New Weird artefact from SV build (Save)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Scoob, Feb 13, 2019 at 8:28 PM.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Please examine this saved game.

In it, you're sat in my SV. Go external view and look to the right, you'll see a green artefact. This screenshot should help explain it:

Survival - 9.4.0 1175_2019-02-14_01-26-05.png

This artefact first appeared earlier in this game when I placed an SV starter block. For some reason, despite me just having ONE such block, the game placed two, one on top of the other. I did a save / reload at this point and the second one vanished, leaving just the original.

However, as I've been flying around I regularly see these green 3x3 (small block) outlines all over the place. I assumed this was just line the weird floating POI parts bug, that doesn't survive a save / reload cycle. However, this one does...at least for me. Check it out.

Scoob.

2. Gaz

Gaz Ensign

I get this when I spawn things in from the factory I get a duplicate ghost, reload the game and its gone. Then latter while flying around I see green spawn boxes. Also get bits of bases appear in the air sometimes there sometimes not. PS This is not drug related Lol .

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That makes sense. I'm guessing that placing a Starter Block is very much like spawning in a Blueprint from a how it works under the hood perspective. It's rare for things like this to persist after a save / reload cycle though, so hopefully my saved game will be of use. I'm seeing these green ghostly 3x3 squares all over the place in my game, and not just on the planet, but in space too.

Scoob.

4. Gaz

Gaz Ensign

Lots of weird shit going on at the moment, spawned in a SV yesterday half the thrusters visually appeared to be off but if flew fine the control panel said they worked reloaded the game no problem all lit up as they should.

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am afraid i cannot see any artefacts when loading your savegame :(

Can you quantify the issue? like how often x out of 10 times does this happen?

6. Gaz

Gaz Ensign

Here is a double spawn, the start of the weirdness I am expecting random things to pop in any second lol . The game is the latest 9.4 with the latest updates.

Attached Files:

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I got this when I placed the Base Starter Block into the ACTIVE Slot of the VT from a Container. The Game immediately placed it on the ground even if I did not actual place it. I opened with F4 the Connection again and moved the Starter Block to a NON-Active Slot - viola . The Block, even if not being placed, re occurs every 100 m floating along your flight path in the Air as a hollow green Block. Its a Ghost.