PLZ Retest and Re-Report "underground knock"

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Mirosya, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

Build: 1.5.1 3384
    Mode: Single Player
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N\A
    SEED-ID: any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: periodically
    Severity: important

Type: game client work

Summary: Failure of functions after a certain playing time

Description: Over the course of a certain time of the game, the client version 1.5 constantly encounters crashes, which can be solved by restarting the client. Unfortunately, it was not possible to establish the exact time of the failure - sometimes errors appear after an hour or two of gameplay, sometimes longer in time.

I will list the typical cases that I paid attention to:
    1) Automatic armored doors stop closing automatically - they open normally, close only manually
    2) the sound of CV-thrusters disappears (even when you are in first-person mode in the captain's chair)
    3) when you return to an already partially dug deposit and try to fly into a hole, you see a hole in the texture (manually digging with a drone)
    4) sv miner trying to make a vertical tunnel constantly throws it out of the ground - this bug is old - as it was and remains

It seems that the reason for the listed errors is deeply buried in the game code and relates to hard-to-reproduce and hard-to-fix. I hope this gives you some useful thoughts and solutions :(

Steps to Reproduce: hard\random

Germanicus and stanley bourdon like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Your pt 3.)
    It does not real depend on time in a Game that this Holes are appearing. This here happened after about 1 hour of Gaming
    Fresh Game Start- The Hole is visible to the right.
    v1.5B3366_2021-05-26_08-46-01.png

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Apart from the doors issue that either stop closing or close by themselves when they should not, I have not encountered any other problem.