Trouble with Starting POI

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Thoder, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Thoder

Thoder Commander

Hey guys been playing with creating a custom POI to use as a starting location. For purposes of experimentation, I am reusing the Defender Start from the Invaders and Defenders scenario.

Everything seems to work ok so far except the flak turrets on the POI fire at me. The sentry guns follow me as well but, do not fire. I have looked at the yaml files for both sector and playfield and can see no difference in the random poi listing. It also matches the yaml files in the Invaders and Defender scenario itself. I have copied the POI blueprint directly from the scenario a couple of times to make sure nothing is corrupt.

Have no idea why it doesn't work like it does on in the Scenario. Just makes no sense.

Any idea why this is happening?

2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Is your scenario PVP or PVE?

3. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

Also check to see if the turrets are set to shoot at factions. Wouldnt be a bad idea to copy the bp and rename it maybe after deleting the turrets and then just use ur custom one.

4. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

You can go into gm invisible and modify any poi in game on ur live server

5. Thoder

Thoder Commander

Ah just checked it. While the starting planets will be mostly PvE I was playing with it on a PvP based world. That might be the issue right there. I will check it out.

6. Thoder

Thoder Commander

Well some of the starting planets I wanted to have on tougher worlds so having a base that clears the area around it might be nice. For testing, I just used the Default Defender Start base from the Invaders and Defenders scenario so turrets were set to normal defaults. I did turn off "Other Factions" but, the guns still shot at me.

7. Captain Jack II

I noticed if the building has an Admin Core, in PvE it will not shoot you. In PVP it will. That's why I bitched when they posted about making all scenarios PVP.

8. Thoder

Thoder Commander

Interesting that is it. If you have an admin building with guns it will shoot you unless on a PvE playfield. Be nice to have that fixed but, not a priority. Unless they force scenarios to all PvP then it becomes more important.

Thanks for the help guys

Captain Jack II likes this.
  9. Captain Jack II

Try it, make sure I'm not crazy and report back.

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If its a PINK Admin core it should shoot at you, if its a BLUE admin core it should not shoot at you, ever.

There was a bug, not sure if fixed yet, where when placing an Admin or Alien POI in creative would change the faction of the core, so if you have had it in creative you will need to go replace the core to what it was as it will be a player faction.

A player faction core in creative will show as Green.
    An Alien faction will show as Red.
    An Admin Blue core will show as light Blue.
    And a PINK Admin core will show up as Purple.

If you want to make a POI so it cant be destroyed by weapons you put an Admin PINK core in it and have the core hanging from one Explosive block and the explosive block connected to a lever so when it blows it drops the core and base is dead.
    This is a way to force players to invade a base in a more scripted manner. Not C4 straight to the core anymore.!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  11. Thoder

Thoder Commander

Now thats a hell of an idea. Hmmm