[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

You just have to wait till JMC releases the update and reimport the BPs into the tool..

Patience :)

2. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Copy that, Taelyn. :)

3. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Coffee Break initiated. xD

I'll take a break until it gets sorted, thank you guys. ;)

Taelyn likes this.
  4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Hmm, I don't know exactly what you mean by 'getting BP's updated'. In the game? EPD and what you do in there does not have any influence on the BP's itself in game.

EPD just reads the appropriate names (groupname, spawnname, filename) out of the epb files, lists them in EPD, and you can pick them and the picked name (groupname, spawnname, or filename) gets written to the yaml, if you click save. It's all just about names (text strings) in playfield.yamls.

If your groupname is always UNSC, and hasn't changed, you don't have to change anything in EPD and in your playfields.

If you changed existing BP's and they don't get updated in the game, that's an issue with the game itself. If you want to update blueprints in an existing save, I don't know, if that's (still) possible. But I'm no expert there.

/jmc

5. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

I'll explain more fully my issue.

1. In EMP EXP 1.2: I save my BP, I overwrite it, and hit update in Empyrion.
    2. After, I take my BP folder and paste the most recent BP's in the scenario and game prefab folders.
    3. I go to EPD (2.0.5): I go to the desired playfield and import files, then save.
    4. Then I start-up my scenario and it launches successfully. (No errors)
    5. All updated BP's are now gone or missing. - Still, (No errors)
    6. I verified that all BP's are setup properly as they should be through the .yaml files, but as the game does not read them, they "Empty-Spawn".

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

You mean they dont apear in your Scenario once you start a fresh game?

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ok, if you only updated (added more blocks, changed blocks, ...) the blueprint in the game, but did not change the groupname or spawnname, then you don't need to do anything at all in EPD. You playfields don't need to be updated or changed at all, and EPD does not have any effect on the blueprint itself. Importing them in EPD makes no difference at all for your scenario.

Just edit the blueprints in game as you do, copy them over in your scenario and overwrite the old ones with the new versions. That's all. Start a new game in your scenario, and the updated blueprints should show up. Just not in existing save games, as far as I know. At least not for already visited POIs.

Only if you have changed the groupname or spawnname of a blueprint, you would need to update the playfields in EPD. I can't explain though, why they would be gone in the game after loading and saving a playfield. That's the only part that's concerns me a little.

/jmc

8. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Spawn names were changed by EPD in the past, they aren't the original names as they've been reworked over the past few years.

Could this be why?

9. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

What exactly is the process to update these files for compatibility again? is there a way? I'm not exactly sure what it means to update to the new version v26.

10. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Yeah,
    after a fresh start, they never re-appear.

11. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Sadly, everything I've updated has "empty-spawned". Even though I only changed blocks.

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's all hard to tell, but that does not really sound like an issue with EPD or the new blueprint format. If you just imported the prefabs in EPD, opened and saved a playfield (without doing anything else in EPD), nothing should change in the playfield.yaml and so nothing should change in the scenario or game.

Do you use Random POI's in EPD or Fixed POI's?
    For Random POIs only the groupname is relevant. If that changed in your blueprint then you need to update your playfield in EPD to the new groupname, if not then you don't need to change anything at all in EPD.

Could you upload a playfield here that you recently saved and does not work anymore, and also one or more blueprints used in that playfield that should show up in the game, but aren't anymore now.
    Then I can try and maybe see what's going wrong. But right now, I don't really have a clue, why they won't show anymore in the game.

/jmc

13. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

100% Fixed POI's

14. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Here's a planet example

Attached Files:

15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Then the prefabs FILENAME is relevant. If you changed the filename, it won't work anymore. If you did not change the filename, then you don't need to do anything in EPD.

But yes, maybe it's best to upload a playfield and some blueprints, and I can check it in a few hours.

/jmc

16. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Alright, you may only need one BP to figure this out, I noticed the new version of my Halo Hover Warthog in playfield Reach wasn't spawning, take your time, I value it.

17. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Give me a Scenario where i can test it. Ill check it out whats wrong

18. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Stuff still spawns sometimes but only the originals if they do.

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I just quickly checked is, need to go in more detail. Playfield looks basically fine to me.

But I don't think it's wise or maybe already the cause for your issues, to use quotes in the name.

upload_2020-10-14_16-22-43.png

Also maybe spaces in the prefab name without quotes could be the issue. But not 100% sure about that. I think that should work.

I'll try to load it up in the game in a few hours.

/jmc

20. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

I'll send it Via Discord through iDrive.

Taelyn likes this.