Unable to join friends Coop

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by MetricHarbor30, Jul 28, 2020.

1. MetricHarbor30

MetricHarbor30 Ensign

I am unable to join my friends co-op due to a internal error.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello,

We are aware of an issue for Co-op mode if the host sets a password for the server anyone joining can be met with a CoQ/InternalError.

For the time being with this issue please remove the password from the dedicated.yaml in the save game folder:

1) Make sure the co-op server is not running & open the dedicated.yaml in the save game folder

2) Look for Srv_Password: & remove anything after Srv_Password: like this for example
    ServerConfig:
    Srv_Name: Local co-op
    Srv_Password:

3) Save the file then start up the co-op game again. If you are prompted from this point for a password leave the dialogue box blank & click ok.

Passwords for co-op aren't completely necessary the only players who can see or join your Co-op game are on your steam friends list.

3. Magner

Magner Ensign

Hello! My friend hosts local co-op without a password. When I try to connect I get the internal error. Then I click "Continue" and join him. But the game brakes. I don`t see him, I can`t die, can`t shoot and so on. My PC is quite old, but everything was OK before last update. Could you help me please?

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

SInce it's your friend that is running the COOP game, he should be the one asking for support, there is not much you can do from your end.

Germanicus likes this.