v1.6.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Full v1.6 patch notes can be found here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/v1-6.98777/

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Here is the changelog for v1.6.1 with some fixes we have been working on. Have fun and please report bugs and problems as usual - thanks a lot!

Hotfix: 2021-09-22 v1.6.1 (Build 3510)

Fixes:
    - Fix for color & texture tool rapidly rotating textures
    - Fixed an exploit

Updated IvD scenario:
    Changes:
    - Add new changes to LoadingScreenConfig.yaml
    - Add second sun (Neutron Star) to Cygnus System
    - Add new changes to LoadingScreenConfig.yaml

Fixes:
    - Fixed Merdar Start PDA Mission
    - Fixed Trader Buy/Sell on Carbon Substrate (PlasticMaterial)

[BB]Drifter, Robot Shark and bcbarnes like this.
  2. Balkoth

Balkoth Ensign

Hello!

Thanks for continuing to update the game I love so much.

With the recent changes to the game, it seems that the emissive textures took a hit to their radiance, and as a result they are less "glowy". As a builder, this does impact the effect of using them to generate things such as faux engine thrust radiance, radiated or molten surfaces, or a number of other illuminated surface ideas we like to use.

Presumably Eleon is aware of this, perhaps this was done to increase performance? Or is there a revision or fix in the works?

3. Aspencade

Aspencade Ensign

In the words of Spanj..."Empyrion please fix".
    This update sucks...my game is now too dark to see even with the "brightness" turned up to 60 (it was at 0) I can not see the game. The update messed up the ability to see the environment so the listed updates of better textures and other fixes can not been seen. I CANT PLAY THE GAME. Nothing was done to the system BUT the update so it has to be the 1.6 update. I was just about to leave the starter planet and expand into the starter system and now I can not play. Also, I tried to mine some Silicon and 3 times went from being underground mining to over 500ft above the ground (in the miner) just suddenly. PLEASE fix this so I can see in the game.

ADDING this I found out since posting the above Wednesday. I can not progress thru the missions. It will not let them progress or allow me to click them as completed and move on so I am stuck. no progress on my missions. IN this case I am unable to complete the "send and receive" it does not let me complete plugin in the antenna and I can not click it. I am going to run Steams file verification and see if that helps but none of this was going on before the update. On the above "being dark issue" I can only see things in the day time on the planet IF on the surface. In the base it is to dark unless I make and place light units all over the place. Like 4 -6 of them in each area. That is in addition to the ones that were there. In the Abandoned POI I am using as a base is multi level and has a lot of rooms, areas and as I rebuilt part of it into 2 hangers and landing areas needs more lights added to get the same basic lighting I had before the update.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    stanley bourdon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.