Water and Atmosphere on GasGiantRing planet?

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Desviado, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Desviado

Desviado Ensign

Hi, so im pretty new to setting up systems and im struggling to find a way to make a "habitable planet" with a large gas giant in the sky, a lot like the Empyrion Steam picture. I've changed a moon to a planet with success and included a picture, but it throws a lot of errors, no ctd though. I've also moved a GasGiantRing to a very close proximity to a planet with success but to have them in the same orbit would be ideal. Is there any way to copy paste a planet file onto a moon file? or is there something im missing in eWSSC? Thank you for any pointers. 20200821164834_1.jpg

Germanicus likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can't place a gas giant in the same sector. They're too big to have their own orbit playfield.

3. Desviado

Desviado Ensign

Thank you Ravien. Ok, so probably my best option for this is to have two separate sectors very close together? Is there anyway to modify a moon playfield to mimic a planet playfield? Ie. Water, atmosphere, etc? Im doing more research on how this all works and it seems i may have luck editing the playfield with notepad...

Germanicus likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes moons are the same as planets so you'd just set it as a moon

5. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

You can easily do this in MultiSolar System, although I do not know how well it'll work in the galaxy config. I imagine you'd neet the planets to be farther away because of their size.