STORY Uncertain Outcome

Discussion in 'Lore, Story and Factions' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    --
    OUTPOST 42
    property: UCH
    System Log status: classified
    Com Sgt. Meyers
    Vice Admiral Perez

--
    [M] Ma'am, we have found a trace of the devices we were searching for!
    [M] But..it is.. strange..
    [P] Strange? Please be more precise, Meyers!
    [M] Strange..in a way its position seems to be located at .. the planet orbit we run into the Zirax Ambush two years ago when arriving in that galaxy.. and a I bet my wage, these energetic signals would have not remained unnoticed by any of the fleets vessels if we did not run into that battle...
    [P] Damn... I know we should have tried to gather more info about that system and not retreat that early while we still had the chance. Screw you, Yaden. Now this will become very complicated..
    [P] Meyers!
    [M] Ma'am?
    [P] Establish a secure com connection to our friends of GLaD and inform them about our findings. They need to handle that.
    [P] I'll inform Benner. And, Meyers, no word to anyone else!
    [M] Affirmative, Ma'am!

====
    < New PDA Mission available: UNCERTAIN OUTCOME (soon)
    < Polaris standing required: 18001+ (friendly)
    < Location: Recommended to start in your 'starter planet' orbit
    ====

20191219192658_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Awesome more story missions!

Ephoie likes this.
  3. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I like where this is going.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Hummel-o-War would you please use a different color for

====
    < New PDA Mission available: UNCERTAIN OUTCOME (soon)
    < Polaris standing required: 18000 (friendly)
    < Location: Recommended to start in your 'starter planet' orbit
    ====

Yours is practically unreadable as it a blue tone on a dark grey background;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thats far Better now:D

Ephoie likes this.
  6. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Much..... My eyes thank you.

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Hummel-o-War
    One slight change to this line here, please -> < Polaris standing required: 18000 (friendly)
    18000 just puts you to END of Neutral - 18001 BEGINS Friendly

8. Welderold

Welderold Lieutenant

When I saw this, I thought I could finally play this first Polaris mission. (which is before this Uncertain outcomes mission) But I was wrong. Despite many attempts, "Lava planet" is not found in the entire solar system. Or else, the "Starter Solarsystem" is only 2 planets and the nearest Solar System is over 600 Lightyears away. And this cannot be achieved because the pentaxid tank is only 500. And if at some start this "Lava planet" is, then missing "Alien planet" or something ...
    Anyway, the whole "storyline" is just one mess, and there is several old POI (e.g. radar station/xenu main frame) and other "game stoppers". This "should" be corrected when A12 is released, but I suspect. For so long, these erroneous tasks have been such that I don't think developers are interested in this aspect (single player story line) of the game at all.

9. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I think the current issue is that the game mechanics need refinements.
    When the game mechanics are a bit more cemented, then the PDA and the missions will get more attention. In the meantime, if you do come across issues, the best way to get them fixed is to fill out a bug report with exact details as to what mission is "broken".

Bug reports: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

This looks awesome , imagine how incredible it would be if it was audible over text reading.

Hawkings voice over lol !

SacredGlade and Ephoie like this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There is always a lava planet in each solar system, and there are more than 2 planets. Don't forget you need to warp around to uncover the other planets on the map! :D

Ephoie likes this.
  12. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

There doesn't have to be though.... ;-)

Ephoie likes this.
  13. SoakADankFrog

SoakADankFrog Ensign

I've made a fun story for the game running at Dark Skies server (im a moderator for). Its background to explain the portal system I've made to make it easy for friends who start on different planets to get together easily.

I'd love to have my story at the Lore section of the forum. I dont want to step on Hummel-o-War's toes though. I'm open to editing to fit current lore too. Please let me know where I can send the HTML file (text and images) or send it as a gmail.

Thank you devs, sys admin and everyone who helps make this game awesome! :~)

cmguardia and Germanicus like this.
  14. SoakADankFrog

SoakADankFrog Ensign

Welll... Its been about 2 weeks so I thought I'd give an update. I've sent Hummel-o-War my story and he replied received, "hope to have time to read through soon". well... I know he's very busy but that was on the 3rd. I've since been able to post the story to the new website for the Dark Skies server with gorgeous and exciting pictures and the same style as the Lore section posts.

https://dark-skies.enjin.com/forum/m/52769150/viewthread/33078599-mystery-temples

If I'm not allowed to post a link then I beg forgiveness but I'm just too excited about this stuff. And with A12 coming I have plans to make more glorious stories and builds and maybe a mod or two!

Stay Awesome Eleon folks!

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hey Soak, still not found real time to read the story - very sorry :( Perfectly ok to post the link!

SifVerT and Germanicus like this.
  16. Act

Act Lieutenant

Salutations,
    First of all : thank you very much for the fun already had with your very nice game!
    And first post here, so sorry if wrong place, also : please forgive my bad english.

Discovered and started the game recently, playing in solo survival mode. usually playing RTS or MMORTS, so didn't exepect to love this game so much. Last night did the full "Uncertain Outcome" story: was lucky and could succeed but didn't sleep a lot;)

There is maybe a problem about the story ( will not spoil don't run away, it's "technical") : was late and english is not my language, so I didn't read all dialogue/text with enoegh attention, thinking : "anyway, I'll be able to read and translate later in the "PDA log"...BUT only the first dialogue(s?) are registerd in...can't find back the rest of the text/dialogues that poped during the story.

So I just can't remember/understand if some the very nice "artisanal objects" I did recieve at the end have some use/importance for the following of my/the game?
    Also, I remember to have read something about consequences of what I've discovered in that nice story...but can't remember what:/
    Is there a way to access those text again without redoing the story? Am I wrong to think that I should be able to read them in the "PDA Log"?

Again and in adavance, thanks a lot for this game!

cmguardia likes this.
  17. michael.mccawley

michael.mccawley Lieutenant

Hi @Act

Great feedback!

The objects you receive are of use to create CPU Extenders. Enables larger vessels and bases. Quite valuable if you are CPU-enabled.

There are two dialog systems now, (the PDA and Dialogue) and presently they are not integrated, so this is a known bug that you cannot review the text of the mission after the fact. Someone is working on it. However that text is in one of the files on your hard drive, but getting it will be a spoiler for other missions you will want to do.

I'm chuffed you love the game so much. It's turning out to be something special, that is for damn certain.

I can send you the text in a PM (I did work on the English translation of these) so you don't need to accidentially spoil the other missions getting it yourself. Really though, this is a hack. You should (and eventually will) see the review of the Dialogue from within PDA.

Act likes this.
  18. Act

Act Lieutenant

Just refound this post so let me copy part of my post in general:

"just redid the mission in version 1 (various try) and succeed but only get the staff of guidance?

can someone tell if missions rewards had been modified?
    or
    when/how exactelly do you get the crosbow + catapult?

As far as I remember it was "auto" in the last room with the 3 message panels ? (or maybe when you have to report to "sectioner 32" in the PoL space-trade -station?)

what did I miss?

thanks a lot.

@michael.mccawley : I'm a bit late but : thank you for your answer :)

note the object I was talking about were not the optro.bridges but the crossbow and the catapult.

Thanks again.