PLZ Retest and Re-Report Unable to mine/remove resources within the perimeter of your base

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by MOZZZY, Jan 4, 2022.

1. MOZZZY

MOZZZY Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.1.1.3639
    Mode: survival mode
    Mode: single player

SERVER NAME: (SinglePlayer)
    SEED-ID: 594439

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: no

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Mining

Summary: Unable to mine/remove resources within the perimeter of your base

Description: Unable to mine/remove resources within the perimeter of your base. Mining can only be done greater that approximately 100m away from your base. This includes gathering any resources, mining free standing rocks and cutting down trees. none of these can be performed within the base perimeter.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) go outside of your base.
    2) select either multitool or drill. (any type, standard, T2 or Epic)
    3) go to a free standing rock (eg. copper rock) and try and mine it. The rock is ignored and a whole is created in the ground with the rock then floating in air.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

boolybooly likes this.
  2. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

I am having the same problem including being unable to harvest plants around my base in a region which seems to extend to the WEST in a semicircle radius 161m. Not a problem east of the base where objects can be harvested normally.

Same version and play mode as above.

DESCRIPTION.
    • As you approach a harvestable object showing ripe state e.g. bud, mushroom, egg, stimulant, plant protein, plant fibres, herbal leaves etc (snow start) the crosshairs remain neutral and do not turn to the yellow box indicating the object is harvestable.
    • Action key will not harvest.
    • Also cannot mine rocks or saw trees as they take zero damage.
    • The drill crosshairs will show info for object as "container 50/50", whereas if I move further away from my base I find the "Resource Info" will show something like "Big Alien Flower Bud 20/20" for the visually same object when the yellow box is available.
    • Previously these non harvestable objects were harvestable.

This is a save by my base with this happening.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsb5ymuvr13zhqt/SnowBall-220104-1505.zip?dl=0

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can both of you try using the wipe command in your saves & see if it makes it go away ?
    - Get the name of the playfield this is an issue on
    - Open the command console & type this in & replace "PlayfieldName" with the name of the playfield you are on:
    wipe PlayFieldName terrain
    - Then for this to take effect: for SP exit back to the main menu & load back in & for MP disconnect the client from the server then restart the server

Example planet name is 1 word:
    wipe Oscutune terrain

Example planet name is more than 1 word wrap apostrophes around it
    wipe 'Oscutune 1234' terrain

====

Can you remember what were you doing in the lead up to this being found ?
    We don't know of a trigger for this.

4. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

OK that worked to make the harvestables harvestable again. Thankyou!

Most of them remained in the same place but a few close to the base did not e.g. a big boulder close to outbuildings vanished, a natural stimulant 35m from the base disappeared. Voxel changes were not effected at all. Ore boulders respawned.

The only things I can think of which might be related would be using wifi and linked cargo around the base and in particular in conjunction with the N key building menu tab "connect to base" option. I may have used this to build solar panelling without cancelling it at some time and just saved and exited or gone out of range and returned. So it would not have gone through a proper shut down process and may have gone wrong.

EDIT another thing I did was build HV and SV from scratch, in the location around my base I have seen bugs where ghost starter blocks drift in a particular direction in previous versions. I dont know if this could have affected the harvestables. I did see one non-harvestable which could be harvested by shifting the cross hairs to the east slightly pointing at mid air, I did try to replicate this on others but could not.

I will try starting a new game to test this.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  5. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

I am trying to test this in a fresh SP game but I am getting a bunch of internal errors which started after setting up a second quad cannon battery up a hill to the side of my base and set group orders to generator only and no predators/prey.

I dont know what has gone wrong but I stop and erase the save then resume from last save to test without complications but every time I continue the internal error returns and is now getting so frequent I cannot continue.

Any advice on trouble shooting the error would help. At the moment it is not really possible to test anything else until I worked out what that is about.

6. Pantera

• Developer
    Without a log I have nothing to look at (also would be ideal to provide a save game where this is triggering with steps on how to repro so we have to something to trigger & analyse)

Client log location:
    Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Logs

Find the 3639 folder & create a compressed copy of it with windows built in compression option (Right click on the file or folder > Send to > "Compressed (Zipped) folder") then attach to your report by dragging them into the reply box or using the upload a file option.

7. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

OK here are logs.

I will see if I can trigger the internal error reliably but so far it has been random, once I was in the map setting a waypoint and another I was adding cubes to a HV.

If I can figure out a replication method then I will post a save.

Attached Files:

• 3639.zip
      File size:
      124.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for the log I can tell you it is coming from either 1 or more markers/waypoints that are in the save.
    Did you create any of your own markers on any map ? (planet, galaxy or system) removing them may get rid of it but I would be very interested in knowing of a trigger for this so we can squash it. If you find a way to trigger it often please make a separate thread for this to not go off topic here.
    Thanks

9. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Thanks. Yes I have made several markers on the start planet playfield which I haven't left yet.

Two were crystal icons marking rarer useful harvestables and two were crosshair bullseyes for my base cannons.

On the occasion setting a marker triggered the error I was marking the second set of cannons and called it the same name as the first set with the same icon. The cannons were not visible on the map as they were base extensions.

I repeated this procedure after wiping the save and did two things different, I called it a different name and accidentally used the default flag icon and did not get a problem, then changed the icon and name to the same as the other marker without issue.

I am not sure any of this is relevant its just the detail of the event while I remember it. Will keep an eye out for similar in future.

As of my last post I cannot seem to make it create an error any more! So at least I can get back to testing the issue in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022