[Tool] New Server Update Tool! EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Phoenix125, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility - Keep Your Dedicated Server updated (and schedule server restarts, download and install new server files, and more!)
    EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility_v1.0.5 (2020-12-12)
    - By Phoenix125 | http://www.Phoenix125.com | http://discord.gg/EU7pzPs | [email protected]

FEATURES
    - Works with Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH). Optionally closes EAH for updates then restarts it.
    - Open source and free.
    - Easy to use and set up. Tray Icon menus only for simplicity yet full functionality. GUI will be in future release.
    - Discord: Send server status, reboots, chats, players join or leave, selectively to 4 webhooks.
    - Backups. Partial and full server.
    - Keeps server updated and running.
    - Easily downloads, installs, and set up a new Dedicated Server.
    - Send telnet & chat messages with a click.
    - Announce server updates and/or restarts in game, on Discord and Twitch.
    - Works with all version: Public, Experimental, and custom.
    - KeepAlive Watchdog: Restarts "stuck" servers and EAH. 3 methods of detection: Running process PID, query port, and telnet.
    - Scheduled restarts.
    - Remote Restart: Reboot the server using any web browser.
    - Run multiple instances to manage multiple servers.
    - Detailed logs.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    Latest Version: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/empyrion/EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility.zip
    GitHub: https://github.com/phoenix125/EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility
    Readme.txt: http://www.phoenix125.com/share/empyrion/readme.txt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility v1.0.1 Line 20383 Backup Bug Fix
    - Fixed: Backups caused line 20383 error
    * To update, use download link above (link will always be latest version) or select "Check for Util Update" in tray icon menu.

3. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility v1.0.2 Bug Fixes
    - Fixed: Program would eventually crash during server restarts due to plink starting loop.
    - Fixed: Line 22587 error
    * To update, use download link above (link will always be latest version) or select "Check for Util Update" in tray icon menu.

4. Dreadarm

Dreadarm Lieutenant

Your website phoenix125.com is coming up as a known trojan distributor. FYI, people use at your own risk of course.

5. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

Thanks for letting me know, @Dreadarm . I was unaware my website (which is WAY overdue for an overhaul!) has been flagged.
    My Atlas util gets flagged with every update by Microsoft Defender.. and I've had >200 updates :) I submit them to Microsoft most-of-the-time and they always get approved, but it can take up to 30 days for peoples' virus definitions to update. I have a write-up on my Discord.
    Nonetheless, I understand using caution. All my programs are open source and available on Github. Everyone is welcome to analyze the code and compile for themselves. I also run robust antivirus on my computer to ensure I am not passing along an unknown virus.

So.. now the new news.
    EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility v1.0.3 update! Bug Fix.
    - Fixed: Line 20564 due to error acquiring server name when Query Watchdog is disabled. (Thanks to @SylenThunder for reporting)
    - Changed: Query Port Watchdog is disabled by default now.

6. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

Interesting! I checked with VirusTotal.com: My website scored 2/76... meaning 74/76 say it's safe.
    upload_2020-9-9_21-46-26.png

ESUU scored 2/64... meaning 62/64 say it's safe.
    upload_2020-9-9_21-50-54.png

7. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility v1.0.4 Bug Fixes
    - Fixed: If steamcmd command line was manually changed, util kept resetting it. (Thanks to AOD_Bazslash for reporting)
    - Fixed: In Config window, the Config File "Select File" button was restricting to .xml files. Changed to .yaml.
    - Fixed: If player name ended with a space, the util would keep posting "new player" to Discord.

8. Phoenix125

Phoenix125 Ensign

EmpyrionServerUpdateUtility v1.0.5 Bug Fix: Now closes EAH
    - Fixed: EAH failed to close. Util now closes EAH during updates and restarts, if desired.