Fixed Unplayable

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Kaz, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

Since the update today all my hvs bounce around by themselves sometimes falling through terrain other times not, doesnt matter if they are on or off,new game or old, single player or multiplayer, new bp or old bp. I have verified the install,cleared the cache and did a full restart. i tried to clear pivot on them but no matter what i do that works only on a few svs and nothing else. The problem is even worse if i dare try to get on them because then if they are on the just sit there and vibrate like they are quickly bouncing between two walls or if i turn it off i get stuck in a falling through the ground loop untill i turn it back on which then puts me back where i started and of course i cant get off a moving vehicle so im literally stuck there unable to do anything so there goes my plans to play some multiplayer tonight. It also affects my cvs but not the same extent. it only happens some times and i can move in all six directions but i cannot steer and if i try to land its back to the falling through terrian crap again at least with cvs i can stop the thing to get out.

Travis9x likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Possibly the same issue > https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-fish-out-of-water.91761/

Can you please describe what you did BEFORE this behavior started? ( was the vessel docked, floating, standing on terrain...did you remove blocks, which blocks etc pp > an info helps, as i currently cannot reproduce the issue )

Ephoie likes this.
  3. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

In MP, what server?

Can you produce a video of the event?

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    PS: Does this happen right away or only after a certain playtime (possibly when you left that playfield, came back, landed..and then it started)?

Ephoie likes this.
  5. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

This was happening all day yesterday, on the official eu server,
    i know of at least a dozen people this happened to , i made a little video, after the "main event", when my cv went mental crashing to the ground, getting buried in the ground, I was trapped in cv, got attacked at that time by drones, this video, is 20mins later, aftyer drones eventually destroyed, & i went back to try & get my sv on the roof,
    the 1st min, shows how it was behaving, this was happening to cv's sv's & hv's.
    managed to get cv to space later, changed core, repaired damage, but bug persisted.

Ephoie and SacredGlade like this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Can you check your ship's stats for roll, pitch and yaw?
    I've seen that effect in the past when a change in mechanics caused my SV's roll to exceed 100k deg/s where it became uncontrollable, faceplanted and rolled through terrain like a madman, just like your video.

7. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Yeah, that'd get frustrating.... real quick.

8. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

I can validate this - the moment you pilot an HV it bounces around with zero ability to turn.

9. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

It started sometime after i started playing, i had just finnished raiding a couple of space pois and then my cv glitched out in the manner i described, after a tediuos time of piloting without the ability to turn i did manage to make it back to base, i had to get out and turn it off that way because anyting else would glitch it out. Thinking that maybe the recent bug related to flying wasnt quite ironed out i figured id just modify the neo hover bike prefab to go faster and go raid some ground pois for factory mats. I got on to move it so i could see it better and thats when it all started happening. I managed to get off the neo and since i wasnt sure why that happened i started dismantling it which was a pain due to the bouncing untill it went into water where the bouncing was slower but still present. I then started a brand new one, the moment i got on it to turn it on so i had better angles for building it happened to the new one, after many tries i failed to get off of that one and after a while i just logged off so i didnt break anything further. After that i got on single player and started testing them to try and figure out what was wrong this is what i figured out: It happens to "all" of them workshop,prefab or personal new or old, replacing the core doesnt help and i still cant get "prefabinfo 'blueprint name' clearpivot" to work consistantly so cant say about that. The wider they are the less pronounced it is but still unplayable,same with weight the heavier the less pronounced but still unplayable. flat platforms like a landing pad help a bit untill i try to move and then it happens, flat terrain is worse and bumpy terrain is the worst. I also tried all single player modes both new games and old, default scenarios and project eden and couple of other servers that i had the mats or hvs to test it with were all the same and thats all i can think of/remember. Here is a video of the hv: .
    Not sure if any of this is going to help because the new update seems to have fixed it in the short time ive played so far just figured id post it just in case it helps. Update: it stills hates me on servers, gonna wait till i die of starvation on this one so i can see if that hv is just perma bugged.
    Final update after this ill just make a new post if i need to with better/more documentation. I starved died and deleted the old hv then made a new one and all seems well.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    stanley bourdon likes this.
  10. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil Lieutenant

Yep... same as "fish out of water" topic...

Our faction is experiencing the exact same. We've done testing and have found it's directly related to volume of stuff in container controllers. We have some cargo lifter SVs and CVs and most of them will do this if we fill them (?over 30%ish?) with stuff. Using F4 while flopping around, I can dump stuff and immediately the flopping stops.

Side note: If this is happening to you and you aren't stuck in a wall or in the ground, switch camera mode using alt and only move using W, A, S, D. Don't use mouse to steer, don't press Q or E, and don't auto level with O and you can get to your destination with a little effort.

11. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

It happens to me regardless of what is in the conatainers on them and yea i did that to get my cv back to base.

12. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Ephoie and Germanicus like this.