Unknown Skies - Long Term Server (Since 2015), Modded, Perks, Family Friendly!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Keith Hovey, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Iorail

Iorail Ensign

Here is a highlight of Sunday's Event, Head Shoot Moment capture on video, enjoy!

Sunday Special Events for players, and there is one coming up tomorrow again, Dead Maze happening one more time for those who want to join! Everyone is welcome, even lvl 1's, everything you need will be provided for you! lol

Still here, loving this server, best out there.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Retooling website completed AND adding some new features!

3. lactobeezor

lactobeezor Ensign

Not played MP yet but when I do will goto your server. Do you use a dedicated chat program like team speak or ventrilo?

BakerAble likes this.
  4. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

5. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*UPDATED* With new changes to our group. New Web Page, New focus, More servers added, More mature community, New things incoming all the time! Come check us out!

6. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*Updated some things for Compliance, Updated Playfields, Changed some things on our community Page.

7. Lord Kazuhito

Lord Kazuhito Ensign

Solid server, rarely down. Strong admins too.

8. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Updated Website and This post, Added More playfields to server, and finally cleaning up this mess of information lol.

9. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Updated for the Verified server process, Further information provided on this post, and more server improvements (as of 6/23/17 we added a second server for experimentation and general testing of every change to work out bugs before we push it to our main public server).

10. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*bump*

11. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

New updates incoming. Server wipe scheduled for friday morning @ 9:00 AM EST. Lots of changes! Will be updating this post to reflect changes.

12. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*MAJOR UPDATES*

• New Map to make way for the upcoming "Galaxy Lives" Project and a second Galaxy.
    • Zascosium, Erestrum have nearly been entirely removed (hoping to make parts trading profitable, and control some of the Glut)
    • Only TWO trade stations on entire map!! Event Orbit and Charter Orbit
    • Made some interesting New planets that have been added to the Sectors!
    Keep checking back as we are just completing stage 2 of our server changes. We still need MORE playfields, Newer POI's, and a few ideas for more content :)

13. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

New Event Added - Dread Arena Event Video (Revision 3) - Click Here

14. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

15. Zulu

Zulu Ensign

cool server, I also have my own, but playing on yours looks like less work and youve done what I intended to.

16. Zulu

Zulu Ensign

are you managing to update to 7.0 without wiping?

17. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Honestly Im not sure if we can or not until 7.0 is released as they have changed some things in the core yaml files and may change more. Its a waiting game. BUT! If we have to reset we will be giving HUGE starter packs. We have to come up with a plan yet. Ought to join our discord, check out our website, and take up the discussion this saturday! I intend on having a meeting involving the issues we will end up facing at the release of 7.0 as I doubt we will know enough to make a decision until 7.0 is released.

18. Zulu

Zulu Ensign

I've setup a server running the unstable branch, and it's not really that different at all, although I'm getting into new games now since the 'update' has been so disruptive. I really can't get back into it with losing all my work. (on the oblivion server) The game was actually looking pretty good. Great sever btw, you've done a great job and have a very well thought out map.
    Admin helper works on the unstable branch really well, so it shouldn't need any work to transfer that. You may want to ask the oblivion server how that give starter packs automatically, unless I remembered that wrong.

All the best,

19. Zulu

Zulu Ensign

If you want to collaborate. I have my own server also, used for other things, but I can host on it. You could test out stuff on that server.

20. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

That map actually took me a long time to get right as we tried well over 20 different plans hahahaha. Its only half finished atm with a LOT more development coming. Now that I have a few people helping with the project its only a matter of time before we have something really amazing. Or at least thats the hope :) You worked on oblivion? New games ehh? Yeah we are currently hosting more than just empyrion with more coming in over time as money permits. I expected admin helper to be the easy part of the transition. Its everything else im worried about. Every major release seems to work at first with the old map then as it grows closer to release the problems grow. Its not ALWAYS the case just how things go sometimes. Im aiming as always NOT to wipe BUT I am always prepared should it be necessary. It requires testing once it goes into full release. Im always up for collaboration but im working on a more reliable way to do it without opening up our community to bad elements that may use the knowledge against us. A lot of servers seem kind of hostile lately ESPECIALLY towards us.