Fixed Unable to harvest trees and stones [6952]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Jimmi, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jimmi

Jimmi Ensign

Mode:Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: [DE-PVE]Der Rentner Treff Empyrion A11 Multi-Solar-System

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, but only resources were changed

Reproducibility: Always, Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: Playfield

Summary: Unable to harvest trees and stones on some Playfields

Description: People can't harvest plants and stones on some different playfields, where the PF-Server loads 2 Playfields. After a while People can't harvest plants and Stones.
    This occurs after introducing Alpha 11, after Hotfix 2714 the bug don't occurs and after the Hotfix today, the bug ist now back again!

It happens at our server on TemperateStarter2, Ocean planets. If someone look with a drill at a buggy stone at the right corner it will be declareted as container with 50/50 hitpoints.

Steps to Reproduce: Maybe it will occure after a PF-Server loads 2 Playfields. We don't know this... after Restart the server and clearing the Cach the Bug is still there. Sometimes it helps to stop the playfields for a while and then the bug is still there.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi can you send me the save game & scenario the save is using ?
    Currently when checking my own all trees & stones are harvesting with no issue.

3. Jimmi

Jimmi Ensign

Hm.. thats a Problem. We have 30 People on our Server, i don't have Root-access and must download about 13.000 files via FTP. That takes to much time for me.

To do this without corrupted files, i'll need to stop the server. But i'll sent you our Scenario and the config files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qgDntDtA-Og9CB-KoE81pvhAGosHty1x

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  4. Jimmi

Jimmi Ensign

Tomorrow i will give you the Backup from Today....

At the Moment every 10 Minutes the bug occurs at an other Playfield. After stoping that Playfield It Works correct for a while.

5. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Same probleme here, resources and deco in playfield not changed from Alpha 10 to Alpha 11, but some harvestable deco can not bu picked up
    PS : Pantera has my savegame.

6. Pantera

• Developer
    I'm interested to see if there are any exceptions happening in the logs when this starts to happen can you remember roughly some times when this started ?

Could you send me the logs folder form the server for B2717 ?
    Open the logs folder & right click on the B2717 folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option.
    Thanks.

7. Jimmi

Jimmi Ensign

I'm not at home. Will be back late... send you Tomorrow, but in Telnetclient no Exceptions occurs.... so want be One in pf log i think

Playfields does Not Change from A10 to A11. Only Sectors.yaml

8. Psicotic1

Psicotic1 Ensign

Its happening on every server I've played on, including the official servers. I just left both the vanilla MP and IvD II servers and the above problems exists on both. Its a hit and miss thing. I could nine an iron rock, but not the copper one or the tree next to it. Just dug a hole in the ground.

9. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

10. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Same problem on 2 servers. Common thing is this happens on maps that was generated before 11.*

11. Pantera

• Developer
    @Jimmi thanks for the info no save game is needed & also

@Psicotic1 @Watcher330 @Hawkie

I have found a way to force it to trigger it (still quite random though) this will be examined asap & we will try to hot fix it as soon as that is possible. Thanks!

12. Safeara

Safeara Ensign

The Anvil Server.

Keep getting bug where you can not harvest. This is for plants and rocks. The survival tool will dig under a rock but not touch the rock. Same for drills on HV when you have this bug. It will drill the ground but not the rock. I can kill with the survival tool and hit F to take the loot from an animal but plants will not show up with an F option to harvest. Logging out and restarting the game does not work either.

I would upload a log but the game does not crash. Also I think drones go bad when this happens as they stay on the ground. Pick of the grounded drone and me looking at a plant with no option to harvest.

Relog and verify the files may or may not work to fix it.

Attached Files:

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Known Issue (as i told you also on there Discord)

14. Pantera

• Developer
    We have put a fix on the exp branch please test it if you have the time we could not trigger the issue anymore & the official exp server is up to date for anyone to use.