[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I installed a fresh Windows 10 latest version on the laptop I tried EPD a week ago. The only AV is active is windows defender. No file seems to be 0 sized in the folder of EPD.Also for the dot net you mentioned :

upload_2022-1-30_16-57-5.png

Hardage likes this.
  2. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Can you try to exclude EPDs folder from Defender and try again. Maybe it's still blocking access to the SharpDX dll for some reason?
    My Defender also does no like my development EPD folder and blocked all sorts of things now and then. ;)

I still could try your installation of EPD. You could zip up your EPD folder and upload it to a filesharing platform, send me the link, and I'll test your installation on my PC.

But then I'm pretty much out of ideas for now, I'm afraid. Maybe it's still the GPU for whatever reason, although it should be capable of Direct3D 11.

/jmc

Hardage and Germanicus like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I managed to test it on my main PC where I have a decent GTX 1070 and it works properly. I suppose it was my old laptop GPU that did not want to co operate.

72baa273-8ed3-4df6-8f60-3619ec04c834.png

Hardage likes this.
  4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update, great to hear. :)

/jmc

Hardage and Germanicus like this.
  5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

At least for what it is worth any other player that might try to run the tool on old hardware like mine now should know for sure, the limitations.;)

Hardage and jmcburn like this.
  6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I was thinking today, maybe you or some one else, could make a standalone blueprint reader and viewer utility for any folder. There is a limitation on how many blueprints you can be subscribed to and viewed in game and some people, me among them, copy them in folders to have and also safe keep, backup, make various versions etc. archiving could be a nightmare and one might forget which is which.

Hardage and jmcburn like this.
  7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thanks for the feedback.
    Seems quite doable, maybe as an additional tool in EPD like the config editor. I'll put it on my feature request list for now and think about it.

/jmc

Hardage, Myrmidon and Germanicus like this.
  8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

HOTFIX: EPD v2.15.2 Build 5152 is out

- fixed: Missed a POI comment line '--------' in fixed POIs, which causes Empyrion to crash on the select scenario screen. Removed for now.

Download

/jmc

Hardage, Taelyn, Kassonnade and 2 others like this.
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

This tool did it . The developer shares the source code, so anyone curious can get ideas improve stuff etc. Since it is easy to get it work for sketchfab I bet must be trivial to make it work with EPD an/or a standalone tool as a bluerpint browser.

jmcburn likes this.
  10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thanks for the information, seems to be quite interesting.

The blueprint format in EPD is basically complete already asides from updates in newer blueprint versions and maybe decals and the custom palettes, but I think it's enough to display the model. It seems harder to integrate foreign code than to use what I already have.

The only thing I have to do is to integrate the UI for a file selector. That's not complicated at all but still needs some time, of which I only have . But I'll see that I can get to it soon.

/jmc

Myrmidon likes this.
  11. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Thank you for the update. I will be waiting for the outcome. Of course I would gladly test it and provide feedback. :thumpUp:

12. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

hi jmc
    is an update planned for the 1.8?
    have noticed that your homepage is offline.
    will the site always remain off?

jmcburn likes this.
  13. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You can still use the current one for v1.8
    Nothing changed in the playfield files

Hardage, jmcburn and Germanicus like this.
  14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

As Taelyn said, nothing important changed yet, at least I didn't see anything groundbreaking.

A few little bugfixes and missing properties have been added though, also the new resources. Will put a new update online. Have changed it in code already, but forgot to put the new version online. Pretty busy atm. :)

The homepage is indeed offline, but should not.

Hmm. Apparently the web server did not boot properly. Had some networking issues and fixed a few things. Apparently I also broke a few other things by doing that. :D

Server should be online soon, I guess. Can't be much.

The new version will then be uploaded, but I'll inform here of course, as well.

EDIT: Homepage should be online again.

/jmc

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

16. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

big thx good work :thumpUp:

Myrmidon and jmcburn like this.
  17. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

You've done a lot of work, added new decos, added the possibility of new custom presets to the playing fields. And you're talking about not adding anything?

I searched for information about the new decos, description and name of them, but I couldn't find them anywhere. The last thread on the forum, from the developers, about playing fields was over two years ago.
    A good guideline for editing game fields was this EPD software (Thanks a lot to the author jmcburn for the work done!), but I didn't find any new decos that you added in 1.8. didn't find any presets in it.
    Maybe I searched badly and you can give me a couple of links where you can read about it, what parameters support presets (deciphering of supported parameters) and a complete list (name) of all the new deco that the game supports? Perhaps it is written somewhere in the game files? I want a lot and variety of planets, with its own individual color and atmosphere.

Thanks beforehand and excuse my translator.

zaphodikus and jmcburn like this.
  18. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Because the new decoration system should not be used yet by custom content creators. Its still worked on, there is no documentation.

EPD will not expose it till we give a OK for it

Fractalite, jmcburn and Germanicus like this.
  19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

EPD v2.30.0 Build 5577 is out
    besides a load of bugfixes here are the most important changes:

- importing names from POIGroupsConfig into GroupNameBorwser. No editing of POIGroupsConfig yet
    - better interpreting of existing space_dynamic yaml to show the correct UI controls and also better cleaning of unused items on save
    - changed back old playfield.yamls to use Legacy DroneBaseSetup (not new space config)
    - enabled POI Properties for all Space Vessel Missions.
    - changed FixedPlayerStart StructureName GroupNameBrowser from GroupName/Fixed to SpawnNames (all Blueprints). GroupNames don’t work as FixedPlayerStart Structure Name anyway
    - first version of CustomTypesImport from EClassConfig (all Scenarios) Only setup in space_dynamic for now
    - added Filter to Dropdowns
    - added new ConfigFileStatusTable to UserDatabase. Stores last Changed Time of all ecf files in all scenarios. Now only ECF files will be imported on EPD’s start, if the ecf file has changed since last start of EPD. Forced update possible via menu->tools
    - added ReImport EClassConfig and ReImport EGroupsConfig to menu

Download

Changelog

/jmc

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  20. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

Thank you for your hard work a lot of people like your tools!

Monroe and jmcburn like this.