[TOOL] eWSSC | Empyrion Web Solar System Creator

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Dec 1, 2019.

1. remeey

remeey Commander

Thanks

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

You mean "Isometric view" I thought it was easy because the camera does not move at all at one of the 3 axis, i.e. Z.

3. remeey

remeey Commander

Sorry One more question will the epd work with this tool ? I'm just getting back in to empyrion and i'm looking for all the old tools i used in the past all of them combined makes empyrion map/building easier

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes EPD creates the playfields. This tool only arranges the sector map so you can use them together.

Ephoie, RexXxuS and remeey like this.
  5. remeey

remeey Commander

Ok here we go THanks for the help rexx a good start me thinks :D

Attached Files:

Myrmidon and RexXxuS like this.
  6. remeey

remeey Commander

Thanks mate :D

7. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Happy New Year!
    Since my HWS universe has many Solar Systems the performance of those nice looking sun lensflare is quite laggy. I need tools that work always smooth, so I implemented "Performance Suns". Sprites, consuming no performance. See the screenshot:

upload_2020-1-2_8-57-12.png

02.01.2020 | v1.4.0

• Added Performance Sun setting. Activate this if you have a lot of Solar Systems and want high performance. It will replace the costly lensflare suns with sprites.

You have to press F5 (reload the page) every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

8. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Maybe I am off topic, but did you get Empyrion to run on a linux machine? :)
    Or am I reading into it too much?

Happy New Year to you too!
    Nice touch by bringing in some performance enhancements.

RexXxuS likes this.
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Yes it does on steam with proton.

Happy new year to every one. :)

Ephoie likes this.
  10. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Nice. Thank you for the info, @Myrmidon
    Looks like I will be firing up a fresh Ubuntu machine.

Hope your new year is starting off well!

11. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

You will be amazed with the performance. It is very close to windows, so after playing some time you will forget the fact that you run the game on a Linux OS. See Protondb in this link for details and various coments by many other players with various distros. ;)

This idea is very good and of course welcome. I am in a modern R7 3700x machine and I do not consider needing it, at least not yet. Maybe, if it is not much work for you, a FPS counter would help. I loaded for example the Project Eden and moved around a little but did not realise anything

Is the sun the only component that impacts performance significantly? Also after how many suns do you realise performance drop on your machine and if possible what is the configuration?

Ephoie likes this.
  12. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

Hello there, Happy New Year =) and many great updates for EGS =)

I post here, because I don't know how really create from scratch a system solar.

So, I am looking for eWSSC for dummies :D

I had watched the RexXxuS video's, and it show how work eWSSC.

First, I tried to generate system from SolarSystemGenerator. I don't understand how work all features but I can generate seed and creates playfields, even use that in the eWSSC but was not a good idea...

So I decided to start from scratch, directly from eWSSC.

Here I join the file my exported sectors file.

Starting from scratch, i have some issues with the templates, wich are "blank".
    Maybe I must configure something? or just set, for exemple "Planet" for template planet ? (like I already did)

What I want to do ?
    - Just create all the playfields folders and files from my personalised system if it is possible.
    - Then configure each planet and playfields (that one temperate PVE, that other desert PVP...)
    - Try it on a private server =)

Thanks for reading and for help !

Attached Files:

13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@D33Ps First watch those two videos for the SSG

then watch the tutorials for eWSSC by @RexXxuS and you wil get the idea how things work on both.

ion_storm and ravien_ff like this.
  14. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

https://media.giphy.com/media/102PXP9fvqIhxu/giphy.gif

When I know my english skills are useless :eek:

But I don't give up ^^

I have watched the 2 tutorials, thanks.

It seem the way is to generate sector with SolarSystemGenerator and then, use it in eWSSC with the import.

Do you confirm that my sector file generated with eWSSC cannot be used, and i must erase it and start with SolarSystemGenerator ?

15. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

We added it now.

upload_2020-1-13_0-29-50.png upload_2020-1-13_0-30-21.png upload_2020-1-13_0-30-38.png

13.01.2020 | v1.5.0

• Added FPS / RAM / MS statistic widget at top right corner. Click on it to toggle the category.

You have to press F5 (reload the page) every time a patch comes out to apply the changes.

Can't say 100% sure. My universe is quite big and clustered.
    Suns and Warp lines I would guess. With the new Performance Suns it's all good though.

Ephoie and Myrmidon like this.
  16. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

I don't get everything happened for you but if you tried to generate a fresh Scenario out of SSG and then import the sectors.yaml into eWSSC, you might see the Suns are broken.
    This is because the SSG places suns and planets at fixed coordinates. Not very logical.
    We will fix this next

Ephoie and ravien_ff like this.
  17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Ephoie likes this.
  18. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

I've first start, using eWSSC to create manually a map with 3 solar system (I try to export it, that is the file uploaded) but it seem it's not the right path to make a scenario. I cannot create scenario with only using eWSSC ( so without using SSG ) ?

No playfield files was created, I tried to make a fresh scenario from SSG. It work, I exported it on eWSSC, modified it and re-export to the scenario folder.

But when I launch the scenario, I can set the parameters but it freeze after message box appear (error, send mail).

The problem with the sun, for me: when i launch eWSSC with the imported .yaml from SSG, sun appear, but in the wrong place (system in not centered) but can be moved ( still not centered ^^ )

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Ewssc does not create a scenario. It only modifies the sector file for an existing scenario. You still have to make sure you have all the playfields and that they are properly named, along with everything else a scenario needs. Ewssc is then used to rearrange your playfields.

Ephoie and RexXxuS like this.
  20. D33Ps

D33Ps Ensign

@ ravien_ff: Indeed, got it, thanks.

After generating map with SSG and make some change with eWSSC, I want to try my work, but it do not launch,it start to load and at 100% of planet, it display the error message (send mail) .

Try to fix it with changing name of some playfield maybe associated with templates but got the same problem. Any idea ?