What are your hopes for 10.0?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spacefarmer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Bollen

Bollen Commander

Totally! They should've allowed us to put things in the ship's 'belt' ages ago...!

2. Supay

Supay Commander

Seems Caves might be coming to alpha 10...

So far guessing by the hints, but nothing confirmed, we got shields both personal(Weapon?) and vehicles.
    More building shapes!
    Base attacks and take overs from Zirax and Talon factions.
    Possible caves and detectors overhauled to be more useful?

The unity upgrade will bring some performance increase along with the tessellation?

All speculation but who knows?

Bollen and spacefarmer like this.
  3. Mike Pence

Mike Pence Ensign

New playable races.
    Visual customizable armor.
    Hydration and exhaustion.
    More melee weapons and attachable "bayonets" on our weapons.
    Robot guards.
    Lazer minigun.

Also get the other factions to send nasty attacks at your base.
    I don't wanna turn on my Ziraxbros.

SoCalExile likes this.
  4. Zycrus

Zycrus Ensign

I really wish they added some sorts of personal shields that you can discover somewhere a recipe for it or actually as a loot, a shield that is a bonus to your health and while the shield lasts you can't take damage to your health, diseased or something similar, of course i want the shield to require a lot of resources and/or a long casting time so you can't simply use it in the middle of battle or similar, would be really nice when raiding bases that have those gross alien scorpions that give heartattacks xD
    Also some sort of deep waters on planets and the ability to make submarines would be quite cool too, i can imagine some crazy cool looking submarines *-*
    Flying aliens, man eating plants, automaton robots that can go around with you, defend you, gather resources, board vessels, repair vehicles etc. ,
    Ability to create tech suits that walk on the ground would be so cool too *-* .
    I got a lot of ideas taht would be quite cool and interesting on a game with such a huge amount of possibilities *-*

Supay likes this.
  5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

A deconstruction drone that you can assign to a captured build and it will take it apart for you.
    The drone would deposit the parts in a nearby container that the player would place for the drone to use.

Make sure you guard it so someone else does not raid your loot.
    Deconstruction can be halted by destroying the drone.

Sephrajin, SacredGlade and Kard like this.
  6. Kard

Kard Lieutenant

Although I would not consider this a high priority feature, I really really like it, for immersion. It could be combined with the blueprint spawning feature: Pick a blueprint, place it, and then the timer starts. During the construction time, drones/bots appear and start building the blueprint. And, as mentioned, they can be a deconstructor of captured POI's or older structures/ships.
    Heck, you can even add this visual system to the RepairBays. Instead of the magic green box, a little swarm of these constructor drones come out and start zapping the ship back to life.

7. Relo@d

Is there a timeframe for A10 release? Before summer or after?

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Nothing I've seen yet.

spacefarmer likes this.
  9. Neurosol

Neurosol Lieutenant

I love this game still the beginning. I played more than 1000 hours on it and the work done by the dev is awesome.
    However, two problems remains that i hope it disappears in Alpha 10/11/12, etc... :

- Automaticaly unlock tech-tree componants with correspondant levels because it is boring to unlock each item manually.
    In the beginning of developpement, i thought that devs follow some "Supreme Commander" logic, like T1/T2/T3 thechnology only dependant on the ressources you collected.
    - Weapon dispersion for IA: armed ennemies still too precises when firing, even if you fire on them.

Other wishes concern space gameplay : Giant-gas planet, space patrols, jump drive with coordinates. Possibility to built structures or POI on some asteroÏds.
    Also better interractions with factions, gain or lose territories.
    Shields for vessels or base, even for player.

10. Javarox87

Javarox87 Commander

One thing that is prevalent in space is ice. The thing we don’t have in the game is a form of water in space. It would be pretty darn cool to mine ice on space asteroids for water and oxygen especially when your space station is in orbit of a lava planet.

Maris, Inappropriate, Bollen and 10 others like this.
  11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Captain

An overhaul of HV & SV thrusters/RCS.
    It's Long overdue, and now with mass/volume it became very urgent.

Inappropriate and SGP Corp like this.
  12. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

An increase to the number of minable asteroids in any given belt or field. I’ve seen fields with nothing more than 1 or 2 silicon asteroids, out of hundreds of unmineable rocks.

More “life” - more ships in space, interactions between other factions - such as, if a Zirax drone takes a shot at me while I’m at a Polaris Trading Post and hits the post, the Polaris folks should Fire on the offending drone. Creature interactions - predators hunting and killing prey.

Other Events - drone attacks are one thing, but other events would be great too - swarms of cashew beetles trying to get at our crops, herds of triceratops migrating and blocking our solar panels, disease outbreaks - a visit from a Polaris Traveling Trader, or a Talon Tribeman looking for some food.

NPC HV’s going about, doing their thing, and perhaps most of all, SV’s coming and going from both space stations and those Transportation Hubs.

And, if we can get that - a Transpirt-For-Hire type craft from transport hubs that can shuttle us either between transport hubs or between transport hubs and space stations, for a price.

Maris, Inappropriate, Bollen and 2 others like this.
  13. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

I love it ! XD

spacefarmer likes this.
  14. Liang

Liang Commander

Water starting planet
    Fishing/Water life
    Submersible Vehicle
    Aquarium to "grow" fish and for 1 for display
    Ability to "herd/farm" animals for meat/milk
    Unity 2018 working properly

Supay likes this.
  15. Supay

Supay Commander

It would be neat to have dens/hives of alien creatures that come out in mass at night. Than pair that with planets that have super slow rotation so night last for a long time and we could have a pitch black type event? :D

16. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Lieutenant

I would like to see darker nights. As of now, the flashlight and floodlights are not nearly as useful as I would like them to be. Maybe introduce it as a server variable.

17. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

What hints are you referencing?

18. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

It would be neat to have moon phases so some nights are darker and some are brighter.

19. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

I'd like more NPC crew options and even paintable parts on the models (other than just the guns on the guards) to give a crowded room more variety. Maybe have the models be associated with 2 or 3 sides of a block so you can color shirts, pants and other features separately.

Sephrajin, Bollen and Maverick241 like this.
  20. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Commander

I remember playing Fallout 4 which had bright nights. Once I installed a darker night modes...wow, what a difference. With limited vision to see threats it actually gave me a reason to hole up after dark. And firefights that did happen at night became much more tense. It would certainly in SP games encourage the use of the tent and beds because right now they're only deco since the game has no fatigue mechanism.

Germanicus, Sofianinho and Frigidman like this.