Fixed Using teleport often leaves the player on the loading screen [7799]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Myrmidon, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Build: 3209

Mode: SP

SEED-ID:121120

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/ Escape From Purgatory - Galaxy Edition V2.98

Reproducibility: Often
    Severity: Major

Type: Teleport

Summary: Using teleport often leaves the player on the loading screen.

Description: Using the teleporter between a CV and a BA many times and while the player sleeps between two teleportations, often the teleporting sequence leaves the player in the loading screen. If the player exits and enters the game, the player is floating above the planet ground falling. Sometimes it happens in 2 minutes play time, some times it happens in 6. It is definitely sure it will happen though.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Span a CV and a BA both having teleporters. One on a day part of the planet and one on the night part.
    2. Set time matching real time.
    3. Teleport from the day part i.e BA to the CV located in the night part.
    4.Sleep
    5. Use BA teleporter to return to CV
    6.Sleep
    5.Repeat steps 3 to 5 until the loading stuck and have to exit the game.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Save game link Video bellow.

Update: Continuing to play the game with the above mentioned manner, encountered the bug again. This time I tried to open the inventory by hitting the shortcut key and I was presented with what appears in the photo bellow

Escape from purgatory v2.88_2021-01-11_20-30-45.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for this it will be looked into & it can be triggered without sleeping just fyi.

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

OK I will keep that in mind when testing after a fix will be introduced.

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Build: 1.4 b3259
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer

SERVER NAME: Eleon Studios - Official US Server
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: Teleport/Portals

Summary: Transporter pad occasionally fails to work, glitches loading screen, may strand you at 0,0,0

Description: Occasionally after a few hours of play, when teleporting to different systems, the loading screen will stay on the screen, sometimes it will say loading... and stop at 2% or 20%, sometimes it will say nothing. Sometimes you can click where the toolbelt is and actually remove and replace items out of and into the toolbelt, as the game is sometimes actually running behind the loading screen. There are three scenarios in which this can happen, so far I have only captured one on video. When it gets stuck after the game loads but before the loading screen is removed, rejoining the server places you just under the telepad, if it gets stuck before that point, it seems to drop you some place random, and in the rare event that the game crashes to desktop (in the rare event that you ran out of memory while loading the new playfield), the game tosses you to (x,y,z) 0,0,0 and you end up there when you log back in, often 5-10km away from your ship or base that you were trying to teleport to.

Note: The loading screen related instances of this problem may be related to warping too soon after the end of a previous warp jump, which you can tell because the screen gets all tie-dyed looking and funky, and you can actually completely break the screen if you do it enough times.

Note #2: I actually first noticed this behavior since v1.3, though it was much more rare (maybe 1% of the time vs 5-10% of the time now), and I never experienced the type I managed to record video of until v1.4

Steps to Reproduce: Play the MP game on the Eleon Official US Server for a few hours, teleport a few times between various bases, either yours or NPC factions, and occasionally the issue arises.

I recorded a video, but it takes place after the teleport jump was initiated:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  5. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

Actually I managed to capture another video segment demonstrating the case where the game is running behind the loading screen and you can interact with the toolbelt but do little else, then after reconnecting, you end up below where you expected to be, often inside a base or ship.

6. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix for this is now in the latest release v1.4.2 B3264.

Myrmidon and Kassonnade like this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Let me guess...we need a fresh and vanilla games to test this properly. Don't we?

8. Pantera

• Developer
    Resuming your current save should be ok.

Kassonnade likes this.