UPDATE v1.6.3

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Here is the changelog for v1.6.3 with some fixes we have been working on. Have fun and please report bugs and problems as usual - thanks a lot!

As always please note:
    Report bugs and issues for the public release right over here:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

2021-10-12 v1.6.3 (Build 3512)

Changes:
    - Improved darkness with post processing inside structures

Fixes:
    - Removing O2/Fuel from tanks via logistics deletes them
    - Vessels sporadically moving after playfield changes when setup on a repair block
    - Set of decorations not working correctly with deco knock down system -> fixed | DeadTree02aPrefab, AkuaBush1Prefab, OmicronPlantPrefab, OmicronWaterleafPrefab
    - Fixed an exploit

EAH:
    - https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download/patch-notes-emp-admin-helper-full

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Again thank you for the update and the fixes. :thumpUp:

Upd. : I would like to add that after playing the game on 720 I think it is very gorgeous as if I am on 1080, apart some blurriness here and there, which means the game is more GPU friendly. I hope those who need low resolution to play on older or weaker GPUs than mine (GTX1070) will find to more pleasurable now.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Germanicus likes this.
  3. Bob [OG]

Bob [OG] Commander

how about an option to disable?

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Might be added in the future yes

This was the first step

Bob [OG], KRanKO5 and Germanicus like this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Looks like the "advance Core / player" is broken.

I updated the game, started a new one on medium difficulty, spawned a base with the SBP console command enabled and added some devices. Got a warning for exceeding CPU limit, so I changed the normal "green" core for an advance Core, but warnings continued and the generator eventually overloaded.

I quit the game, re-loaded my save, replaced broken devices, removed and re-added the advance Core and warnings for exceeding CPU still come in, and eventually generator blows up again...

Something I missed in some patch notes regarding the Advance Core ?

NewGame_2021-10-12_10-50-02.png

Edit : the spawned base is a simple armored concrete block 40 x 40 x 10, with just a few devices added a few blocks below the top.

KRanKO5 and Germanicus like this.
  6. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

@Kassonnade how long are you waiting before powering it on AFTER adding the core?
    The default game has a delay when adding or removing CPU tiers before it recalculates (I believe it's 60 or 120 seconds, but might be more).

Since adding that core technically is a change to the CPU tier (disabled tier) it might also have that delay before it recalculates.

Just an idea, might be wrong. I'm not at home to test for you right now.

7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

This has no link to the problem.

I started yet another game, medium difficulty, this time making sure the CPU was OFF, as it is by default anyways (I almost never play with CPU on).

I spawned the same base (40x40x10 armored concrete slab) and right after spawning it I removed the normal "green" player core and placed the advance Core on top level. I then added all devices that I placed in my previous game, put fuel + pentaxid + O2 in tanks and turn the base switch "on". I immediately got an alert for exceeding CPU limit.

Then I just put a T4 CPU extender on the base, and alerts stopped immediately. Advance Core is just there for decoration, it is obviously without effect. But that's not even the point : CPU is disabled from the game start anyways...

NewGame_0_2021-10-12_14-32-22.png

I saved and exited the game and Steam completely, and restarted. Loaded my savegame, base runs fine. I removed the T4 CPU extender, and maybe 10 seconds later I got the alert for exceeding CPU limit, with the Advance Core still there.

NewGame_0_2021-10-12_14-45-23.png

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    KRanKO5 and krazzykid2006 like this.