Known Issue V1.1.5 3069 18-20:48 - CV Multiturret aim is incorrect

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by etmoonshade, Aug 19, 2020.

1. etmoonshade

etmoonshade Ensign

Build: V1.1.5
    Mode: Survival Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor (but obnoxious)

Type: Turrets

Summary: CV Multiturret aim is incorrect

Description
    The CV multiturret removes blocks where the beam hits the block, not where the crosshairs are. Of note is that the crosshairs seem to correctly indicate that the beam will hit a block, but obviously not which one.

The tiny size of the crosshair also makes it difficult to tell that you are correctly aimed (i.e. by noticing the color change, especially when you have the bright blue beam visually overwhelming the crosshair.)

Note, I've noticed this with the drill turret as well, though it's less important due to the nature of it. This may apply to the HV multiturret as well, but I have not tested that.

Steps to Reproduce:
    • Build a CV with a multiturret
      • In the case of my CV, the multiturret is bottom-mounted. Not sure if this matters, but I recall having similar issues with a top-mounted multiturret.
    • Core a space POI
    • Position yourself and start dismantling it, observe that blocks are removed where the beam connects with the block, not where the crosshairs are.
    And while I'm thinking of it, I've attached a screenshot that shows what I'm talking about. Distance to the station is ~60m based on the marker, and I'm zoomed in because it shows the issue more clearly.

Edited: Apparently that's an in-game date/time, not the build number :V
    Second edit: Never mind, that's totally a build number.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020