Volume needs tweaked- breaking early game

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by tabinormal, Dec 16, 2019.

1. tabinormal

tabinormal Ensign

This is t a “you changed something” crying post. I have played since it was one world with nearly 8 bit graphics, so I’m use to change, but the volume as it is breaks the early game.

Specfics:
    There is no way to create a base starter block from a small constructor and place it. The block has a volume of 450, your starting inventory is maybe 250 if you made armor, and there is no wireless on survival constructor.

it means you need to create first from template, but players new to the game won’t be familiar with that, and there’s going to be a lot of rage quitting.

Devs need to tweak the volumes to a playable level.

2. Bar0th

Bar0th Lieutenant

Sounds like a bug, or a modded config. Without mods, and a new save: Base Starter - 350SU, Player inventory capacity (no armour): 500 SU.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Yep. Something's definitely not right somewhere.

4. Average

Average Commander

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Much easier. Make a Container - connect yourself to it -stay close to the Container - activate your F5 Drone ( you can hit T to switch between Inventory and Virtual Toolbar) and use the Drone to place the Starter Block. Works since M/V came up pretty well for me.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  6. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

In Survival (SP) I always run the Robinson Protocol. It's easy XP early on, and leads to some good habits for Multiplayer play. Following the Robinson Protocol, one of the first things of note you do is construct an HV. These are incredibly basic HV's with little more in requirements than the bare basics to make something that operates.

In Multiplayer, building an HV is still one of the very first things I do as well, though these tend to be a bit more complex than Robinson HV's - with at least a storage container, usually a Container Controller and some extensions, a WiFi unit and a Mobile Constructor. This ensures I can produce my starter block, store it in a higher-capacity inventory, link it to the virtual toolbar, and place it with relative ease.

It would certainly be helpful if the mobile constructor could build a BA starter block, rather than having to rely on a portable constructor, but having it make blocks is often enough, while the PC is churning out the more useful basics for a base.

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The SV-Constructor is the Advanced form of the HV-Constructor - no need to know all kind of stuff from the start or even have Constructor from the start that can do it without the need of advancement.

Btw., All my suggestions are based on SP only. I don't play MP and also I like a bit of a challenge.;)
    Over and out.

8. Average

Average Commander