[TOOL] eWSSC | Empyrion Web Solar System Creator

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Dec 1, 2019.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

You mean coding in general? Javascript? In general 3D in the Web with Three.js?
    YES! I did Blender 3D modelling before so some things were familiar as well (camera handling, coordinates, etc.)

Together with Hayawen I was so hyped that it's still bit surreal for me what we achieved. So even though it was "only" 3 weeks, it was still heavy 24/7 development.
    Fortunately we could also make some use of eWPDA functions (Colorpicker, yaml im/export, etc.)

Considering how much time it took me to create an Universe with EPG I'm very happy now and lost in doing a total new universe for my server... :D

Germanicus, ravien_ff and Monroe like this.
  2. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

am i a solar system creator? yes and no.
    i like creating the system layouts, i prefer ones, which do not follow geometrical shapes.

[​IMG]

am i a editing planets? rarely.
    i like to use the default ones but i like putting admin created buildings on it, for a quest, for puzzles for story etc.

So the next step for me is, how do i put the 1st and the 2nd step together. so that the the upcoming new galaxy becomes reality. the sectors yaml alone does not make a playable system.

ravien_ff and Monroe like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Now imagine Empyrion could view web pages with an internal browser....

I bet someone might remake the universal voodoo scenario multisolar.....One day perhaps.

Monroe likes this.
  4. basingleton

basingleton Commander

5. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

that is some sort of cloud error, maybe he is working/updating it right now.

6. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Sorry, website got under pressure with other php requests. Tried to improve process handling now.

Germanicus and Taelyn like this.
  7. basingleton

basingleton Commander

Now it says "please wait..." on a black screen, then the words disappear and nothing happens.

8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

No clue here. Can't debug it cause everything works for me.
    1. Press F12 and then ESC. Check the Console for any Errors. Should look like this at bottom right
    upload_2019-12-5_23-24-17.png

2. Close your Browser and start again. Or just use Chrome.

9. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

06.12.2019 | v1.2.2

You have to press F5 (reload the page) every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

Germanicus, ravien_ff and Taelyn like this.
  10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I feel like a feature is missing. How about the ability to select multiple planets/playfields, on the solar systems list on the left, and drag and drop them to new solar systems? One by one takes time when the scenario has plenty of them.

In this way, we will be able to import old scenarios and convert them to multi solar ones or even merge or slit solar systems for future scenarios that we might find sparse or dense populated.

ravien_ff likes this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For that you can use empyrion playfield designer. :D
    Check in the scenarios forum.

12. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hmm yeah, we checked and it's not trivial to do. I noted it down for the future maybe.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Germanicus, ravien_ff and Myrmidon like this.
  13. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

07.12.2019 | v1.2.3
    • Updated Three.JS to r111.

You have to press F5 (reload the page) every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

Germanicus, ravien_ff and Taelyn like this.
  14. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

11.12.2019 | v1.2.4

• Warp lines show now float numbers - adapted from ingame. To make more precise warp calculations.

Taelyn and ravien_ff like this.
  15. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

While updating the Invader vs Defender II Scenario I noticed that eWSSC would break the logic if you just export the Sectors.yaml. Because the Origin was not exported if the Type was set to Planet (Merdar Galaxy).
    I fixed it and hope it has no regression with other types. My few tests looked good though.

12.12.2019 | v1.3.0

• Added missing Origin property for Orbits if Type was set to planet! You can now properly set starts in Orbits within the planet view.

Taelyn and ravien_ff like this.
  16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I have tested with one of my old scenarios, Pandora. This one was made with A8 version on original SSG, randomly using only vanilla planets. The problem is that exporting the scenario after having set the planets to diferent solar systems (9 of them) the POIs on all planets are set to public and they Zyrax BAs show on planet's map with white color. Any ideas what that is?

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You need to give them a faction in the playfield.yaml. look at any modern playfield for an example.

RexXxuS likes this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I will look at it thank you.

Upd. : the Faction designation is missing Around 100 playfields to fix....better remake it with SSG and then with eWSSC :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  19. remeey

remeey Commander

WEEEEEE 3d nice tool but is there a way to make it be 2 d and swap between 2 d and 3 d Its hard to manage all the angles some times id just like to start with a flat map first then do the movement of planets after Im not in any way **** talking this tool its amazing... great work ! maybe you can see whts wrong in this pic

Attached Files:

RexXxuS likes this.
  20. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Press Numpad 5 to get a 2D "view". Then, only use W A S D C SPACE to keep the camera in 2D position.
    Maybe in the future I can integrate a more complex Orthogonal Camera. Not so easy.

Ephoie, ravien_ff and remeey like this.