ullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by LinearBurn, Aug 11, 2017.

1. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

Super quick question I tryed to make a SCENARIO is it posable to remove the starting planits like Akua or just rename there folders if i make the Sector file match

I attempted to amke it boot with the Folder Akua and AkuaOrbit , Akua Moon everthign i do generates a crash of Loading file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Dedicated Server/EmpyrionDedicated_Data/../dedicated.yaml' NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Assembly-CSharp.BuilderSite+DriveHelper.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Assembly-CSharp.RegistryFactory.AttachPlugin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MBS_S.set_ListNode (.IconEditor ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at GameStartup.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

the contents of the folders are default.
    am i missing somthing or is this by design?

Thanks
    Nathan

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

For default playfields you don't need to move the files from the default folder it will fetch them from there anyway if your sector file request it.

Go to your LOG folder and open the last log file, go through it slow and careful, in there will be an exception followed by what it was that caused it.

3. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

It was a spaceing issue in the sectors yaml (its alwas spaceing lol) 9-10 i have found its going to be spaceing for unknown or null object error

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

All sorted then !

Good job dude.

5. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

my sector yaml is over 4k lines i was bound to miss one

6. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Yeah I hate writing the sectors file for new scenarios. 4k lines?? What are you creating our actual entire galaxy???

7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

My scenario has 204 playfields and is only 651 lines, a sector file with 4000 lines would cause lag as the computer reads it, that's an utterly huge sector file or its just a typo maybe.