Filed / Tracking v1.1 - Player may respawn upside down after dying upside down in space [7726]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by RedScourge, Aug 14, 2020.

1. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

Build: v1.1 B3065
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: SurvivalGame.ca (a 12 day old server)
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable (so far)
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Player may respawn upside down after dying upside down in space

Description: I was mining an asteroid in an HV and surprised by a rocket drone and sniped. the cockpit was destroyed half a second before my player was killed (it said by "explosion"). When I respawned on a nearby moon base, my character model did not get flipped back upside right to the proper orientation, so I was stuck upside down, and began sliding around as though I was in space with no friction. Jump and jetpack were only capable of pushing me further into the ground! At one point I sorta fell through the world but it reset me on ground, but still upside down. I became permanently unable to re-enter my base because it had tiny ledges, and unable to get out of craters if I fell into one! I tried leaving and rejoining the server, and I tried a full game restart, and neither fixed it! I was in a hurry to return to retrieve my backpack so in a panic, so I did not think to take a screenshot. The only resolution was to spawn a blueprint for a tiny bare-bones open cockpit SV I already had ready and enter the drivers seat, then leave, then I was able to go after my backpack. This was difficult because the server requires spawning on a base, and I could not really jump to get on to the base, so I had to be very precise with my angles to spawn it and still be able to aim the cursor at the seat. Luckily, I was able, and I was prepared, so it only took me 30 seconds of trying to spawn and enter the new blueprint craft to fix myself.

I am not sure other players might think to do this themselves, and may not be in a position where they are able, so this could in theory destroy a savegame as far as a player is concerned.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

Confirmed reproducible, I just did it on the Empyrion official server moments ago, I got trapped with just barely not enough pentaxid to warp out of the central star sector after a long distance warp, and had to take off my helmet to suffocate myself to respawn back at my base, and when I respawned there I was stuck upside down again.

This time I took screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/UAeBFLe

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you remember which POI you spawned in? Default vanilla MP or a scenario?

4. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

It's the official Empyrion MP server, running Invader vs Defender or whatever. I died a few meters outside of a CV of my own design in space and respawned in my own base in a medic station on a planet which I had set as home spawn.

5. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

6. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

Is more info still needed?