We need the Aliens to mount more attacks.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Larry Crider, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Larry Crider

Larry Crider Ensign

I enjoy this game so much but after building a base and having about 3 waves of drone attacks they just stop completely. I also see WARNING troop transport incoming, but it never arrives.

If you fix anything please make the defense of the bases mean something, as it is now I have guns rusting on my base from lack of use.

I see this game being the best ever if this is accomplished. Even after a drone base is destroyed there should be a chance for more Aliens to come in a mother ship and land and make more bases.

Love the game, please keep it up :)

Vengesh likes this.
  2. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

The troop transport acting weirdly is likely a bug, sometimes it does arrive, sometimes doesn't. Generally, the base attacks seem wonky.

I don't think that making aliens attack more often is a solution, though. I'd rather have the attacks they do now work fine, and have their frequency/risk dependant on player's actions. I don't see why and how aliens should deploy forces against me if I basically sit in concealed, underground bunker bothering no one and just tending a vegetable garden.

On ther other hand, if player destroys many drones and raids alien facilities, that should generate some additional "heat", dissipating over time or with defeat of incoming alien assault squads.

Sofa Kingdom and Rvliom like this.
  3. Larry Crider

Larry Crider Ensign

I agree, make your actions of attacking them increase their threat level at you and they seek to destroy you. BUT we can't have them run out of drones so fast, and once transport ships work then we may have a nice war going.

4. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

They shouldn't. Drones also respawn, at least in theory and those attacking your base come from nowhere if I am not mistaken. I suspect that again, like how it is in case of transporters, disappearance of drones is just wonky mechanics that still needs to be fixed.

5. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

6. Larry Crider

Larry Crider Ensign

What I noticed about troop transports is they will fly near your aircraft and attack. I thin k we need them to land, out pop 10 troops attacking your base, your location, etc. If they are going to engage us in the air they need to launch fighter type aircraft to give us more of a thrill in dogfights.

7. Rvliom

Rvliom Ensign

I like what I read about the heat thing, but mostly because I find it an odd strategy to know someone crashes on your planet, you let him (read the player) run around killing everything without retaliation, but when you place a BA core the survivor is suddenly enemy no.1 for 3 attacks and it is done......

I want more drone attacks on my person in the field while running around, larger waves of 3-4 drones. 1 drone is too easy to dispatch...

8. Vengesh

Vengesh Lieutenant

Good idea. It really gets boring after some time. My faction built a base up with over 200 weapon-systems - size class 6. And the only times the weapons shoot is when finally a creature gets too close to the base. Then all 200 weapons fire at the same target. xD

Having drone waves, alien attacks, ... also big ship attacks - this would be awesome! +1

9. Sofa Kingdom

Sofa Kingdom Commander

Instead of the devs spending time programming these situations, I'd prefer the devs allow us to create game scripts. That way modders could design whatever scenario we imagine. We could spawn aliens, meteorites, asteroids, creatures. Set things to attack or flee based on values such as player health, ship health, number of enemy ships, etc. Run scripts on timers, events, etc.

That's the way to go.

Frankyln likes this.
  10. N99024

N99024 Captain

I think I should point this out, you can get more than three waves and the drones can come in numbers of(and I've heard this from others) 6, and it may be possible for even more. However the issue I'm having with drone attacks is the fact that you can't just press the button that is already in the new game GUI to set to either standard with few waves and their done or the infinite hard waves.
    So far you can only turn on the infinite drone waves by editing the play field file. Which again is a pain to do for every save. But I do kinda admit these aliens need a bit more bite after a few waves have passed.

Rvliom likes this.
  11. 80sG-Ed Loo

80sG-Ed Loo Ensign

Ground attacks on my bases along with the air attacks would be good this could start when i attack my first alien base so avoiding early game imbalance. Love the game by the way been waiting for a game like this since the mid 80s.

12. Rvliom

Rvliom Ensign

It was quite early during my learning curve that I started my games with "Overal Drone Presence : High" and "Drone Base Attack : Hard"...
    While I can use a higher Enemy Difficulty as well, the whole idea of making the drones bigger bullet sponge is not fun in the really early game.
    While I can notice a difference between Off, Low, Normal and High for the Overal Drone Presence option... The difference between Easy, Medium and Hard for the Drone Base Attack is just not noticable for me. Wave 1 : 1 drone, Wave 2 : 2 drones, Wave 3 : 3 drones.
    These attacks are goed for Easy, but just don't really cut it for Hard.
    As far as I am concerned if I put:
    1. Drone precence at higher levels the patrols should not only be more numerous, but the amount of drones per patrol should increase as well.
    2. Drone base attacks at higher levels there should be more attacks and the amount of drones as well as ground forces should increase.

Also I would not mind if a planet has 2+ drone bases, which may or may not respawn.

80sG-Ed Loo likes this.