Fixed TX Signals...

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Rickachae, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rickachae

Rickachae Lieutenant

Im comming across instances where for some resson (server side or moded server) the tx signals created in BPs are not reinserting or are screwd badly with side effects sometimes when spawning...
    The problem is I/Players cant fix or redo the signals as once a signal is set its permanant... we end up with many repeated signals...
    PLEASE can you insert the ability to Individualy del the old signals or relink them in the edit... Its aMASSIVE Headache otherwise.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Gaz likes this.
  2. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

I had this last week got a signal list as long as your arm now. I think they said they fixed it but yesterday had the same problem but the SV only had two signals to change. It would be good if this did'nt happen but to delete old signals would be good.

3. Boba Brett

Boba Brett Lieutenant

Can confirm I'm still having this issue in 10.3

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This bug is proving extremely annoying. It also ungroups most devices in BPs as well as not saving signals.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Is this issue something reproducible ?

Can anyone provide a use case to look at ?

6. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Rickachae , @Gaz , @Boba Brett , @Vermillion ;

Are you guys all playing MP? I'm asking in hopes of better narrowing down - I had the bug introduced in the 2517-2523 builds, but it seems to be functioning fine now (and that is after extensive testing on my end)... that said, in recent months, I've played exclusively SP. Thought it might be helpful diagnostically to establish if MP is a common denominator here.

@Pantera, do you know if MP handles BP's save/encode/read operations in any way differently than SP?

Also, in a somewhat related matter - Pantera, I use signal logic extensively on many of my builds - straight up "mode selectors", nested conditionals, etc. etc... like many others I'm sure... I have noticed as mentioned above that once you've assigned a name to a tx signal, even if you delete it from the originating input box (and it exists by reference nowhere else in the build) you cannot re-use it; I'm guessing this has something to do with when naming write/read operations are performed (or the lack thereof).

It's really annoying, particularly when trying to work your way mentally (and in real time) through a complicated set of conditional logic streams... any way we could look to getting that fixed/improved?

Addressing the core issue here would obviously be priority - messed BP's are to me a game-breaking bug - but if you guys are opening up that code again, would love to see the above issue addressed.

jmtc likes this.
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I'm encountering the bug in Singleplayer creative. It's occured on both SVs, HVs, CVs and Bases without exception.
    I'd just finished a new POI and it should be ready for submission, except all the signals refuse to save and all the devices ungroup upon saving. So none of the retractable sentry turrets pop out of the walls, doors don't open and traps can't be sprung.

8. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

9. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Hey Vermillion,

Did you/are you noticing any "red text" error messages in the console when you save the BP?

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you send me a save with it spawned in where the device list & signals are setup correctly ?

11. Pantera

• Developer
    Are you able to provide a use case ?
    Ideally a save game with the structure setup correctly (device groups, signals etc) then when making a blueprint of it & spawning it in the issue your describe triggers ?

12. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

*Using Bug Report Template since it was not used in this thread initially*
    Refer to: Blueprints not saving/spawning correctly [6554]

Mode: All (Single/MP in creative & Survival)

SERVER NAME: Transcendence / Transcendence Test Server

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Type: Device List

Provided Recent Case - BP from B2533 to Taelyn
    (Server Instance POI that has not been released to our players yet)

Steps To Reproduce:
    1. Overwrite a blueprint
    2. POI initial generation

Differences from last bug:
    1. Will retain device list or signals sometimes when spawned in creative, but not in MP

13. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

This issue has not been fixed in 10.3, I have lost days trying to correct many blueprints, some to no avail, others I now have unused ghost signals.
    The ungrouping seems random, I can't pin it down.
    I even opened the data files in various editors and while I can find the reference to the correct legitimate signals I cannot find the ghost ones that existed previously but were unassigned, however, they are there in the pull down lists, it's most puzzling.
    One of the messages I see in the console sometimes associated with this seems to be "Could not find method 'SetLabel' on UIScrollable PopupList"

Here is something interesting, I have a base, autogroup it, save bp, spawn, it's all ungrouped.
    Autogroup that new spawned one, save it again, respawn it, groups are kept. The problem is through this process you have now lost all signals and created the dreaded and unusable "ghost" signals.

14. Pantera

• Developer
    Do you have a save game with it setup correctly already spawned in then when you make a blueprint of it the issue triggers ?
    Please supply the save game setup like this if so.

15. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you supply the save game of the base you mention you have where it is already spawned in & setup correctly & the issue triggers for you when you make a BP of it then spawn it in ?

16. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

It looks like this (all set TX signals were reset, but remained in the list) on all POIs saved in BP.
    On gif creative mode. This POI was fully working before your fixpatches.

View attachment 62524

17. Pantera

• Developer
    I need a copy of a save game setup with the structure this happens with (none of the structures I have trigger it) setup how it should be already & when it is blueprinted & spawned in the issue triggers to examine this.

18. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

It's so inconsistent so it's hard to provide a save game to show the issue.
    For example, I've been working on a base, lets call it "A". I auto group it, save it as "B". I spawn in "B" and it has many ungrouped items.
    I go back to "A", save it again, name it "C", spawn in "C" and that is fine. Why? B & C were both saved from A with no changes inbetween so why does C spawn in ok and B is ungrouped?

The only thing that is consistent is that when you see http://prntscr.com/ohs2a9 you had better be prepared for something to be wrong somewhere.

I wanted to try and send you this save except now when I go back ad repeat the above steps it's fine.
    It's so random, all I can say that in my 3 years of empyrion I haven't had such a problem, in the last few weeks I've given up on many blueprints due to this issue across so many saved games because it happens so often and it still is, one just can't say why or how, it's just there.

Is there any way we can manually delete the references to these ghost signals, some kind of tool or step to get rid of them?

19. Pantera

• Developer
    There will be a potential fix in he next release.

20. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

The most interesting is that this problem is not in POI, which is the default (vanilla) in the game.
    The problem is that POI saved in BP.

___
    As an example, two POIs in the file. Repeatability is 100% in this case. Look at the displays on the POI.

Attached Files: