[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

is there a way top preview the space view of a planit in the program?

2. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

I am getting an insufficient resources error when I try to run ESD. Any Ideas? Is this supposed to be located in any specific folder?

3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

No that's not possible, as i have no access to the game's map creation algorithm.

/jmc

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Strange, haven't heard of that one before. When did this occure. On startup of EPD?
    What Windows version are you running? You need at least Windows 7 to run it.

It doesn't have to be in any specific folder. The only thing is that you shouldn't move the EPD folder to a different computer after first startup, as it wouldn't be able to find the game paths anymore.

Could you please take a look in the 'epd.log' in the 'logs' folder. Maybe there is something in there.

5. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Windows 10 with 32Gb Ram
    For this attempt.
    I created a folder on my desktop called "EPD"
    Copied the "EPD_v1343_public.zip"into it.
    Attempting to do a quick "Extract All" by right clicking the zip, only decompresses 2 files. I have to open it with 7ZIp and do "Extract Here"
    Click the EPD.Exe
    See message:
    upload_2017-8-26_9-55-40.png
    MacAfee Quarantines due to error
    There is not a logs folder. There is a data folder, It has an Images and locale folder and a EPD.Dat file

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Hmm, maybe McAfee removes some necessary files due to false positive flagging again.

These are the files you should be getting out of the zip:

upload_2017-8-26_16-25-34.png

Do you get all those files in your main EPD folder? Otherwise try to exclude the path where you want to extract the files into from McAfee.

/jmc

7. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Yes I have all of the files.

8. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Found the problem. McAfee is preventing it from running.

jmcburn likes this.
  9. GuardStar

GuardStar Ensign

Not sure if this is known but i figured I would post it.

Using EPD_v1343 public. Under "General Characteristics" tab. I just tried to change the light intensity for day and night times and it will not allow me to use fractions.

Here are the 2 lines in the ExamplePlanet.yaml
    DayLightIntensity: 1.4 # Float [0, 2] - Larger values = brighter, default is 0.6
    NightLightIntensity: 0.35 # Float [0, 2]) - Larger values = brighter, default is 0.6

The editor will load the fractions but when editing that field will not accept a period .

GuardStar

jmcburn likes this.
  10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.34.4) with full Alpha Experimental 6.7 Support
    HOTFIX

CHANGES:

• Added 'Pulse Rifle T2' and 'Pulse Rifle Epic'
    FIXES:
    • Validation on entering decimal places was happening too fast (after 300ms), so periods (or commas in some countries) often weren't recognized or immediately deleted on entering.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0bW1GNHMwSmhPTmM/view?usp=sharing

I'm not quite sure that this doesn't break the code on some other input controls, so please test and let me know, if anything looks strange to you. :)

/jmc

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  11. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

12. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

jmcburn likes this.
  13. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear, but sadly there is nothing i can do about it. It has been mentioned occasionally by other users.

Modern heuristic algorithms in antivirus software are "overprotective" and flag everything that sort of looks suspicious as virus/trojan.
    If you decide to trust it, you would have to manually exclude the path, you extract EPD into, from your antivirus software.

If it makes you feel any better, it happens to me as well. As soon as i build a new version and copy it anywhere other than the excluded paths, the freshly created exe instantly is gone again. :D

/jmc

14. Rexalot

Rexalot Ensign

jmcburn,

Wonderful program first of all. I've stopped editing .yaml's for the most part and use this whenever possible.

The only major issue I currently have is the POI selector. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are gonna get. :)

E.g. If I select AbandonedMine, I actually get an "Abandoned Mine". If I select AlienPoi it does not spawn. (At least on a planet it won't) If I select AlienBase it spawns BAO_PF1.epd which has an obsolete constructor in it.

Are you able to remove the obsolete structures from your POI selector list and/or change the names of them on your list to more accurately represent what they are in game?

Implementing the box that says "no image available" and adding the images next to the selected POI would sure go a long way towards sorting these out.

jmcburn likes this.
  15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for your kind words and the feedback. :)

Is this happening in the random POIs or fixed POIs section, as those two are treated differently in the game. The random ones require the groupname to be used, fixed ones the POIs in-game name.

For the fixed ones, there are some problems with POIs and their internal naming, as i haven't found a stable working way to extract those from the blueprint yet. In the earlier version, you could just use the filename and it worked. But i will check it out and see, if i can redo/fix the naming scraper to include in-game names.

Obsolete POIs:
    If you want to clean up and/or reimport the blueprints, just click the top left button 'Import Prefabs'. Then all Prefabs get reimported.

/jmc

16. Rexalot

Rexalot Ensign

jmcburn,

Yes. It is mainly the random POI's list I am having trouble with.

Apparently they added the ability to use both fixed and random POI's in 6.6. I can't seen to figure out how to use both from within your program however. If I toggle use fixed, that is all I get. If I select survival mode on a fixed POI, it never spawns.

jmcburn likes this.
  17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Just tested. You're correct. If you set 'UseFixed', only the fixed POIs spawn and no random ones. The thing is, i'm not sure, this is an EPD issue, as the yaml looks fine on first check.

Maybe it's a game bug. I'll check. Thx for the Info.

/jmc

Edit: Just found it: 'UseRandom' is missing. That one got away from me. Sorry. :D
    Will be included in Hotfix.

18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

19. Rexalot

Rexalot Ensign

Very speedy response jmcburn. Thank you.

So I started with a barren moon and added a trade station in the fixed list. After some minor adjustments I managed to place it where I wanted it. I then added some random resource iron deposits then checked both random and fixed on the general tab. Everything loaded. I then added a DroneBaseOmicron to the random poi list. Again everything loaded.

I however do not want these 2 structures spawning near each other. I select DroneBaseOmicron from the random POI list and click edit. I navigate to the "don't spawn these POI's near this one" field and click add and this message appears:

No objects set before this one yet.

You have to set at least one item BEFORE this one in the list " in order to be able to select it/them here as a spawn option.

I don't know how to do what the message is telling me to do. Is this an ignorance thing on my part or a function error?

20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I'm almost certain that this is not possible. At least i don't know how to do this, as the SpwanOptions only apply to random POIs among each other. That's why it's telling you, that there is no object set before this one, because you have only one random POI (and one fixed one).

So in your case, you would have to change the Random POI to fixed as well to place it far enough from your fixed one. But in your case it's a custom drone base POI, which is on the other hand not placeable as a fixed Dronebase. So - tough one. :D

But i'm still not 100% sure that this is impossible to do. But my tests showed, that even when directly set in the yaml, the POI to avoid gets ignored by the game.

Maybe someone else here knows how to circumvent this.

Excerpt from 'example.yaml':
    SpawnPOINear: [DroneBaseAkua] # Tries to spawn this POI close to the POIs given in the list. Note: POIs must be already spawned, ie be above (remember drone base is spawned first)

SpawnPOIAvoid: [TS_Akua] # Avoids to spawn this POI close to the POIs given in the list. Note: POIs must be already spawned, ie be above (remember drone base is spawned first)

/jmc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.