What are your hopes for 10.0?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spacefarmer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Commander

An artificial horizon indicator would be nice as well. Even 3rd person view can be difficult to determine an SV's tilt.

2. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

The said atmosphere could contain harvestable resources such as hydrogen for fuel.

(This is my 500th post! :cool:)

SGP Corp, zztong and Bollen like this.
  3. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Good choices! Welcome to the community! :)

4. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I remember when "sleep" of any kind was one of my recommendations along with a med unit for HVs (& SVs) the latter of which got some resistance from certain factions. The point is, it pays to dream out loud. The Lords of Empyrion do listen from time to time.

5. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I agree. More to the point, the amount of sleep should be adjustable. Currently, you can't go to sleep until sundown, yet you wake up as much as 2 hours after sunrise. Even though I may wait 2 or 3 hours after sunrise to get out of bed, I see no reason to automatically afford my Player the same privilege. I'm retired, he's not!

Bollen likes this.
  6. Bollen

Bollen Commander

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Exactly!

7. jvpartin

jvpartin Lieutenant

If only Khan had a survival tool....

8. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

Yes!

Track Driver likes this.
  9. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

1. Having just started to grasp signal logic and the use of levers, I hope they might find a way to have multiple levers (3 or 4) on a single block. I don't know if it's possible, but it would make more sense than having each switch lever take up a whole 2-meter block.

2. Programmable Sound & Vocals. The ability to add or change sounds to suit different conditions or actions. Currently, beyond ambient sounds, weapons, tools and machinery, we have the "alarm" which is used for "oxygen being removed" or "drones approaching". It would be great to be able to select alternate alarm sounds. When initiating power to a ship, it would be nice to hear generators revving up and systems coming on-line before firing up thrusters. The sound of warp drive initiating is a good example.
    I would like to have some verbal warnings and maybe verbal confirmation of some actions and/or the little warning messages that pop up next to radar would remain until cancelled by "ESC" key.

3. Kitchen and bathroom furnishings need reworking. (This isn't game-breaking, just something I, as a retired designer of kitchen and bathroom plumbing, would like to see.)
    While the current Toilet & Shower1 work well enough with the 4-meter wide Bathroom Vanity. they are really huge! A 2mx2m shower stall should accommodate 4 people. (Not necessarily a bad thing!) Shipboard facilities ought to be more compact. Toilet should be centered 0.5 m from wall with a hand sink similarly centered next to it. The shower should take up 1/2 to 2/3 of the block width, with the remaining space taken by a deco water heater/ recycler.
    The outer walls should be texturable to match surroundings when desired.
    Kitchen counters should be 1-block modules and include a corner module. This would add flexibility to the layouts.

These should be in addition to and not replace existing blocks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Cleff, Sofianinho, Bollen and 7 others like this.
  10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Two stalls side-by-side in the space of one block would also be nice to have.

Cleff, Track Driver and ravien_ff like this.
  11. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Very much so. For larger ships and bases that would support larger crews could have reasonably sized shower/toilet rooms, a modified vanity cabinet w/ two sinks in the space of one block would carry that theme even better.

12. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I think I mentioned before somewhere that submarine-style crew quarters could likely fit into one CV-sized block. I think you could do a shower/restroom companion block. This would be appealing for those of us who like to make compact vessels.

13. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I agree completely.

14. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Do we have any examples of blocks that support different functions based on where you click/target to interact with them? I mention this because the notion of one block with a shower and a toilet would need that, and if the underlying game doesn't support that it might be a larger development effort than just creating models.

Another recent thing I saw suggested/requested (perhaps in this thread) is having more than one lever per square.

Perhaps the ability to dense-pack non-block-sized equipment into one block's space is the underlying desire?

Cleff and DeadliestIdiot like this.
  15. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

Levers are fine and all, but what about good, old-fashioned buttons?

16. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

A 9.0 really killed performance in any type of combat with other player or with other players in pve, at this point im begging for optimization!

17. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I don't know if the current OS will support multiple functions on a single device. Regarding toilet/ shower combo, the current toilet in-game function for hangover & food poisoning is handled with pills, injections and the Detox Kit. Until the devs add pooping to the game (and as much as it amuses me to occasionally flush just for grins), the toilet can just be deco next to the shower. jmo

I suggested having more than one lever per block.
    I seem to recall it being done in Space Engineer, but I have not played it for over a year, I could be mistaken.
    An alternative could be that clicking on a special switch opens a window like a small Control Panel limited to 3 or 4 slots that could then be programmed. I don't know if it's feasible, but I had to ask.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  18. Bollen

Bollen Commander

What wonderful ideas! I can tell you're a designer! And since we're talking of levers, make the 'general' switches in the properties windows also customisable! I like to have my maneuvering thrusters and main thrusters on different switches, it makes no sense to sacrifice so many redundant switches...

Track Driver likes this.
  19. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Thanks, Bollen.
    I just wish I had a better understanding of how things worked in this game.

I put a switch for "Combat Thrusters"when I needed more acceleration and (before they added the "Autobrake" switch) Reverse Thrusters" so I could coast in space.

Bollen likes this.
  20. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

And give us the ability to assign hotkeys while they're at it (we have Y to turn structures on and off, and that's about it).

Track Driver and Bollen like this.