[TOOL] Terrain Generator

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We decided to release our terrain generator so that you can play around with it and create more diverse terrains.

Here is some basic information about the terrain generator and the download link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MCvuCMtFvnCV8UHAglEi-IhLJgcD60TzNBjVbAZCptw/edit?usp=sharing

Please read the documentation carefully before using the terrain generator.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer:
    • The terrain generator is not very stable yet and crashes quite often (we recently ported it from Linux to Windows and did not yet find time to stabilize it). We recommend saving your progress regularly.
    • The GUI of the terrain generator is not yet very user friendly. When you are interested in helping us to improve the interface, we can share the source code with you
    • The documentation is not yet very complete and detailed. It would be great if you could help us to improve the documentation and to describe the functionality of the Terrain Generator in more detail before we release it to the public.

Feel free to post screenshots of your created terrains in this thread. We are looking forward to seeing what you are able to do with the terrain generator.

Cheers,
    Empyrion Dev Team

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Mikemc

Mikemc Commander

*HELP!* The window is taller than my screen size and only the first slider can be seen maximized. D:
    Need a slider to scroll the window, or resize the preview frame.
    Resolution 1360 x 768

Image1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Looks like the old Terragen. :)

binhthuy71 likes this.
  4. Nightring

Nightring Ensign

5. Mr. Bits

Mr. Bits Commander

In process of taking a first deep dive into customization of EG. I'm trying to figure out the correct, maximum-possible workflow where the combined results can be used in MP and specifically, Dedicated MP.

So far the only thing that seems crystal-clear usable in MP would be playfield modifications.

To what extent, if any at all, can customized (dynamic generated terrain) be used in MP right now?

I've read XML can't be, nor can basically any custom HM based planets.

What options exist (what does the workflow look like) for doing custom dynamically generated planets in MP ?

Is that possible right now for EG 7.x?

6. Ichaft

Ichaft Lieutenant

Is there a way, somehow, to import a pre-7.0 map into this, like a specific seed? For example, I got this desert terrain planet with a seed I enjoy, can I make it into a custom planet?

7. Burborough

Burborough Ensign

How do I load Desert.xml?

I double click it and it just opens a page of text instead of opening the file for me to edit as described in the documentation workflow.

8. Athayus Quan

Athayus Quan Ensign

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020