Fixed Unable to unbind mouse keys` [7199]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Darth_Dad_Bod, Mar 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Darth_Dad_Bod

Darth_Dad_Bod Ensign

I need to unbind secondary action, etc from the mouse and replace them, but it will not allow me to reassign, or unassign action functions from the mouse. I will happily edit config files, but I am simply not going to change a control scheme that has served us for 20 years with zero reason.

so, until all keys are bindable via the UI like a AAA title, I would like info on how to set those in the files please?

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please try this: To unbind any 'Secondary' key that are in the list click on the box then press the Escape key 1 time to clear the box.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Any chance of this being documented at some point in the keybindings screen in some way?
    That's not exactly intuitive at all, and most players wouldn't think of hitting Esc because they would expect that to set the key to Esc instead of clearing it out.

Also, why do some controls even have a secondary key assigned if the secondary key is the exact same as the primary key?
    Secondary keys should all be blank by default, unless the default secondary key is different than the primary key. Otherwise you are just adding in unnecessary steps for us to take to reassign them, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Pantera

• Developer
    Noted but no ETA just yet.

Consider the secondary column as unfinished ideally the default keys need to be wiped in the secondary column for stock settings.
    When the dev responsible for this particular area is freed up they will look into it.

Germanicus and krazzykid2006 like this.
  5. Darth_Dad_Bod

Darth_Dad_Bod Ensign

Yes, thank you. Once I unbound the secondary it let me unbind and rebind the primary.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Ravis

Ravis Captain

vs 12.0.2877
    Single player, Survival though tried at main menu as well as reset controls.
    has reset game

Issue: changing the key "switch view" will list second key added, but will not register command in game by new key press. I can hold the new key down and it will register (activate) once out of the settings window in the menu. but i can't use the key in game.

Roll right and roll left seem to swap keys but leave the q and e listed despite not only not working for the default command but working for the new command.

7. Edbiker

Edbiker Ensign

Hi,
    I'm new to the game and have come across an issue immediately when trying to set up the controls to my preference.

'Use' is by default set to F, but I wanted to change it to E. It allows me to do this and E correctly displays in the controls setting screen for this action.

However E is mapped to 'roll right' by default.

I tried to change 'roll right' to ] and clicked the 'Update' option which does map ] to 'roll right', but here's the problem, E also remains mapped to 'roll right' and E is also the key that displays in the control setting screen, not ]. The same thing happens when I try to map [ to 'roll left', instead of the default Q.

Not the end of the world but something I thought I'd flag in case it is an easy fix.

Thanks.

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Pantera

• Developer
    Germanicus and Pach like this.
  9. Edbiker

Edbiker Ensign

Yes that fixed it.
    I had to unbind 2 different keys in the secondary list for both roll right and roll left before it went blank. I also unbound the keys in the primary list. It then let me set my choice of keys in the primary list.
    Cheers and thanks for your help.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  10. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks I have merged your thread with this one & when we are ready to push out a change in this area for fixing the secondary key list you will get a notification/alert in the top right of the forum that appear next to the flag.

Pach likes this.
  11. Pantera

• Developer
    Please retest in Build 3042 on the experimental branch.

Pach and Germanicus like this.