Fixed Unable to harm/hurt any enemy with any weapon

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Bif, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Bif

Bif Ensign

I cannot harm/hurt/damage any enemy, be it dinosaur, spider/insect, or Zirax. I does not matter what weapon I use. It does not help to restart the game, and it does not help to verify the game files. Even the survival gun is ineffective. I starved to death trying to kill a pangorin, expending all my ammunition ranging from the previously-mentioned survival tool, shotgun, pistol, epic pulse gun, sniper rifle T2 and epic 15mm sniper weapon.

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Single player
    SEED-ID: ****, no idea

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Not Applicable, no mods or changes of any sort

Reproducibility: It's permanent. I am incapable of harming any living thing. Budhism would not hamper me in the slightest.

Severity: This situation is intolerable, but technically I am able to play until I starve to death and respawn. I hate dying, it's kind of the point of the game.

Type: I haven't the slightest idea what you're looking for here.

Summary: Kaput waffen. weapons don't work. German is more efficient, too bad I'm not sufficiently fluent.

Description: I cannot harm/hurt/damage any enemy, be it dinosaur, spider/insect, or Zirax. I does not matter what weapon I use. It does not help to restart the game, and it does not help to verify the game files. Even the survival gun is ineffective. I starved to death trying to kill a pangorin, expending all my ammunition ranging from the previously-mentioned survival tool, shotgun, pistol, epic pulse gun, sniper rifle T2 and epic 15mm sniper weapon.

Steps to Reproduce: Approach an enemy. Glare at him. You have hurt his feelings. Fire a weapon at him. You have startled him and perhaps unsettled him. But you have not actually hurt him.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: What is the point of this, you don't believe me? So don't.

2. Bif

Bif Ensign

Possibly helpful clue regarding my inability to harm any living thing: I get the same exact message you get when you use a drill on a tree. "You cannot damage the target with this weapon. (etc.)"

Hope it helps.

3. Bif

Bif Ensign

Also, as you probably surmised I am a bit of a fan of Empyrion, and as a result I own and operate two private servers for my friends. These servers are hosted by Nitrado and MS.Low. And if there was any doubt, MS.Low is vastly better.

Anyway I doubt the hosted private servers would have any effect, but it is worth noting that the weapon problem only arises when I play single player on my local machine.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Are you able to talk to Traders? Or the same issue?

Please provide the SaveGame

Pach, Bif and Germanicus like this.
  5. Bif

Bif Ensign

I did not attempt to talk to traders. Interesting, you have a complex mind. I will try it first chance and report.

Also, I will figure out how to get the save game for you. Hope it doesn't bork your computer.

Pach likes this.
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Just zip it and use something like GoogleDrive. You can share the link either here or in PM :)

Thank!

Pach likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

This is fixed in the NEXT update.

Would still like your SaveGame if possible

For now this does requier a fresh game but were looking if we can fix it in a running game aswell!

Pach likes this.