what are some of your favorite non empyrion ship designs wishlist for emp?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by The Tactician[ Λ ], Feb 20, 2018.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

sorry for hella long title, but what im asking is do you have any ship designs from say a deviantart concept art or model that might inspire you to make a ship like it or the same thing in the near future? show us the image and if you have a reason explain why :)

2. Modsognor

Modsognor Commander

The ship Valley Forge from the Sci-Fi movie Silent Running (1972).
    I like the idea of large geodesic domes and rescuing the plants from a failed earth. The large long truss with modular attachments.The center section is huge and hard to see at this scale. The halls inside are large enough to drive a HV around.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  3. Modsognor

Modsognor Commander

Any of the ships from the Homeworld game (published 1999) including ships that would fall into our CV, SV, and HV classes. But my favorite is the Bentusi Trade ship with its plain grey unlit armored outer hull and it's bustling and well lit and brightly colored harbour center much like the neon lights of Las Vegas in its hayday. They could also stealth. The small ship on the bottom left is a Frigate for scale.
    [​IMG]
    Another shot of ships from Homeworld. (this game is available on steam)
    The mothership originally designed to be a colony ship, with her fleet of fighters and support vehicles in formation and and a new large ship exiting the construction bay (some of the ships might be captured and not made by this faction). The ship on the right of the picture is 6 research vessels joined together. one of the frigates to the left has a sphere of defensive fighters or drones assigned to it. The Mothership is a close favorite of mine for number one, behind the Bentusi Trader.
    [​IMG]

4. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Wow, awesome thread. I might steal an idea or two, and pass it along to one of my builder buds. Niagara Warrior.
    He loves attempting concept builds.

5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

homeworld is by far the best RTS game on steam in my opinion good choices

Modsognor likes this.
  6. Modsognor

Modsognor Commander

Not really a base, but I think of this old cartoon from Omni Magazine whenever I see a part of an old ship as a starter base POI.
    [​IMG]

7. Modsognor

Modsognor Commander

last post here. I feel like I'm overdoing it, but so many great designs to choose from.
    in the 1970s and 80s, i use to always buy Omni Magazine, still have them and almost like new. Nothing like it sense. But one of the many artists that had material published in it was John Berkey. Do yourself a favor and google search images for this name. A very prolific spaceship painting artist. God, the hopes and dreams we had for the future of space then. Now we can't even send an astronaut to the International Space Station without the help of the Russians.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  8. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

My inspirations usually come from sci-fi books I've read and the images that appeared in my mind as I read them.

Doesn't everyone have a movie playing in their heads when they read? :p

9. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Would love to see some of these guys recreated as hover vessels:
    I absolutely loved this game as a kid (and now since its remastered).

[​IMG]

Trying to recreate a recycler myself.
    Also these guys would be cool:

[​IMG]

As for a capital vessel....
    [​IMG]

Given the angles / shapes / geometry of the models involved (with the exception of ISDF recycler) they're all definitely possible.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  10. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

The new Jupiter 2.... but alas, no proper curve blocks, or even more gentle slopes.. Large blocks really too big for this, which means no docked HV in the garage... and poor console selection, especially passenger seats with instrumentation... :(

landing.jpg J2cockpit.jpg