manually edit an existing custom trader config. Change the buy price of a trader (default or a custom trader). For example, set it so they sell cores at 1000-2000 but buy cores at 500-1000.

Open up a trader config in EPD. The sell information will be the same as the buy information:
    The trader will show as selling cores for 1000-2000 and buying cores for the same price of 1000-2000 instead of buying cores for 500-1000. If you then save the config with EPD, the buy prices of traders will be overridden with the incorrect values.

Even opening an unmodified traderconfig gives the same result, trader buy prices and counts are listed the same as their sell prices and counts.

If you can't reproduce this then I've got something weird going on on my end.

jmcburn likes this.
  11. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx, I was able to reproduce it now. Found the bug, will be changed in next version. :)
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

/jmc

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

TK85 likes this.
  13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Wow that was quick. Thank you! *goes back to caffeine fueled scenario creating*

jmcburn likes this.
  14. ulthrin

ulthrin Ensign

I have a problem with a custom POI not showing up on my list. Tracking my steps:

1. I took a CV that i converted into a BA by swapping the ID in my save folder and it does show up as a BA now in singleplayer in my blueprintlist as OWN.

2. Made a group so now its: Blueprint: BA_Tigerclaw, Blueprint Group Name: Tigerclaw, Blueprint Spawn Name: Tigerclaw, Ground Offset: 0, no ground flattening.

3. moved the .epb file to Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Prefabs (the prefab folder that EPD reads from)

When i try to add it to a playfield in EPD i can't find it anywhere. As im fairly new to this im sure somewhere i did something wrong.

Might add that i want to make the spacestation a starter POI

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

You need to reimport the prefabs to add it to the database.

Menu File-> (Re)Import Prefabs

Then it should show up in the list.

/jmc

16. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I did notice a few little things today... probably not easy to fix.

*Some grass types are in the decorations list and not in the grass list. (The new seaweed and reeds)
    -massive numbers with scientific notation are being inserted into density, also density defualt # of 1200 could be changed to a defualt of 1.2 to prevent “oops” by user.

*Inability to place an asteroid ring or field in an orbit. (Since these are in a folder in the Prefabs folder - this may be the reason why it is not showing in some of the lists)

*When converting an A7 playfield to A8, when reopening the playfield it will still prompt to convert (if hitting yes, it will erase the biomes) *if build number is changed during initial conversion this might cure the occurance of the second prompt when reopening that playfield.

Some stuff that would be cool... (Christmas in July wish list)

-Selection Criteria options - this could be an add button that brings up 3 drop down menus (Box 1: Height, Temperature, Humidity, lat, etc; box 2: symbols; box 3 sealevel or ###)

-An “add to all” button for POI properties (For adding simple properties like regen or music)

-DroneBaseSetup & PlanetVesselBaseSetup being default values for appropriate value.

Once again, this little program is awesome, without it, I would still be struggling to convert my first couple of A7 worlds to 8.

jmcburn likes this.
  17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx. Will be fixed. :)

Hmm, Shouldn't be massive, just scientific notation for very small numbers. Shouldn't be a problem, as far as i know. Yaml can interpret those correctly, and Empyrion uses the same yaml interpreter as EPD.
    Honestly, I wouldn't know, how to influence that, as this is default YamlDotNet behaviour.

Thx. Will be fixed. :)

Those should be in. They're in the fixed POIs section. Where do you miss them?

upload_2018-6-19_6-25-50.png

Will check. Should be based on BuildNumber. If no build number is set, converter should start. Then a build number should be added to the playfield and then it should not ask anymore. At least that was the plan. :)
    EDIT: Bug found. Will be fixed in next version.

Yeah, that was the initial plan and already started on it. But for 8.0 release it was just too few time and too much code (validation) for this 'simple' feature. :D But it's still on my list.
    But you would need:
    [Type] [Operator] [Number]/[SeaLevel] [Operator] [Number] :)

And honestly, I would rather type that in quickly, before switching through all the options in all the fields. But maybe I can come up with a fast way of doing this.

Interesting. Let me think about it. :)

Not sure I understand, what you mean. :)
    Could you please explain this?

/jmc

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  18. ulthrin

ulthrin Ensign

First thanks for that one :)

I seem to have a problem when i want to add custom fixed poi to my playfield. I know its working because i can add it as random poi.
    when i try add it as fixed( yes i click Use Fixed POIs on and random off) i get the "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when i enter that playfield

Attached Files:

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I'm a bit rusty myself when it comes to fixed POIs, but as far as I remember, I think you need to set top list entry to 'BA_Player' (or CV_Player, or BA_Alien, ...) depending on the prefab type of 'BA_Bunker'. And in Prefab set it to 'BA_Bunker' exactly as you did.

Have you tried that already? I think that should work.

Yeah, I think, that's right. :)
    Example from SpaceAsteroidField:

upload_2018-6-19_20-8-27.png

/jmc

20. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Awesome response! I was expecting a like lol. The asteroid field issue may be of my own doing... will be doing a fresh install of Empyrion and EPD. The asteroid fields are not showing in the prefab box list, top box is fine... in that field, nothing should be there. (I've just been removing the line in notepad++). As far as the Dronebasesetup... this was just a nit picky thing, that it would be prefilled instead of typed when adding the POI. Just as with the criteria... some things are just easier to spend the 1.3 seconds to type lol. I understand the logic on that one :). The scientific notation I will have to screenshot for you when it occurs next.. Hopefully it was just an anomaly, but it was also on a converted playfield. Thanks for taking the time to read all that and also the time put in for maintaining the tool.

jmcburn likes this.