Fixed Vessel through texture, player pull from one side of the vessel to an other [7313]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by titi5187, May 7, 2020.

1. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

Hello EmpyrionTeam :)

Mode: (Eleon Server A12)
    Mode: (Dedicated Server )

SERVER NAME: (Eleon Studio - Experimental Branch Test Server 12.3.0 )
    SEED-ID: (N/A)
    VERSION : 12.3 build 2891

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: ( Texture issue - Vessel)

Summary: One of my small vessel which was docked in my capital vessel through a texture and it's bug everything a lot.

Description: One of my small vessel which was docked in my capital vessel through a texture and it's bug everything a lot. The vessel looks like making gravity which pull me from one side to an other in the vessel. It happen one time and my player have been eject from the CV and pop on a planet.

Steps to Reproduce: I'm don't no specialy how it happen. I would say that when you park your small vessel quickly on a CV. It looks like the CV does not detect that the small vessel is not dock properly and when we moved the vessel the small one do not moved with it.
    So best thing to try to reproduce it will be :
    - Put a CV 100m above the ground on a planet
    - Let the power on on the CV
    - Get a SV docked in your CV
    - Go out and come back to your CV.
    - Moved the CV and repeat operation until the bug happen.

I disconnected from the server for now. If you want to see it in real I can give you my ID and name of the vessel to see it by yourself on the official experiment eleon server A12:)
    I think I won't play until the PHASE IV so no problem to wait I'm gonna play on solo for now.

I made a video during the bug.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuZhaLvp_l9PYckypZrmz1aOCqzuV4Bb/view?usp=sharing

The CV can't be move anymore because it detect a SV is not docked which is normal it is inside the CV texture ^^.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  2. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

This is not a texture issue. The Type should be 'Collision Mesh, Docking'. Or something similar.

Also please confirm that this bug happens when your small vessel is DOCKED in the CV. I know you shouldn't be able to move the CV without all SVs being docked, but the devs will need to know whether there's a bug allowing you to move the CV with undocked vessels inside it, or if a docked vessel is randomly moving. Those are two completely different bugs.

I ask because this very much looks like a CV was temporarily able to move with an undocked SV in it.

3. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

Thank you for the answer. I made a lot of test to give you a better feedback.

In fact, in my previous report, the issue was due to 2 differents things : Gravity priority and the 'Collision Mesh, Docking'.

The reason why I was upside down and and pull from a side to an other is the inclination of my CV. On a planet (close to the ground) if your vessel is tilt (almost vertical) , whatever you have a gravity generator or not, the priority is the gravity of the planet (maybe the one in the vessel should have the priority ?) That will prevent this kind of issue and from my point of view will make more sense.

The other part is how my SV through my capital vessel.
    Fist thing I'm sure that all vessel is docked when it happen.
    - You need to have a small vessel in the CV.
    - Just use the SV which is docked in your CV.

It looks worst if your vessel is tilt almost to the vertical and on a planet (close to the ground) but it's not mandatory

Video of what happen then : the funny part is at 00:45
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mdNdvNNun4asKigdUyZYsG725gqW03Av/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes your vessel will be just eject from the CV. Sometime it will through a texture.
    An other thing which is really important is that it looks only do it on the official server A12. I spent 4 hours to make it in solo with no success.. 15 minutes to make it works on Experimental alpha 12 server ^^

Hope it will help.

4. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

If this only happens on the official server, but not in a standard SP game, then it is clearly a server issue. While I am not a coding expert, from your video I would guess that a gravity/collision/speed value somewhere is incorrect. But again, this is almost certainly a server issue, and should be fixed at the next update. For right now I wouldn't worry about it. If it continues after the next update, then I would.

Due to your bouncing in the video, I would guess that the gravity of the planet and gravity of your ship are conflicting, and cause your vessels to move eradically when undocked. This is most likely caused by some faulty code/value within the files for the server.

Again, I'm not an expert, and not a dev. Take everything I say with a large grain of salt. ;)

titi5187 likes this.
  5. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

Just to clarify, it also happened (one time) in space to me but still on the EXP A12 server. Will see in the next update :)

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  7. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

Hello,

My steam ID is titi5187
    I was on Pala in the Zizuxra System on the A12 Experimental server.

I'm not sure if it will help but I attached EBP file and bellow their description :
    - KARGO SUPERMAX (reborn) : The first time it happened. I was in space with my CV. I got this vessel (docked in the CV). I just through the texture on the planet and was catapult to a planet - i don't remember the system - (thanksfully an admin on discord help me to figure out the situation)

- FLYA SSV (reborn) : The second time it happened to me but record did not work. I counld not moved the CV because the FLYA SV vessel was fixed in a texture ( cf the first video I sent ) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuZhaLvp_l9PYckypZrmz1aOCqzuV4Bb/view

- Ascalon Reaper LS : The third time it happen. Record was ready ^^ : This is the one on the video when I'm on Pala planet. (please not that I don't remember if it happened during a fire rain) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mdNdvNNun4asKigdUyZYsG725gqW03Av/view

Also my config :
    - AMD Ryzen 3700X
    - RAM : 32GB
    - Aorus Radeon RX 580 8G

Thank you :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

An update have been apply today.

So I made a new test today. Planet Zaoaoa in the system Teeronari. Still the same problem.

I recorded it : First you will see the bug and my vessel thought the texture to go out of the CV and then if you moved forward to the end (almost the end) of the video you will see how I placed the CV (almost to the vertical as I prepared it for the bug).

VIDEO : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LFjqu5dPleiIbZ1CssYLn7hjbrqqYGP/view
    00:00 to 00:30 -- the bug
    01:20 to the end -- how I placed the CV before to make the bug happened

Hope it will help better.

Obviously it made damage inside the CV as well...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  9. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for all the info I'll take a look first thing tomorrow.
    Just to ask you have you experienced this same behavior in A11 also ? at a first glance this doesn't appear to be a new "issue" with A12 but I'll check it out more.

10. titi5187

titi5187 Ensign

Thank you for your answer.

No, I never have this issue in A11 in solo. (but I also never played on server with A11)
    I was not be able to make this "bug" happened on A12 Solo yet.

What I observe on A12 solo is that the gravity of the planet has the priority instead the gravity generator of the CV (but I think that was the same on A11 for this part). So my SV is pulled (by the planet's gravity) out of the vessel by gravity. But this is specific and I did not see the bug. (like on the server)

(A12 solo : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1STp993dyqv4FW9FNypY0P5QkgvH04Y0Z/view )

It looks happened only on server (at least A12).

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  11. Veloceraptor

Veloceraptor Ensign

Version 12.1.0

wehn i start a SV from an CV to the same time/secount
    my SV is glicht in to the CV

-by fly the pilots of bothe ships
    in the same time a way from it
    at start.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    When making a bug report please use the template from here & provide as much information as possible about how this issue can be reproduced
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...uirements-known-issues-troubleshooting.47082/

A blank template can be found here click on the spoiler to expand it:

Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Thanks

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  13. Veloceraptor

Veloceraptor Ensign

Mode: Version 12.1.0.
    Mode: MP Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Yes
    Severity: HIGH, Game breaker

Type:

Summary:
    When both Pilots start at the same time and fly the SV out of the CV
    both Vessel are move it to the same time.
    you ar glitch whit the SV in to a CV

Description:

-you need 2xPilots , 1xSV, 1xcCV

-By Start the SV must dockt in to a hanger at the CV
    -Both Pilots are start a fly at the same time.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. SV must before you start dockt in to a CV
    2. pilot of the SV must start at the same time the CV move his CV an bothe are must fly to teh same time

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Datei von filehorst.de laden

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That is in my book only a case of bad coordination. Not an actual Bug. Only a not well coordinated protocol.
    The same way as no Player can move on the CV around while it is moving no SV should move or take off while not a standstill of the CV is agreed.
    This is no Aircraft Carrier that moves and launches Planes at the same time. This is a game and the current Engine does not take it well if someone ignores it.

Pach likes this.
  15. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for the video it looks quite possibly to be the same issue as the first post in this thread I have merged your original thread with.
    As soon as a fix is ready for this this report will be updated.

titi5187 likes this.