Trying to make some basic config mods and need help.

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Ronin94, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

I have been poking around in the config file trying to get a few things to behave how I want them to but there are still some things I can't figure out.

I noticed that the SV Railgun, Rocket Launcher (holming and not), Plasma Cannon the CV Rocket Launcher (fixed and turret), Plasma, Flack, Artillery, Pulse Laser Turret and the BA Rocket, Flack Plasma, Pulse Laser and Artillery turrets all do not have any damage value listed in game and when I checked the config file there is no value listed. What are the base values and is there a way to change them?

I also wanted to change the T1 multitool to use biofuel but changing the ammo changes it for both T1 and T2 is there some way to avoid this?

As a side question is there a way to spawn enemies in creative as I want to run tests on the changes I make.

Current Changelog

T1 Multitool now uses Biofuel

HV/SV O2 Tanks now hold 500 units of oxygen
    Small O2 Tanks now hold 75 units of oxygen
    Emergency O2 Tanks now hold 25 units of oxygen

The Solar Panels now have 2x their normal output for both small and large pannels
    The Solar Capacitor now has 2x the power storage size.

All Assult rifle reload times are now 2.5 seconds
    The T1 assault rifle now has a 30 round magazine

All Pulse Rifles reload times are now 2.5 seconds
    All Pulse Rifles now match assault rifle damage for there tier
    T1 Pulse Rifle now holds 40 rounds
    T2 Pulse Rifle now holds 50 rounds

T1 Laser Rifle now holds 50 rounds
    T2 Laser Rifle now holds 75 rounds
    Laser Rifle Ammo now costs 2 additional hydrogen bottles.

All Shotguns now have a 0.5 second rate of fire
    All Shotguns now have a 3 second reload time

All Sniper Rifles now have a 2.75 second reload time (shows as 2.8)
    T1 Sniper Rifle now does 100 normal damage
    Epic Sniper Rifle now does 150 normal damage

All Handheld Miniguns now hold 500 rounds
    T1 Handheld Minigun now does 70 damage
    T2 Handheld Minigun now does 80 damage
    T1 Handheld Minigun spread now set to 0.4
    T2 Handheld Minigun spread now set to 0.3
    Handheld Minigun Ammo now costs 50 Steel Plates rather than 10

T2 and Epic Handheld Rocket Launcher now does 800 base damage
    Epic Handheld Rocket Launcher now has a 1.5 second rate of fire

All Handheld Plasma Cannons now have a 10X damage multiplier against hull blocks
    Epic Plasma Cannons now has a 1.5 second rate of fire

I also plan on tweaking most of the ship guns once I have the info I need. I am happy to share the file once have the info I need and finish balancing it.

As a side note, I am using WordPad to make the edits if that affects anything.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. Soulraiser

Soulraiser Ensign

I believe i read in some recent patch notes that the damage values were taken out from the weapons, so they are only listed on the actual ammo that goes in that weapon instead, i didn't double check though, since im at work. For the multi-tool, the T2 uses the t1 as a parent, so all stats feed over, and then get modified by what is set for the T2.. so you would have to change the ammo for the T1 to be biofuel, but then change the ammo for the t2 also, to be set as the multi-fuel. One other thing that wasnt in your post, but tends to catch people off guard when trying to change things.. everything in the game is coded, and then the config allows that code to be changed.. so if you remove a line, it just loads the default coded value. If you want to do something like remove a crafting component from a blueprint, you can't just remove that line, like IronIngot:10, you have to actually leave the line there, but change it to IronIngot:0

There is a spawner function you can use in creative to spawn enemies, you have to enable the debug menu by typing in console: debugmenu
    Then press escape twice, on the top menu, towards the right, should be a new button that wasnt there for the debugmenu, which will have a spawner in it.

I wouldn't use wordpad to edit things in general, unless its literally a word document you are typing up as a letter for someone to read. If you have nothing at all else, i would use notepad, but i would highly suggest getting something like notepad++, it will also handle the lua files if you ever want to edit them, which wordpad will surely break because of hidden characters.

Ronin94 likes this.
  3. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant

I noticed that the ammo on some guns did not have a damage value visible in the game but also noticed that some guns like the hand held rocket launcher have the values on both. I am not a professional coder and basically just know how to change values or rarely add lines things I want to the game. I have no idea what the location of the damage values means or if my best course of action is to add a damage value back to the gun or leave it with the ammo. The stats being split between guns and their ammo is confusing.

With the Multi-Tool, I went to do that and there was no listed slot for ammo. I will try adding one as I just downloaded notepad++ as WordPad would not let me add lines. EDIT I got this working

EDIT I checked the debug menu and the only things there was a slider for time of day and a value for how fast time moves. EDIT never mind used the wrong command...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. Ronin94

Ronin94 Lieutenant