Filed / Tracking Unpickable plant [07335]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Pach, May 23, 2020.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 455072

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown
    Severity: Minor

Type: Plants
    Summary: Unpickable "protein" plant

Description: I found a single one of those "hot dog" plant protein providing plants that looked intact, but couldn't be picked.

Steps to Reproduce: (steps to reproduce the issue. This is ESSENTIAL for a bugfix!)

1. Load attached file
    2. Character should be looking right at it (or very close to it -- if not, I loaded the wrong file :p )

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service & also attach a copy of your client log (& crashes log if a crash occurred):

Savegame:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o0uqscj2tFzn1XCBD0DOzPojW7JCsNU9

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Thanks, will be fixed

Pach likes this.
  3. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Saw an entire area where this happened, rocks in the area could not be mined either. I get this happening quite often in a single-player game, no idea how to reproduce. I think it happens in areas where Zirax drones have been firing at me, cannot be sure that's the real cause.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Please upload your SaveGame with your character left at this position for us to look at

Pach and zaphodikus like this.
  5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x2crA7s90DZxytRh2rHQCVnUIB3YcAwn/view?usp=sharing

I included a screenshot in the zip file of player pointing at one of the unharvestable crops.
    A bit to the left of view in the screenshot where there are some surface ores, I tried to dig them out, but those surface ores are unharvestable too.

Noted that although crops are often slowly over time sinking into the ground each time I play, the "hitbox" sometimes moves downwards with them, meaning you need to point below the plant. But sometimes there is no hitbox at all to allow harvesting, like in this case.

Cheers :)

Pach likes this.