v1.7.8 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Mar 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

We have some more fixes now released on the public branch.

As always please note:
    Report bugs and issues for the public release right over here:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Patch: 2022-03-14 v1.7.8 (B3720)

Fixes:
    - NPC's found dropping under terrain when the player is mining close to them
    - Mining with the survival tool causes character movement
    - Teleporters in trading station BAO_Waystation-02 were set to off

EAH:

- https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download/patch-notes-emp-admin-helper-full

2. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

Optimization kills me, 24/40 FPS with FX8350 4.2Ghz, 16G-Ram + RX580.
    And the Talons' 1st mission runs at 9/20 FPS. I think something is wrong, ETS2 at maximum quality 56 FPS.
    I do not know how it would be in multiplayer since the EAC does not work on Linux, which according to Epic Games has support for Linux.-

3. codem

codem Ensign

This patch has destroyed my game. I've spent months playing and building stuff by scratch and a "patch" breaks is? That's not acceptable software engineering. This wasn't a major update... just a patch. some of the issues include.. jetpack constantly on when on a planet. I can literally fly off the planet if I wanted to. Terrain rendering is all screwed up. Planets are a mess. No grids on map, no fog of war. etc. etc.

I'll upload some images. It's issues like this which really can kill the game. It's not like we are immortals and can just blow away months of creations.... game progress and explorations

Maybe.. just maybe.. give people the option to opt out of updates or the ability to back out an update when is screws everything up....

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Did you check your...problems... with the Vanilla Game too, or only while using Reforged Eden?
    If the same happens to you in the Vanilla game than I suggest that you make a proper Bug Report.

Myrmidon likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    From your attached screenshots I'm guessing you used the changemode command & didn't use it again before exiting the save game ?

Try this go into the save with this issue &:
    1) Use the change mode command again to change it back to survival
    2) Exit back to the main menu & close the game down then navigate to the cache folder & delete the folder that has the same name as the save game you just exited:
    "Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache"
    3) Start the game back up again & load in to the save

Please ALWAYS use the command again before exiting a save game to switch it back to survival or use a separate creative mode save.

====

A note about this commands use will be added in the near future in the console.

cmguardia and Germanicus like this.
  6. codem

codem Ensign

I was not in change mode.

I started a new game and I was able to copy my player file over so that I had all my experience and stuff. I tried the old trick of placing a CV starter block and then copied my CV files over from save game. What I got was a bizarre mutated ship.. kind of looked like mine but pieces in the wrong place, warp engine through the pilot chair, turrets wrong, a giant drill replacing some engines... it was a little cool.. but this tells me there must of been more than just a minor change. At least I was able to salvage all my supplies from the ship.

Also.. what you mention would not cause planets to render in all weird and misshapened landscapes.

7. codem

codem Ensign

I did a new game with the same mods and the game works fine. Loading in a save game does not. Hence I suspect something more fundamental to the underlying structure of files must have change to get such bizarre behavior.

Germanicus likes this.
  8. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

I found this terrain error on the initial planet, and the repetition of the first ones are constant when making a new one, I went to cut trees for the mission of the Talon and I get the mission of the Starry Ship again, when I had already done it, it does not crash the game but some missions are restarted, when completing others.-

Attached Files:

cmguardia likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yeah, those are happing from time to time since A8+ and they are not reliable to trigger for the Devs.
    Normally if you restart your game or jump out take a Tool and drill on the edges of the 'terrain Error' it vanishes.

10. Taski

Taski Ensign

Tell me please. Started a new game in version RE1.7 on Rogue planet. Vanilla's initial quests passed without any problems. Having reached the quest, where it is necessary to visit the trading station, there was a problem: it is not on the planet. Perhaps it is necessary to search in Alpha&Beta systems?

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

12. Taski

Taski Ensign

I'm sorry! I didn't notice that I'm in the wrong branch :oops:

cmguardia and Germanicus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.