Unknown Skies - Long Term Server (Since 2015), Modded, Perks, Family Friendly!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Keith Hovey, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Name: UnknownSkies
    Slots: 80
    EAC: Active

Server Location: USA

Admin Ingame Name: Chilimeat, P4ND4, Sl0p0ke, Monsta
    Admin Forum contact: Chilimeat, Shadeon

Offers donations or perks: Yes

Infolink to Web Pages: Donations Page, Empyrion Community Page
    Uses 3rd Party Tool: EAH, NCMR
    Discord Invite: Click Here

Savegame started with version: 8.0.5 RC1
    Mode: Survival
    Seed: Main - Multiple seed numbers.

MP Type: Custom Scenario
    Scenario Name: Unknown Skies
    Scenario Workshop link: Custom

Maximal Blueprint Spawn Class: 9
    Allowed BP Types: ALL (owned, subscribed, stock)

Decay Time: 12
    (Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited)
    Wipe Time: 336
    (Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited)
    Protect Time: 24
    (Time during which structures are offline protected)

Maximum Structures per playfield: 200
    Antigrief Distance: 30m
    AntiGrief Zones: PvE
    AntiGrief Ore Distance: 30m
    AntiGrief Ore Zones: PvE and PVP
    Max Block Count: Active
    (Max count for certain devices per vessel or structure, e.g. turrets, fixed weapons..)

Allow alliances between Origins: Yes
    (Yes = will allow alliances with or join factions from other Origins)
    Auto-allied within Origin: No
    (Yes = Factions of the same Origin are allied per default)
    FriendlyFire in PvP: Yes
    (Yes = will not damage any allied structure even in PvP. Will still hurt players)

Global Marketplace: Available but limited due to in game restrictions we have no control over.

Difficulty Settings:

Escape content: Medium
    Player progression: Faster
    Amount of Ore: Plenty
    Number of Deposits: Normal (No normal Deposits, all meteors, Zas and Erestrum is almost exclusively in space)
    Drone Base Attack: Hard
    Drone presence: High
    Enemy Spawn rate: High
    Attack Strength: Hard
    Constructor Crafting Time: Faster
    Blueprint Production Time: Faster
    Degradation Speed: Low
    Radiation Temperature: Low

Additional Info:

Welcome to the unknown skies gaming community. We are most likely the oldest community still here (Opened our private empyrion server in nov 2015, made it public in april of 2016), and not super well known. We have recently begun reworking our community, our empyrion server, and adding a LOT to our current server lineup. We host Empyrion, Ark, Minecraft, and a few other games as asked by our community :). We also have private, community only servers just for our patrons because well... They fund the whole project and they deserve a huge thank you for that! Check out our website, stop into discord, and log into our servers and you will quickly see why we have been here for so long!

Unknown Skies Web Page - Click Here
    Server Statistics Page - Click Here

Contact Page - Click Here
    Start an Enjin page today - Click Here
    Mods and Features:

• Integrated Discord Bridge - Courtesy of Mortlath later integrated into EAH
    • Lots of Ex Administrators / Current private server owners play here along with dozens of players with thousands of hours and counting because they like the community and know our admins can handle problems when they occur.
    • The community is sizable and makes you feel welcome! Mostly. We encourage players to be helpful and remember that its just a game :) Problems are dealt with fairly and predictably.
    • /bank command - Faction bank
    • /backpack - Carries across wipes and is FREE full slots fully featured! (Courtesee of LostInSpace)
    • Most of our donations for services or in game additions are based on the idea that no one plays alone.
    • list of Server Commands in PDA Knowledge base - Chilimeat
    • Buy Hybrid ships, cool stations, and lots of perks and additions!
    • Extensive Community Store Front - Chilimeat
    • Automated Vote Rewards System - Active and working - Courtesy of Mortlath
    • Dynamic Event system - Sample working on Terek - Chilimeat / LotsOfLuck2K
    • Standardized Backend Website Integration - Pending / In Progress
    • EAH featuring Global Autominer, Complex logging system, Chatbot, CSW, and Locked Down Charter Planets that are faction owned - Courtesy Of Eleon as licensed from Jascha of HWS.
    Hardware Specifications - Main:
    • Ram - 128GB ddr3 667Mhz Cas 9-9-9-24 1T (Upgradable to 788GB)
    • CPUs - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690 8core Processors (16 physical cores, 32 logical) @ 3.3Ghz
    • Server - Dell poweredge r620 With Dual 480GB SSD's
    • OS - Windows server

[​IMG]

-DISCLAIMER-
    Verified Servers are neither run, nor owned by Eleon Game Studio staff, but are 100% driven by community members (owners). Eleon Game Studios provides the dedicated server files for free. Any costs that result from being hosted at a 3rd party hoster, are subject of the individual contract between the owners and the 3rd party hoster. The Verified Server initiative does not offer compensation or other monetary gifts or other, similar advantages for the owners of 3rd party hosted servers.
    The owners are fully responsible what happens on their server(s) in terms of user management and world layout. If you do not agree with the servers administration, please file a complaint directly at their admins. Eleon Game Studios staff can not moderate or manage such complaints. Eleon Games Studios can not be held responsible for bad behavior of either the owners or their admins towards their players - although this will lead to a removal of the Verified Server label. Same applies to update frequency of the server and technical issues that are not related to the game itself (aka "bugs").
    If you run into a game issue, please report this at our bug forums:
    http://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    SacredGlade, Cervictus and BakerAble like this.
  2. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*Updated*

3. BakerAble

BakerAble Commander

As a new member in recent weeks to the server, and my 1st ever experience in MP after 500+ hrs in SP, I can say I'm very impressed with the format and helpful admins. Keeps me coming back for more.

Looking forward to experiencing what's in place with recent server updates and what's coming next.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*Updated*

5. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*Updated Again lol*

6. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Bump.

7. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

You have some info about your server but there's a few things I'm curious about.

Do you do scheduled/regular restarts of the playfields/server?
    Do you do scheduled/regular resets of playfields/POIs? Some planets? All? How often? Is there a calendar somewhere?
    Is there a forum somewhere or steam group?
    Can you talk a little about the layout of your galaxy? I see you've set it up with choke points for each sector, do you expect these to be hot spots for pvp? What other things were planned into the layout?
    Are the resources spread out or clustered together?
    What are the starting planet difficulties set to? Other planets? (I like everything set to hard/difficult/omgwhy)

Feel free to tell me I ask too many questions ;) I do know that some things are better left to discovery... But some of this might help to attract permanent players as well.

8. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

9. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Playfield servers are unloaded when empty, and server has regular 12 hour restarts. I would do more but this is currently unnecessary on our current hardware.

Resets are posted after a vote to reset a playfield. We do not schedule playfield wipes currently as it is unnecessary at the present moment. It usually gets announced and voted on.

We do have a steam group and a website currently being built. There WILL be a forum eventually once the website is completed :) Our community was just made public a week ago. Until then application was filtered and we had a password set.

There is a lot planned into the layout of our sector map. There is a more up to date map and explanation on our unknownskies.com page. More information will become available as we progress. This is still a work in progress.

Resources are VERY spread out and abundant. This may change in the future, but again this is a work in progress!! As our little community grows our server changes. Some of it changes live.

Starting planet difficulty ranges quite a bit. From easy to WTF is this supposed to be? lol

Other planets have a range of difficulty from "ok I can sleep anywhere" to "omg run, run, run, dodge, guns out, wtf is that thing?"

Our dream is to be able to accommodate a wide range of players with a fairly dynamic mix of playfields and environmental variables. Again this is all a work in progress while we grow quickly. We are bringing a LOT of single player people into the multiplayer game with what we offer and we have a very helpful community :) If anyone has any more questions I would gladly answer them and please do stop by for a visit!!

10. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Appreciate it :) Looking for a new home for a mixed group of pvp'ers and pve'ers... Hope to see you in-game soon.

11. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

We hope to see you in game as well :) By the by we updated some information @ unknownskies.com adding maps, an intro, and a lot of other new tidbits, and will be updating this post again here in the very near future. We are even in the process of performing a resource survey that will give players a clearer picture of whats available sector to sector.

12. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

A few new events added, and some more stuff. Plus bump lol

13. Cervictus

Cervictus Ensign

If you're looking for a great community with an awesome admin team, Unknown Skies is what you're looking for. I recently started the game, having fiddled around in single player just long enough to learn some basics. It wasn't long before I wanted to move to multiplayer as that's one of the main features that drew me to EGS. In the past week, we've had base raids, hover death races, destruction derbies, and multiple planet invasion events. The admin team is active and fair, trying their damnedest to make Unknown Skies a server the EGS community can be proud of, and I believe they've done just that.

Pros:
    Active, fair admins
    Mature, helpful community
    Server-wide scheduled events with their own prizes (invasions, races, destruction derbies, etc)

Cons:
    You haven't tried it yet, come on in!

14. Iorail

Iorail Ensign

I started playing on this server 2 weeks ago and is by far the best MP server out there. Admins are very fair and friendly, they actually do play with you and do not abuse their powers, ever. Chat is mature, server behaves flawless and the player base is helpful. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a nice place to play. Very PVE friendly but with the right dose of PVP also. 5 stars :cool:

15. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Started fresh 4.0 on Omino... oh... my...

The insanity of it all! Drones everywhere, nasty ankle biters... GET SOME!! GET SOME! GET... dead.

I haven't had this much fun dying over and over in a long time :)

If you decide to join the proud and the few on Omino... bring a drill... dig a hole... say goodbye to your loved ones cuz you're going to be down there a long while!

16. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Thank you VERY much for all the positive reviews!!! Its nice to have players that love our server :) Thank you!

17. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Looking to add a comprehensive player contributed survival guide to the web site! How do you get off to a good start after crash landing? Any advice for raiding POI's? Best weapons to use when and why? Where do you go to gather what materials? Favorite starter planet? Have any ships you recommend? Why recommend them? Best creatures for the hunt for food? Details Matter to those who crash and hope to survive.

[​IMG]

18. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Hello, folks!

I'd like to add my voice to the praising for the Unknown Skies admins. They are putting SOLID work into maintaining a high-quality, entertaining server, with a good community. They use EAH for maintenance, and are very responsive to their users.

A crack team of admins, great support, a growing, information-loaded website, and more!

If you want a good place to give PvPvE a try, you can't do better than Unknown Skies.

Hope to see you at one of my Waffle Hauses. :)

--Brian

19. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Bump

20. BakerAble

BakerAble Commander

Survival guide has been added to the website. Check it out!

SacredGlade and Calabris like this.