Vessels Inside POIs

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Man_From_Mars, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Man_From_Mars

Man_From_Mars Ensign

I am creating a POI and want to add a small vessel inside for aesthetic purposes. I have tried different cores, no cores, adding vessel to same group as POI, renaming the vessel, stripping it down so it is just blocks and no devices, but every time I start a new Survival game to test it the vessel is no longer inside my POI. Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It "should" be possible. I want to do the same thing for my scenario but I have not gotten around to testing if it works or not yet.

There's basically two ways to do it (assuming it's possible at all):

Fixed POIs, so you can set them exactly where you want.

Random POIs, with the small vessel set to spawn within 1,1 range of the main POI. The vessel will then spawn in the center of your POI, so you'll need to locate your hanger or whatever in the center of your POI blueprint.

Again, I have not had a chance to test this. I'll reply to this thread if I do try it out but I'm not sure when I will get to it.

3. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

'Just' use 'absolute' POI's rather than random POI's.

Basicly you use the same method as in space, but on the planet -> I was told - but havent tried myself - that one can Combine the 2 Methods on the same playfield.

With absolute positions, you can place multiple vehicles in the same Hangar, Looking at the directions you want to.
    I would not rely on random poi placement for this.

4. Man_From_Mars

Man_From_Mars Ensign

I planned on putting the POI in the Steam Workshop so everything has to be uniform for random placement.

5. DeadliestIdiot

DeadliestIdiot Commander

It would be nice if there was a 2D spawning plate that you could assign a BP to. That would of course require either a) packaging the spawned BP within the POI BP or b) setting BP dependencies. Personally, I like the idea of packaging the BP, although that would increase the file size.

6. Man_From_Mars

Man_From_Mars Ensign

I think I'll just have to spawn a vessel then replicate it block by block so it thinks it's just an assortment of blocks.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can copy and paste it onto your POI but it will turn into large blocks.

8. Man_From_Mars

Man_From_Mars Ensign

The copy and paste works and even the vessels are huge after pasting haha. But it will work. Thanks everyone