Vehicle Camera

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slam Jones, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hi, not sure if it's been suggested yet (a cursory search yielded nothing similar), but I've had an idea for a Vehicle Camera block. Basically, this would simply allow you to zoom your view while in said vehicle (perhaps different types with different levels of zoom), similar to weapon zoom, but maybe with a different cross-hair overlay.

It could use the same mesh as the Vehicle Spotlight to begin with.

In my mind, it would be independent of any weapons systems, so you could still use it on, say, a small unarmed scout ship.

2. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I'm not sure on a vehicle camera but a weapons camera would be nice especial for weapons on the wings.
    allow me to view what I'm shooting at with a proper cross hair.

Or we could get a space suit helmet add-on / replacement equipped with "Video Enhancement Goggles" like in X-universe games great for recon terrible for aiming.

3. Neil

Neil Captain

Allowing one vehicle camera could be interesting, or more than one but must be selectable. The visual could be in the cockpit and in realtime as you fly. :) I'd love a backup camera! Or even a down looking one!

Slam Jones likes this.
  4. lazersgm

lazersgm Ensign

i would love a backup camera to get out of my CV or when mining. would be very handy.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Olija

Olija Ensign

I second this! I was just thinking the other day that the game needs cameras and you can cycle through them if you want. Especially a backup camera. AND even the ability to use the cameras as a sonar detection system that you can wire through the "P" menu. So like if the ship is getting close to an object or something you can set it to cut off the engine or the forward thrusters. Idk something cool like that, I'd totally play around with that.

6. Neil

Neil Captain

Backup cameras were a technology first used in the early 2000's but were found to be of no practical use so use was a dead end.

7. Searcher

Searcher Lieutenant

it must be also possible to add a virtual display with the view from that camera. i love it! no more outside view landings